On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, kashif said:

Hey just a question out of curiosity, I think all the ones here dying for pro1 are boys. is there any girls too or its just a boy thing?

Why on earth does the sex of the phone-users matter? Just asking.... Except there will (statistically speaking) be a higher change for women to have so slim fingers then can use all ten for typing on the Pro1.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, kashif said:

Hey guys i am thinking about another solution to all this.

i have few nokia e7s lying around and also have galaxy note 8.

why dont i just use super glue and stick Note 8 on top of E7 screen. Problem Solved!

Some did a similar thing more seriously with iphone keyboard cases and the likes. Alas the pictures are gone since the forum move but here's a thread from someone who went on such endeavor:

1 hour ago, kashif said:

Hey just a question out of curiosity, I think all the ones here dying for pro1 are boys. is there any girls too or its just a boy thing?

I have a hard time guessing the gender of names like kashif, hook, mcdinner, vazso, eskerahn, etc 🙂

besides from that,  biggest group of users here, depending on the age poll, are 40+ so women and men may be more accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

I have a hard time guessing the gender of names like kashif, hook, mcdinner, vazso, eskerahn, etc 🙂

besides from that,  biggest group of users here, depending on the age poll, are 40+ so women and men may be more accurate.

Just to be clear, I don't really mind if the phone will be shipped on early November, mid-November or sometime in December.
I know several things may happen and several problems can be faced.
...but if there are problems somewhere, I would like to know it may be delayed instead of repeating everything is on track till to the end.

Few weeks aren't really matters in a distance of years now, but I would like to see real information and statements.
The first time something broke in me was the lack of the ability to use two SIMs and uSD cards simultaneously and the last time was the promised hard case has changed to some sleeve without any prior notice.
I mainly miss proper communication.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kashif said:

Hey guys i am thinking about another solution to all this.

i have few nokia e7s lying around and also have galaxy note 8.

why dont i just use super glue and stick Note 8 on top of E7 screen. Problem Solved!

Here is my DIY QWERTY phone (Mi 4C and iPhone Bluetooth keyboard

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4c/accessories/qwerty-keyboard-slider-diy-t3303280/

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Just to be clear, I don't really mind if the phone will be shipped on early November, mid-November or sometime in December.
I know several things may happen and several problems can be faced.
...but if there are problems somewhere, I would like to know it may be delayed instead of repeating everything is on track till to the end.

Few weeks aren't really matters in a distance of years now, but I would like to see real information and statements.
The first time something broke in me was the lack of the ability to use two SIMs and uSD cards simultaneously and the last time was the promised hard case has changed to some sleeve without any prior notice.
I mainly miss proper communication.

I'm confused now, your post is completely unrelated to the quote 😄

Besides of that, yes communication is not good as established before. 🙂

I'm also mad about the case being switched to a sleeve. They have their reasons for that and sleeve is still better as an unusable case BUT I was really pissed about hearing that as a sitenote from Erik here in the forum 2 month after last info.

not being able to use 2 sim AND microSD was know from the beginning, so that's not a communication issue.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

I'm also mad about the case being switched to a sleeve. They have their reasons for that and sleeve is still better as an unusable case BUT I was really pissed about hearing that as a sitenote from Erik here in the forum 2 month after last info.

not being able to use 2 sim AND microSD was know from the beginning, so that's not a communication issue.

For me, sleeve is not really do anything as if the phone is in my pocket, then nothing else is near it... if I use it, then sleeve should not be put on, so practically it worth nothing if we are speaking about guarding the phone itself.

The other one (SIM + uSD) is more like a design issue, but it has revealed very lately (I have started following this project before the very beginning).
However, I have asked them to have SIM1 + SIM2 + uSD by that time, but that is another question.
Also, I understand they finally decided to use this hybrid solution, but apart from that, it hurts so much.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, VaZso said:

The other one (SIM + uSD) is more like a design issue, but it has revealed very lately (I have started following this project before the very beginning).
However, I have asked them to have SIM1 + SIM2 + uSD by that time, but that is another question.
Also, I understand they finally decided to use this hybrid solution, but apart from that, it hurts so much.

but it was clear on start of preorder.

don't get me wrong, I have my pain points too, but I knew them when I preordered. (curved screen)

I just don't like the mix here of known issues and new issues which were not properly communicated

Edited by mcdinner
addition
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

but it was clear on start of preorder.

don't get me wrong, I have my pain points too, but I knew them when I preordered. (curved screen)

I just don't like the mix here of known issues and new issues which were not properly communicated

Yes, when preorder became available, it was known and also curved screen was known.

Communication issues (including the lack of communication) were the most important part anyway.

Also, I hope to hear some good news soon - maybe near the first part of next week as there is nothing really new (which were unknown till Friday) may come on weekend.
I really hope they will leave a note when stock arrive to EU / US and they start shipping from those locations.

However, I don't know if we may even expect such updates...

3 minutes ago, Swond said:

Anyway.. when talking about curved screen (which I am not a fan neither), It was discussed, that there should be some settings to crop the resolution just to fit the screen without curved part. How did this end up? Anyone knows?

I don't know - we may see how it looks like.

I think it may be not a huge problem, but I am afraid how hard (or easy) will it to break compared to flat screens.
However, it seems the phone will be easily serviceable not like a usual phone today.

15 minutes ago, Swond said:

Anyway.. when talking about curved screen (which I am not a fan neither), It was discussed, that there should be some settings to crop the resolution just to fit the screen without curved part. How did this end up? Anyone knows?

There are Android apps already available that can do it for you. However, you will need to use ADB commands (or root access). If you want to resize only the touch area, that can be done even without ADB.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, netman said:

Or just buy the upcoming Pro1 Duplex as shown in the secret leaked photos thread :D.

Or you can buy from me, the Hybird pro1 i developed today!.

FX Tech is also welcome to order from me if they are having hard time putting together the orders.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

There are Android apps already available that can do it for you. However, you will need to use ADB commands (or root access). If you want to resize only the touch area, that can be done even without ADB.

Well, resizing the touch area would be enough, just the screen may become odd sometimes then I guess. Lets see. So in conclusion FX-TEC did not make their own feature, did they? @EskeRahn? 🙂

Edited by Swond

Guys today i am not thinking about when will i get my pro1, today i am just trying to solve this issue of not shipping and people getting upset. so i have provided several options and solutions today.

I got one more solution!

since we all know that only known living pro1 is with EskeRahn so maybe EskeRahn can put it here in this forum up for Auction.

The one who bit the most will get the pro1. everyone will be happy and EskeRahn will also make few millions over night!

4 hours ago, kashif said:

Here I was thinking the forum was mostly girls conversing under male aliases.  😁

Signed, girl  (who has an aging Samsung SGH-T699).

• Haha 7
29 minutes ago, Swond said:

Well, resizing the touch area would be enough, just the screen may become odd sometimes then I guess. Lets see. So in conclusion FX-TEC did not make their own feature, did they? @EskeRahn? 🙂

They already have some gimmicks up their sleeve here, But stuff like that I see as things that can be tuned with updates after it is on the street, as this is pure software/firmware, so no haste.

In the most primitive variant I assume it could be put deep down in the hardware layer 'simply' presenting a lesser logical display to the OS.

My personal favourite would be if we can have a lesser logical screen in Portrait than in landscape.

But the elegant solution would be if Android allows for the use of the full screens in stuff using the entire screen (showing images/videos), and a lesser screen everywhere else, and having user selectable black touch inactive 'soft-bezels'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic