Something special is coming...

4 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Basically I find black is far better than blue, so for me, really not the colour what matters...

I think the black variant looks much better too. The way the antenna lines are slightly visible as an ornament I find very elegant. The black on blue lines... not so much. But I'm sure some Old-Nokia fans will find it a nostalgia trip.

The XDA print at the bottom part I certainly hope is an initall sketch, or it will need a sticker or a case - that detail  looks horrible in my oppinion

• Like 2
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! It’s Chen here, been a long time since we last talked or met in person. First of all I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, regardless where you are. It might be a difficu

There are many considerations to stock/factory software.  Here is a (probably not complete) list from someone who has been relatively close to the process in the past but not directly involved:  

I had to delete some of the content our very crafty users found about this :). We can’t share anything for certain until the 27th, as there’s still a lot of graphical (presentation) work undergoi

Posted Images

Just now, EskeRahn said:

I think the black variant looks much better too. The way the antenna lines are slightly visible as an ornament I find very elegant. The black on blue lines... not so much. But I'm sure some Old-Nokia fans will find it a nostalgia trip.

The XDA print at the bottom part I certainly hope is an initall sketch, or it will need a sticker or a case - that detail  looks horrible in my oppinion

+1 for all of the above.

4 minutes ago, SteffenWi said:

Am I missing something here? The tech stats for the Pro1-X are the exact same as for the Pro1. Is this a relaunch? Same CPU, same RAM, same screen, same camera, same (shitty) spot to put a fingerprint sensor at.

2GB more RAM, and (possibly) twice the storage (256GB). And it's blue. 

Just now, EskeRahn said:

Except the storage option

okay, yes, fair point. You can get a version with 2GB more RAM and double the memory capacity.

In any case, I would've hoped for more. Wireless charging for example (hint: my Pro1 is still in repair due to the broken USB C port.), a slightly bigger battery and a newer CPU (-> energy efficiency) and a fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone where it belongs.

• Sad 1
Just now, EskeRahn said:

I wonder from the context if this is not just a translation issue. My guess would be that they mean "casing" - but I hope I'm wrong.

the images appear to be a casing and not a case, less it fits super tight.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, VaZso said:

XDA users

Wonder what the heck does that mean... anyone with a XDA forum account? Have one dating back to the O2 XDA days. 

Not that I want one... I just want FXtec to fix the current one, be it update the current one convert us to an official LineageOS build. And before someone says "flash Lineage yourself", I need the phone to be validated as stock for BYOD purposes.

• Like 1

I did the "Enthusiast" Perk.  Lol.  I think it just keeps me in the loop for their progress emails, but happy to contribute to the cause. I do hope this means that official versions of the OSs will be on their way to us as well.

Raises the question of what is the point of ordering a Pro 1 from the store anymore.  Confusing.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Hook said:

I did the "Enthusiast" Perk.  Lol.  I think it just keeps me in the loop for their progress emails, but happy to contribute to the cause. I do hope this means that official versions of the OSs will be on their way to us as well.

Raises the question of what is the point of ordering a Pro 1 from the store anymore.  Confusing.

See the FAQ on indiegogo:

Will the Pro1-X be available after the campaign?
We are currently intend to have the Pro1-X available only during the campaign as part of a limited run.

I don't really understand that decision either, but I don't understand most of fxtec's decisions TBH
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

Wonder what the heck does that mean... anyone with a XDA forum account? Have one dating back to the O2 XDA days. 

Not that I want one... I just want FXtec to fix the current one, be it update the current one convert us to an official LineageOS build. And before someone says "flash Lineage yourself", I need the phone to be validated as stock for BYOD purposes.

No, anyone who has submitted here has received a link which has an additional perk of the 8/256 GB version for $639.

It does also help for existing Pro1 orders anyway as the higher the community grows, the higher the chance of long-term support. Existing Pro1 users will also benefit as the hardware is the same where flash storage and RAM amount do not really matters. So they should definitively fix everything possible.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

I just want FXtec to fix the current one, be it update the current one convert us to an official LineageOS build. And before someone says "flash Lineage yourself", I need the phone to be validated as stock for BYOD purposes.

This does raise a point, what's the bootloader like on this new one? The current one has a locked bootloader that can easily be unlocked. But you can't just lock it with LineageOS I think because it checks if the original ROM is on there or something (not sure). I am guessing that for BYOD policies they check if the bootloader is locked, or if the safetynet thing passes (which checks the bootloader among other things). This isn't possible to pass on LineageOS without rooty shenanigans, which I'm sure would be even worse for BYOD situations. The reason the Pro1 has a locked bootloader is to pass safetynet and have Google Pay among other things.

The only way I can see this phone being valid for BYOD is if it has a locked bootloader, which would be neat for LineageOS. However, that would also fly in the face of the marketing for you having "options". I think you're hoping for something that's impossible, on this new phone and even more impossible on the Pro1.

• Like 2

Exactly the same phone, but more storage for some models? Yeah... No. I would at least expect a tad better processor. This one runs OK but this CPU is now at the end of its legs. It is now three years old, and older when the phone actually ships. That Christmas perk? Sorry, I'm as much an F(x)tec fan as the next person in line but I don't trust a release in such a short timespan. Plus: that blue is... no thanks.

• Like 2

This feels like the same phone with just a few minor tweaks. Biggest changes are software related. Extra ram is great, but I don't really care about the extra storage. 128gb is more than enough to start and expansion cards are cheap. Wished the saved the money or dropped the price. At 499, early birds got a great deal. But it's really tough to keep justifying the SD835. It's not getting any younger

Am I missing anything here?

Edited by npatel1050
  • Like 2