Official firmware

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, some very good news on twitter, finally looks like some software fixes coming: https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/status/1280900929273958402 I'm hoping that whatsapp thing means the

An update has been delivered to my device!

Posted Images

Bumping this thread, is anyone having issues getting phone calls to work?

When someone dials me, I hear the dialer but i'm not able to pick up anything. If I press the power button, the ringing stops but I am not given any opportunity to pick up the phone.

Edit: disregard, I somehow got the notifications muted. 

Edited by D1ggs
  • Confused 1
On 6/23/2020 at 4:41 PM, EskeRahn said:

Screenshot_20200623-173632.png

Just checked it passes SafetyNet check now. 🙂

I've had to reinstall the version that Chen posted as part of the flashing back to stock after trying out Ubuntu Touch for a day (it looks promising, but still needs to mature somewhat).

Unfortunately now when I check for updates it states that there are no updates available beyond the September 2019 security update, current version:

QX1000_EEA_05500.19Q401_20191111-1505

Anybody with any ideas on how to update to the latest version?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, dt.white said:

Unfortunately now when I check for updates it states that there are no updates available beyond the September 2019 security update, current version:

QX1000_EEA_05500.19Q401_20191111-1505

Anybody with any ideas on how to update to the latest version?

Hmm that is odd. I would suggest to try a restart first. It OUGHT to be able to update.

Note though that I have experienced when the app can not see the net, that it sometimes just says that there are no new updates, when there actually is.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Hmm that is odd. I would suggest to try a restart first. It OUGHT to be able to update.

Note though that I have experienced when the app can not see the net, that it sometimes just says that there are no new updates, when there actually is.

Have tried a restart and also done a factory reset as well (so for now I've installed only the essential apps!) and no luck. Attempted to connect over WiFi and Mobile but to no avail. I've also force stopped the Wireless Update apps to try and get it to start over, no bueno.

Is there a way to flash the latest version manually? I could try flashing the original again, not sure if it'd work..

• Sad 1
On 7/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, EskeRahn said:

You have tried what I would. So this is a matter for support. I Added @Erik

Well out of the blue today all of the updates started coming through and I'm now on the latest. So if anybody else runs into this issue it ended up taking five days to resolve by itself and a little patience!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Great thing about stock Android is that system does not kill background apps. I just ran "Don'tKillMyApp" benchmark for 4 hours and got 100% score.

DontKillMyApp is a benchmark to test how badly your phone handles background apps

More informaation: https://dontkillmyapp.com/

And the great  thing about Greenify, is that it helps keep the stuff down that tries to but really shouldn't run in the background.

Sure well written apps could stay in the background, doing nothing.

But a myriad of bad apps can not stay inactive, and waste your battery with zero benefit for the user. It could either be bad code, or actively stealing your activities/data.

15 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

And the great  thing about Greenify, is that it helps keep the stuff down that tries to but really shouldn't run in the background.

Sure well written apps could stay in the background, doing nothing.

But a myriad of bad apps can not stay inactive, and waste your battery with zero benefit for the user. It could either be bad code, or actively stealing your activities/data.

Yes, Greenify is an excellent app but there are dozens of "Task Killers" and "RAM Boosters" that users should not install.

Closing Apps to Save Your Battery Only Makes Things WorseWorse

Why RAM Boosters and Task Killers Are Bad for Your Android

• Like 1

Hey, some very good news on twitter, finally looks like some software fixes coming:

image.png.852ed81cb221e88b5c226797fcff33c3.png

https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/status/1280900929273958402

I'm hoping that whatsapp thing means the audio-crackle, which is one of the major issues (and a 1 line code fix) that has been plaguing everyone still on stock OS.

And glad they fixed Esc key.  Hopefully they also enabled wake-on-keypresss (for every key) and keyboard backlight on keypress too while messing with Esc.  Hopefully they made SYM key right-alt.  Hopefully set keyboard to alpha. Etc.

Hopefully this also means someone is finally working on stock firmware and we'll start to see other issues getting fixed soon too...

Edited by Craig
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9
9 hours ago, Craig said:

Hey, some very good news on twitter, finally looks like some software fixes coming:

image.png.852ed81cb221e88b5c226797fcff33c3.png

https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/status/1280900929273958402

I'm hoping that whatsapp thing means the audio-crackle, which is one of the major issues (and a 1 line code fix) that has been plaguing everyone still on stock OS.

And glad they fixed Esc key.  Hopefully they also enabled wake-on-keypresss (for every key) and keyboard backlight on keypress too while messing with Esc.  Hopefully they made SYM key right-alt.  Hopefully set keyboard to alpha. Etc.

Hopefully this also means someone is finally working on stock firmware and we'll start to see other issues getting fixed soon too...

Sadly I can confirm that wake- and backlight-on-keypress are not enabled with this update 😞 And Sym key seems to do nothing still...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, jjarmasz said:

Sadly I can confirm that wake- and backlight-on-keypress are not enabled with this update 😞 And Sym key seems to do nothing still...

Ever tried alternative layouts like FX Qwerty

3 hours ago, Tsunero said:

Finally that very nasty sound crackling is gone

Indeed, audio sounds much better overall. Awesome 🥳🥳🥳

Edited by Slion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I just called my mailbox and it's still pretty loud, even on the lowest call volume setting.

mailbox = German for voicemail-thingy

Edited by Benni
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Benni said:

I just called my mailbox and it's still pretty loud, even on the lowest call volume setting.

I have also called service provider's IVR system and I haven't noticed call is quieter than before... or at least it is still too loud.

• Thanks 2

Anyway, I am unsure, but may the low brightness colour issue improved?
Maybe I was not looking at appropriate photo, but I have a feeling it may be better now.

Also, I am not at home (so it is not latest firmware-related), but at this place, I have "4G+" sign in status row.

1 hour ago, VaZso said:

Anyway, I am unsure, but may the low brightness colour issue improved?
Maybe I was not looking at appropriate photo, but I have a feeling it may be better now.

I don't see any improvements on my unit. Here is The Dragon picture to check.

https://www.deviantart.com/fellfallow/art/CLOSED-Inky-Beast-731904319

Edited by FlyingAntero