PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

I bought a secondary prepaid SIM which I'm going to activate next week. For now it sits in slot 2. To not get warnings I've deactivated slot 2.

In this state when I turn on the Pro1 it doesn't ask for the PIN of SIM1 right after startup. I have to lock the phone first and then unlock it again for the SIM unlock screen to pop up.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

it doesn't ask for the PIN of SIM1 right after startup

Interesting bug! Does this mean that sim1 is active bypassing the pin?  Or 'merely' that both are deactivated (despite you only requested sim2 deactivated). Can you do calls/sms/mobile data on sim1?

55 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Thee first weeks after it went official we got weekly Monday builds. But not the last two Mondays.
I see a lot of pending stuff described here
https://download.lineageos.org/pro1/changes/

Anyone knows what is preventing these from going 'live'?

Apparently there was an issue with the build server configuration.

https://buildkite.com/lineageos/android/builds/25787#2280946e-4537-4166-9eaa-79e9dbfb50d5

You can track all Lineage builds here:

https://buildkite.com/lineageos/android/builds

Note the nice pretty shade of red all the way down the page... 😄

• Thanks 4

@tdm Just an FYI, but my VoLTE and WiFi stopped working some time ago and no matter what I do it won't work again.  I put the sim back in to an iPhone7 and it works fine there.  I've rebooted and toggled all the settings but still no go.  So something is definitely not working right here and its not a direct carrier issue.  I don't know if it's just LineageOS or also applies to stock as I don't have an easy way to test with stock.  Just thought I'd let you know.🙄

Edited by JooJooBee666
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

@tdm Just an FYI, but my VoLTE and WiFi stopped working some time ago and no matter what I do it won't work again.  I put the sim back in to an iPhone7 and it works fine there.  I've rebooted and toggled all the settings but still no go.  So something is definitely not working right here and its not a direct carrier issue.  I don't know if it's just LineageOS or also applies to stock as I don't have an easy way to test with stock.  Just thought I'd let you know.🙄

Stock is even pickier on VoLTE it seems... https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3055-volte-voice-over-4g-data/

Today I took the time to flash Lineage OS , following the instructions at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1/install .

My Pro1 has physical qwertz keyboard layout and I prefer German as system language.

So i did the following steps (sorry for writing german setting names here):

"Einstellungen" --> "System" --> "Sprachen & Eingabe" --> "Physische Tastatur" -> "Builtin Keyboard" -> "Tastaturlayout wählen" + "einrichten": Checked Deutsch (Android Tastatur).

Still no change: Most keys seem to be "shifted" , i.e. pressing "f" then a "d" is printed .

After searching and reading for ages here without success, I found the solution rather accidently: There is another option for keyboard settungs which is not translated and so can not be found by search (with german words ...):

"Einstellungen" --> "System" --> "Erweitert" --> "Keyboard" (scroll all the way down) --> "Layout" where it is possible to switch between QWERTY and QWERTZ !

Searching in settings for "fn" (and tapping on one of the two matches) are leading there also.

I think an appropriate  hint belongs to installation procedure.

Cheers, order#10248

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
On 8/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, EskeRahn said:

Interesting bug! Does this mean that sim1 is active bypassing the pin?  Or 'merely' that both are deactivated (despite you only requested sim2 deactivated). Can you do calls/sms/mobile data on sim1?

I got this too: When I boot, Lineage is not asking for the SIM pin (only one SIM installed) and I can start using the phone. SIM is still locked though and of course no internet/calls.

If I then turn off the screen and turn it back on, the PIN entry is shown.

• Like 2
On 8/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, EvilDragon said:

I'm not sure if this is related to LineageOS or something else, but I have a small problem with Bluetooth:
I've got a headset (Shure) which is also recognized as headset (you can see that from the symbol).

However, all apps (Audio Recorder, WhatsApp, etc.) I tried always use the internal phone microphone instead of the headset one.

When I connect a wired headset, this works fine - it's only an issue with Bluetooth.

Any ideas?

I can confirm the same issue. I use Bose NC 700.
It works as I can hear everything fine through the headset, but I need to hold the phone as a microphone for others to hear me.

EDIT:
This releates to apps (in my case Slack). The native phone app does not seem to have this issue.

Edited by Jonathan

HELP! The OTA update - 20200824 installed automatically but now the phone can't boot.

The only thing I have done differently from the install instructions is I've used OpenGapps instead of MindTheGapps.

After the update installed succesfully and prompted me to reboot the phone, I got a Lineage OS animation for a long time (about 5 minutes) and then an error message, something along the lines of "not possible to boot, you might try a factory reset" With options to either Try Again or Factory Reset. I rebooted into the bootloader and then powered off the phone from ther eto get to work.

Tried to turn it on again, and now it's just stuck on the Lineage logo animation for maybe 15 minutes.

Is it possible to get a boot console from the phone via USB? Maybe then I could try to find what's amiss...

EDIT: I pressed the power button from the LOS animation, phone rebooted and got to the screen again, image below.

image.png.2fc176efe304e97432b7f7e909311e81.png

Edited by agent008

Same here, no gapps at all. I tried downgrading (unsupported, I know), but the recovery doesn't accept sideloading in either case (both 20200803 and 20200824). I'm simply getting

adb: sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method...
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found

• Like 1

I will just say that manual sideloading of  the 20200824 update went smoothly.  I always sideload, have never trusted OTAs (not because I have ever tried them, so I don't actually have a good basis for not trusting them).   So, AFAICT, there is nothing wrong with the nightly zip.  (I also always resideload addonsu and Gapps-- I don't trust the "Preserving Gapps" stuff.  😉

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am waiting for any help before factory resetting. It'd save me many hours setting up all over again.

EDIT: If I reboot to bootloader and select "Boot to Recovery", I still get the error screen. So at the moment sideloading the update is not possible.

Edited by agent008

Interesting - shouldn't the A/B slot system be for just these cases - updated slot fails to boot and you can boot the previous slot which is still OK (without the update)?

Can you switch the active slot at bootloader mode to previous one and try to boot that one?

• Like 3
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion