1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I do not think that F(x)tec ever planned to produce more than what was ordered. Perhaps a small overhead buffer, primarily for any needed warranty replacements, but I never heard that they would carry an extensive stock. There MIGHT be some dealers that want to take that chance though. We know that a few dealers had bought a handful for stock a while back - but they were sold out practically immediately. I do not know if any dealers currently got a stock.

Well last december it was communicated that the main goal was to have 1-day delivery for christmas. That would require more than just a few spare units. Not sure if that has changed this year, with the pandemic people are less likely to order a phone for christmas, etc..

• Like 4
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The majority of the orders are complete. It's only natural for people to discuss a problem in the community, not the lack of. We barely ever hear from the customers who have received their devices in

Could you email your order ID to [email protected]? I don't see one linking to this community account.

Order #46XXX (QWERTY) was placed on December 28, 2019 and allocated today at 11:54.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I do not think that F(x)tec ever planned to produce more than what was ordered. Perhaps a small overhead buffer, primarily for any needed warranty replacements, but I never heard that they would carry an extensive stock. There MIGHT be some dealers that want to take that chance though. We know that a few dealers had bought a handful for stock a while back - but they were sold out practically immediately. I do not know if any dealers currently got a stock.

We want to be in general availability with 1-day shipping before the holidays, which means all pre-orders will be fulfilled in advance before the 24th of December.

Snipped from Erik's post last November

I don't recall any announcements since then that changed their overall plan of 1 day shipping, unless I'm interpreting that incorrectly.

• Like 1

The web site currently states 10 to 12 weeks.
However we still have people who ordered over 12 months ago and are still waiting.

My guess is that somehow some orders got forgotten and are still at the bottom of the stack for some reason. More than once we've seen people experiencing long delays and then stuff get sorted pretty quickly once they got in touch with support through email or forum. It looks like FxTec is pretty bad at prioritising but if you manage to get their attention they can sort you out quite fast.

I would advise people with long outstanding order to contact FxTec via email or Forum.  With a bit of luck that will put your request back to the top of the stack.

1 minute ago, Slion said:

The web site currently states 10 to 12 weeks.
However we still have people who ordered over 12 months ago and are still waiting.

My guess is that somehow some orders got forgotten and are still at the bottom of the stack for some reason. More than once we've seen people experiencing long delays and then stuff get sorted pretty quickly once they got in touch with support through email or forum. It looks like FxTec is pretty bad at prioritising but if you manage to get their attention they can sort you out quite fast.

I would advise people with long outstanding order to contact FxTec via email or Forum.  With a bit of luck that will put your request back to the top of the stack.

I noted that the ones mentioned are qwertZ, that are currently also marked as "out of stock" for new orders, I have no idea why they seem to have troubles getting more of those, but that could explain it.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I noted that the ones mentioned are qwertZ, that are currently also marked as "out of stock" for new orders, I have no idea why they seem to have troubles getting more of those, but that could explain it.

Yes I was also wondering about this. From the current text of the website, I understand that they still intend to sell QWERTZ in the future, but it would be interesting to get confirmation. Or are they already collector items?

• Like 1

Plus don't forget, once they finally get caught up with all the phones, they still have headphones to deliver....  but obviously the people who paid for phones in 2019 are the highest priority, then all these 2020 orders, then our headphones, and hopefully still have Pro¹s ready to order before Christmas.   I think the official release is supposed to be in September right, that's this month... or was it October, can't remember....

21 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Sorry, could you clarify what you're referring to by "the ones mentioned"? If you mean the long delays, I can tell you I'm qwertY with an early Dec 2019 order. I've just been assuming that that puts me in the pack most impacted by COVID complications (and for the record, I'm alright with the COVID delays. I'd rather wait another year than have a phone that somebody died to produce)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, zetalight said:

Sorry, could you clarify what you're referring to by "the ones mentioned"? If you mean the long delays, I can tell you I'm qwertY with an early Dec 2019 order. I've just been assuming that that puts me in the pack most impacted by COVID complications (and for the record, I'm alright with the COVID delays. I'd rather wait another year than have a phone that somebody died to produce)

I was referring to those that stated they have been waiting for a year. Though you are over nine month and that is sad too. I do not know how deep the stack is. The latest info we got with a number was with the large batch that was partly blocked by the Covid, and here they said they had reached 70% of the pre orders. But they used this complex nation-based system to decide who was next, so hard for us outside the system to guess what this means for your particular order in your 'national stack'. But they have said a new batch was expected in September so hopefully you will be part of that one.

And indeed though it is a great phone, it not worth anyone dying.

• Like 1

I've been waiting over a year as well. I ordered one after getting the Cosmo Communicator and not liking it. For some reason I thought FxTec would be a better company than Planet Computers, but I could be wrong. At least I got a device from PC. I've never received anything for my money from FxTec.

3 hours ago, resister said:

So no answer on a true wait time (not the 10-12 weeks) ? I placed my order on June 12 2020 (Qwerty) for the USA. 

This is a community forum, please ask support directly.
They may have valuable information to tell about potential shipping time.

3 hours ago, resister said:

So no answer on a true wait time (not the 10-12 weeks) ? I placed my order on June 12 2020 (Qwerty) for the USA. 

May I ask what ordernumber you got (if you login on the fxtec.com site you can find it under orders) because I placed my order and paid on februari 16 and got ordernumber 52999# ,perhaps we can discover how many order there could be and how many are forfilled, if I can get some dates and numbers from several people I might be able to clear the mist.

2 hours ago, Stucadoor2 said:

May I ask what ordernumber you got (if you login on the fxtec.com site you can find it under orders) because I placed my order and paid on februari 16 and got ordernumber 52999# ,perhaps we can discover how many order there could be and how many are forfilled, if I can get some dates and numbers from several people I might be able to clear the mist.

The numbers are assigned in order, but they are not directly subsequent. That topic has been discussed several times already in the unbelievably long thread "On production status and delivery" (I think it was renamed recently, just look for the longest thread, if you are interested).

• Like 2
On 9/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, zetalight said:

I'm over 9 at this point myself.

Sit down at your desk and the doorbell will ring immediately. Talk about your shipping wait time and you'll get your stock assigned email the following week.

Order #445xx (Dec 2019 QWERTY) is assigned. I'll be back on the forums in a couple weeks to ask very basic questions about adups and Lineage, I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

i'm pretty sure if you place an order 45 days before christmas, you'll get it by this christmas 2020 for sure.  i think they are going to ramp up the marketing and spread the word in 2021.. honestly, it is actually good for them to release the phone in 2021 and make a huge come back with an uproar. 

big success for FxTec for the year ahead, we're rooting for ya !  we want to see you succeed so we can buy parts and look forward to the Pro2  :))

• Like 4

Good to know that I would have waited four to five more months to get a device (I think it was order number 48k) if I hadn't bought a used one. But I'm still glad that they keep producing and seemingly ramped up the production (at least a bit).

Since we were at around order number 10k in may/june, it really seems to go in the right direction.

Looking at the numbers refering to the profiles on the forum ,there are about 8000+ orders placed.

Resister's account was created in nov.2019 and is profile 7772 as mine is created in feb and is 7949 as for erik who is nr 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:00 AM, Jacob_S said:

The numbers are assigned in order, but they are not directly subsequent. That topic has been discussed several times already in the unbelievably long thread "On production status and delivery" (I think it was renamed recently, just look for the longest thread, if you are interested).

If this is the case, there are over 60.000 orders.

• Confused 1
41 minutes ago, Stucadoor2 said:

Looking at the numbers refering to the profiles on the forum ,there are about 8000+ orders placed.

Resister's account was created in nov.2019 and is profile 7772 as mine is created in feb and is 7949 as for erik who is nr 1

If this is the case, there are over 60.000 orders.

The account numbers are not the original ones, they changed at the forum upgrade, as you can see mine is number 5183, and I have been active in here long before Erik was hired.... The first (or at the least among the first handful) would be Waxberry - and he got 5215...