Games - What do you play on your Pro1?

On 10/5/2020 at 9:58 AM, zetalight said:

Anyone tried Genshin Impact yet? My Pro1 is in transit but it'll make my day if it can run that game.

Seems to run fine! What are you guys using for keyboard overlay, though? I tried Octopus, but I can't seem to remap the compass input like I'd like to, since WASD is a bit far right on the Pro1's board

EDIT: Also, is there any way to stop the camera button from opening the camera? I don't really do photos, but it would make a great shoulder button

Edited by zetalight
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see, there are a number of games I play on the Pro1   Where Is the Setting Game How Do I Make This Stop Search Game What Does This Do Challenge The Volume Game Puzzl

So... This happened :)))  

Since the keyboard driver is now fixed I can play whatever I want. Most likely I will stick with nostalgic platform games like Sonic and Mario.  

Posted Images

... i have today ended vice city gta - all missions and small missions...after one month on fx phone. now i am start of playing san andreas 🙂

....BTW on retrogames.cz you can play old dos games in web browser 🙂

edit...gta sa is littlebit laggy...i dont know why...but playable

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Like 1

What I tested and works with keyboard:

• Asphalt 8: steer with arrows, space for nitro, s key for handbrake/drift
  • GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas: same key bindings as on PC, cheat codes work too (those also work on my Priv)

What I will test soon:

• Implosion: Never Loose Hope: should work as it does with my Priv keyboard
9 hours ago, Rud said:

• GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas: same key bindings as on PC, cheat codes work too (those also work on my Priv)

What I will test soon:

on SA you was on stock or on custom firmware? ...Because on custom is keyboard not working. When you press any hw key screen starts rotating...same problem as was with SA on xt897 with custom fw.

3 hours ago, CornholioGSM said:

on SA you was on stock or on custom firmware? ...Because on custom is keyboard not working. When you press any hw key screen starts rotating...same problem as was with SA on xt897 with custom fw.

You're right. Behaviour is identical on mine.

Sorry, I tested 3 and Vice City in game but for SA I saw keys worked in menu and also key binding options were available so I didn't test in game and supposed they work (don't have that much time).

Also, key binding options are gone in game menu after first run.

• Like 1

Here's a screenshot of the games I have installed (only the ones I detailed above properly support the keyboard), but I thought I'd share this if anyone is looking for some cyberpunk or pixel art game recommendations.

Most of them are premium, so no pay to win, in-app purchases or ads.

PPSSPP works great for PSP emulation if you put the on screen analogue stick in the top left and set buttons to  Q W A S, d-pad to keyboard arrows and L to volume-up and R to right shift.

SNES emulation is also great. I'll set up a NEO GEO emulator in the near future.

Screenshot_20201106-120324.png

PPSSPP

Screenshot_20201106-120340.png

Screenshot_20201106-120430.png

Edited by Rud
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, mv said:

I play Asphalt too and if by chance folks do as well I created a team F(x)tec Pro International flag

Gotta say I got hooked and the keyboard controls are great!

Did Asphalt allow to map hardware buttons on the keyboard?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Forgotten Memories: Silent Hill like, premium game with awesome graphics, a ton of graphic settings and partial keyboard support.

Dead Effect 2: Full keyboard support with binding settings for each key (I set WASD for movement and arrows for camera look). It's freemium with microtransactions but a moded version can be installed since it's a single player game with no ban, apparently.

On 10/15/2020 at 7:17 AM, Rud said:

What I will test soon:

Duuuude, something like SA-MP would be amazing on the Pro1. Not that it'll ever happen because Kalcor is a fucking asshole and a terrible developer to boot.

@topic: I briefly tried Pokemon Explorers of Darkness under RetroArch, let's just say the experience was awful. Tips?

Edited by Wasmachineman_NL
8 hours ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:

Duuuude, something like SA-MP would be amazing on the Pro1. Not that it'll ever happen because Kalcor is a fucking asshole and a terrible developer to boot.

@topic: I briefly tried Pokemon Explorers of Darkness under RetroArch, let's just say the experience was awful. Tips?

I was about to suggest getting a PSP emulator like PPSSPP and running the PSP iso to have that function but it seems GTA SA wasn't made for the PSP. Maybe look for an android PS2 emulator, if something like that exists. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

I never played pokemon unfortunately so I can't say what to try, but as what I said above, PPSSPP is a great emulator, so maybe see if there was a PSP version of your game and try it in PPSSPP.

Edited by Rud
2 hours ago, Benni said:

Looks like a Switch with way better display 🙂

Ergonomics are good too with the tilted screen.

The controller is the Ipega 9083s, found it for about 30$. They also have some app for mapping controls for games with no controller support, but I didn't get into that yet.

I added some padding to where the phone sits and it's a perfect fit. Felt adhesive pads you usually put beneath chair legs to not scratch the floor did the trick.

Sound seems way louder too. Maybe it bounces around beneath the controller and the phone.

Edited by Rud
  • Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 9:14 AM, mv said:

I play Asphalt too and if by chance folks do as well I created a team F(x)tec Pro | International flag

Gotta say I got hooked and the keyboard controls are great!

Gonna Plug this again, Looking for more to join the team created a club Fxtec Pro it is under the International Flag

Come join in the fun if you play, makes it easier to advance with cards and not needing to buy up.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:28 PM, Rud said:

image.thumb.png.d79008b96118b763ec2feaeea1ba5a28.png

Woah that looks like a perfect fit. I wanted to play GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories but the keyboard controls were pretty awkward (to be honest these games generally play horrible without a mouse). How is the experience in first person games with this?

Edited by Tsunero
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Tsunero said:

Woah that looks like a perfect fit. I wanted to play GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories but the keyboard controls were pretty awkward (to be honest these games generally play horrible without a mouse). How is the experience in first person games with this?

Experience is quite great for GTA vice city, liberty city and san andreas. I didn't try for any GTA stories.

Implosion, Republique, Bright Memory, Forgotten memories and Pascal's Wager also play great. (Bright memory is a FPS and a bit of a platformer and it works just fine)

The only 2 sort of cons for this controller are:

1. Right and left trigger are digital not analogue - that means that in a racing game for example, if acceleration is set to either of those buttons, you are either at full speed or stopped, the button is either pressed or not, you don't accelerate proportionally to how far you push those buttons
  2. Analogue sticks have a small center zone, this means that if you just want to walk in a game like GTA, you have to only move the sticks for a fraction of a millimeter, any more and you start running

Please look over my other comment after the one you quoted to see how I got the phone to fit like that.

Also, it's a blast with PPSSPP. 🙂

Edited by Rud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I got the PC version of Doom 3 to run perfectly on my Pro1 with some APK and game files from a Russian website. Not posting links as I don't know if I'm allowed, but if anyone is interested, just search for doom 3 android, it's worth it. 
😄

Game has audio, I just forgot to capture it. Keyboard, controller and even onscreen controls work fine.

Edited by Rud

Well, I bought identical controller for my Pro1, now I can say its great handheld 😄

150937292_229897315472492_390043899614837173_n.jpg

Honestly, I recommend to check one of the cloud services like gamepass or Nvidia one. I'm smashing trough the Minecraft Dungeons right now! 

On 1/28/2021 at 7:54 PM, Rud said:

Right and left trigger are digital not analogue - that means that in a racing game for example, if acceleration is set to either of those buttons, you are either at full speed or stopped, the button is either pressed or not, you don't accelerate proportionally to how far you push those buttons

Ah, yes, I forgot about that. Cheaper gamepads does not have triggers, just plain buttons. Still, the only construction I know have that triggers is a Razer gamepad which is about 4x more expensive than that chinese one, and even better - in Razer one you cannot switch the modes (Android, iOS, Xinput) so you need to buy one of three different versions and stick with it! 

On 1/28/2021 at 7:54 PM, Rud said:

Analogue sticks have a small center zone, this means that if you just want to walk in a game like GTA, you have to only move the sticks for a fraction of a millimeter, any more and you start running

That's the issue of the games/emulators. That's very good it reacts even for a single milimeter, that means the gamepad its not the cheapest crap ever. For that problems there is something like a deadzone, just set it a bit higher. In the cheapest gamepads movement starts like over 25% of the movement of the stick. 

I also disassembled that gamepad to check whats inside - Standard gamepad stuff I can say. The analog sticks are the counterfeits of the RSF sticks, the RSF analog sticks are in the Logitech gamepads, and are made whole from metal parts, not like the ALPS ones which are mounted in all of the console gamepads (dualshocks, xbox gamepads etc.). But still - They does not behave like original RSF ones. 

Edited by 3zet
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, 3zet said:

Ah, yes, I forgot about that. Cheaper gamepads does not have triggers, just plain buttons. Still, the only construction I know have that triggers is a Razer gamepad which is about 4x more expensive than that chinese one, and even better - in Razer one you cannot switch the modes (Android, iOS, Xinput) so you need to buy one of three different versions and stick with it! 

There are some that do have triggers. ETA Prime has some reviews on youtube for them. Also, the Razer gamepad has a centered USB C jack from what I remember, so it wouldn't work with the Pro1.

Good idea about the game streaming services. I actually want to try and stream from my PC to the phone, see how my GTX 1080 looks on the Pro1. Cyberpunk 2077 on a Pro1 would be... well... pretty cyberpunk. 😄

@3zetYou should try Doom3 on the phone, works like charm and you can set mouse sensitivity in game options, that basically translates to right analogue stick sensitivity in this case

We are basically trying to make this :))) :

Edited by Rud
  • Like 2
On 12/29/2020 at 3:28 PM, Rud said:

image.thumb.png.d79008b96118b763ec2feaeea1ba5a28.png

I'm not that much of gamer, but now that I've finally got a Pro¹ I just couldn't resist and bought two of those! I never had a gamepad before for whatever I used for gaming, whether a phone or a tablet or a PC. Now It is about time I got one, and I bought one for my partner, too, even though she doesn't have a Pro¹ (she's happy with her Fairphone and wants to use it for as long as possible). I guess it cannot hurt, especially since it's getting less and less clear how long the COVID-19 lockdown will have to continue. (Here in Germany, the infection rate is suddenly rising again after the long second wave was just seeming to slowly ebb away with first reliefs from restrictions just around the corner, but now there's already fear of a third wave, as the British mutation – no, that's not about Brexit – is more and more replacing the original variant of the virus...)

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1