PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah that sound the problem several have encountered with the earpiece. It seems to be a mechanical issue, try to check if the display part is tight together at the earpiece end. Some have reported that

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu. Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1 OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.o

Updated yesterday via sideload with nano opengapps and Magisk. No problems so far, even banking apps with nfc payments are working! 😀

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Breeze said:

After the update my camera app doesn't save the pictures on the SD card anymore. Works fine if i choose Internal storage.

I can see my SD card in the file manager and all the files on it. But doesn't save the pictures on it.

Have a look over here, where a browser have troubles saving using 10.0 , Could be the same issue that @Slion got with his browser.

• Thanks 1

Android 10 seems to present some additional challenges with the external SD card.  With Open Camera, I had to go to "more camera settings" as usual, but unlike with Android 9, I had to toggle on "Use Storage Access Framework."  Then it allowed me to give permission for the "Save Location" to access a folder on my SD card and now Open Camera is saving to the SD card again.

Google seems to be determined to make things as difficult as possible for using SD cards. Grrrr

Edited by Hook
  • Thanks 4

I use stock camera. I can choose SD card in the settings but it doesn´t save the picture. I see the taken picture in the little circle (last taken picture) but nothing happens when i tap on it. It should open the picture.

Forgot to mention that my old pictures before the update doesn't show up in the gallery anymore...

Edited by Breeze
More info!
On 11/10/2020 at 10:06 PM, EskeRahn said:

Done, went super smooth and fast 🙂

IF we got mindthegapps while on 16.0 It seems to be important instead to install opengapps during in the 17.1 process.

(That is as Mindthegapps in this version is not supported on 17.1, we can not leave it there, but have to have opengapps replacing it - as @Wheeljack did above too )

Hi

So is this information correctly? For somereason I thought it would not matter which gapps we should use. Heck, don't even remember which I installed last time. 

Anyway, so adb 17.1 (can be done with old recovery), reboot, adb opengapps and Magisk -> good to go? No data loss?

When installing GApps it needs to be tailored for the installed Android version. Since MindTheGApps hasn't been updated in a while and there is no package for Android 10, we have to go with OpenGApps.

I followed the official upgrade guide (which for some reason uses "adb reboot sideload" to skip that one button press in recovery). After flashing Lineage and rebootinga1g into the new recovery, I flashed OpenGapps Nano - from the package description it sounded the closest to what MTG included. And if you previously had OpenGApps installed, there should be no trouble, if you accidentally choose a package with a different amount of included apps.

I don't have any experience with Magisk yet.

• Thanks 1
On 11/18/2020 at 9:44 PM, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-17.1-20201116-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on November security patch installed smoothly using sideload, No spontaneous reboots .... yet)

And well Got he reboot again...

ADD: This seems to be related to apps, see later posts.

Hi

I have issues adding my google account. 

Wiped the phone, flashed boot with "lineage-17.1-20201110-recovery-pro1.img" , sideloaded "lineage-17.1-20201110-nightly-pro1-signed.zip", Rebootet to recovery, sideloaded "open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20201112.zip"

after bootup, followed the wizard to configure the phone. 

Logs attached, 7

logcat.txt radio.txt

Screenshot_20201115-142906_Settings.png

Screenshot_20201115-125851_System_UI.png

Screenshot_20201115-125805_System_UI.png

Edited by pebert
Adding screenshots
On 11/19/2020 at 8:18 AM, EskeRahn said:

And well Got he reboot again...

Reboots about every second hour or so, will try to re-flash, if that does not help, factory reset is next. 16.0 worked really well, but the upgrade to 17.1 was bad. But pretty sure it is the lack of a wipe that is at the root of it. As AICP-Q on what I believe is the same port is stable after a wipe.

57 minutes ago, pebert said:

Wiped the phone, flashed boot with "lineage-17.1-20201110-recovery-pro1.img" , sideloaded "lineage-17.1-20201110-nightly-pro1-signed.zip", Rebootet to recovery, sideloaded "open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20201112.zip"

after bootup, followed the wizard to configure the phone. 

Hmm, maybe wipe is not the solution for me then - could be related to the crashes I get. (note that a six day newer Lineage exists 20201116)

Add there are also newer OpenGapps available, with a little luck that makes a difference...

The "Emergency" function added on the Power button, is there a way to get rid of that? (it is optional on AICP-Q)

Or does it at the least have some sort of confirmation dialogue? I have not (yet) accidentally activated it, but would just hate to waste their time due to some not thought through phone-function...

Do not get me wrong, the idea with easy access to emergency is fine, but it is not fine if we end up wasting their time with accidental calls....

If each of us do this accidentally say every three years, that is almost 1000 random calls a day in a one-million-city....

4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Reboots about every second hour or so, will try to re-flash, if that does not help, factory reset is next. 16.0 worked really well, but the upgrade to 17.1 was bad. But pretty sure it is the lack of a wipe that is at the root of it. As AICP-Q on what I believe is the same port is stable after a wipe.

My guess is that the wlan kernel driver is causing this. I'm sure it got updated.

10 hours ago, tdm said:

My guess is that the wlan kernel driver is causing this. I'm sure it got updated.

Interesting Idea. I have just tried to disable WiFi, and will report if it helps. But the same issue is NOT affecting your AICP-Q

Hi, updated via OTA, with nano opengapps and root with Magisk. Works really better for wifi, I use the keyboard patch for qwertz models thanks to @tdm

Works fine, and Fingerprings works really better...

But I have yet a GPS problem. No mor GPS. I tried GPS Test and many others, but no more position, no GNSS. Could this be a hardware problem ?
I precise my phone fall (one mor time) last week, and I have little use from the GPS, it could be broken in LOS 16.0.

Any advices ? Thanks !

8 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Interesting Idea. I have just tried to disable WiFi, and will report if it helps. But the same issue is NOT affecting your AICP-Q

That was quick, it just rebooted again - WiFi disabled, will try Aeroplane-mode....

15 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Add there are also newer OpenGapps available, with a little luck that makes a difference...

No luck. Still there with opengapps-nano-20201119 though

• EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion