VaZso

Spontaneous reboots - discssion on possible causes

I must say I haven't experienced any random shutdowns/reboots for some time now.

But having said that I haven't been anywhere but in hospital or at home due to lockdown. But I did find out that the shutdowns & reboots I had last year were caused by network maintenance.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 3:38 PM, tdm said:

I have not completely backed out the double-tap-to-wake (dt2w) changes from stock.  That could be what you are seeing.  I'll try to get that done for the next build.

For what it's worth, the shutting down which had been happening nearly daily, has not happened since I installed the new Lineage build.  Thanks, tdm.  🙂  (Hoping this isn't famous last words 😄 ).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hook said:

For what it's worth, the shutting down which had been happening nearly daily, has not happened since I installed the new Lineage build.  Thanks, tdm.  🙂  (Hoping this isn't famous last words 😄 ).

Thank you for the confirmation that it is fixed.  This means the actual DT2W configuration change fixed the issue and the I2C changes were not necessary.

I'm mildly interested in the I2C changes, but I have no idea what is wired to i2c_7.  I guess as long as it works, I'll just leave it.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Hook said:

Same here, since I installed LOS Test15, shutting down never happened again. And with LOS, I never had spontaneous reboots anymore. Thus, installing LOS has been a very fortunate decision!

• Like 3

I'm still in doubt if I should install LOS. I mean, Android hasn't given me an troubles apart from the WiFi reboot thing. What is the main advantage of switching to LOS?

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 2:57 PM, michael.bosscha said:

What is the main advantage of switching to LOS?

I summarized it on reddit, but the main things are keyboard working a lot more like it should and no more audio crackle.

Edited by Craig
  • Thanks 2

The past 48 hours or so my phone spontaneously rebooted around 3 times. BUT I also seem to find out that if I use the Debug shortcut (Power + Volume Down) it rebooted my phone as well, so I do wonder if some of the reboots were actually triggered by the hard keys in the pocket and not actually spontaneous. 

Captured a debug report anyways, not sure if FXtec/IdeaLTE wants to look at it.

• Like 2

I experienced a lot of reboots since the 202006 update. Today I tried to use OsmAnd for navigation, and my phone lasted no more than a few minutes until it decided to reboot again. Very frustrating ...

Unfortunately I was not able to pinpoint the problem 😞

• Sad 1