Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

11 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

contribution IDs do not directly match to the number of sold phones. There are also battery packs,  support perks etc.
I myself generated two contribution IDs without ordering a phone.

Indeed and remember that some have preordered not perked for a Pro1X, and we have no knowledge on how these two lines are interwoven, but I guess they all come after the Pro1 orders, if things goes by chronology....

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

Here is the latest update they wrote here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Jul 14, 2022 • 5:12PM
17 minutes ago
Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - July

pbtlw9rrdm3s2huntccm.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Just a quick update for you all:

• Your Pro1-X's arrived safely at the warehouse yesterday and are ready to go!

nnduyg4qdoglbnar4jhq.jpg

ktdtn5hvrg2qvacqfinm.jpg

gwrs0xngjfgkvar9twqe.jpg

• There is a slight backlog of shipments leaving HK this week, so we have been negotiating a new shipping slot for next week.
  • Batch 1 will start shipping next week, so please keep an eye out on your emails for tracking details in the next 7 days.  

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Thanks 4
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Indeed and remember that some have preordered not perked for a Pro1X, and we have no knowledge on how these two lines are interwoven, but I guess they all come after the Pro1 orders, if things goes by chronology....

I was told by them it's in the order they received the payment. Using that logic, if someone bought online before igg and they got swapped into the PRO¹-X, they receive before all in igg

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, brunoais said:

I was told by them it's in the order they received the payment. Using that logic, if someone bought online before igg and they got swapped into the PRO¹-X, they receive before all in igg

I payed at the end of May 2020. If you are right, I can hope. Hopefully we are not getting an update like "fire destroyed first batch" or "bandits robbed first batch" next week.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Acurus said:

I payed at the end of May 2020. If you are right, I can hope. Hopefully we are not getting an update like "fire destroyed first batch" or "bandits robbed first batch" next week.

Second shipment went out at night and were eaten by a grue.

• Haha 1

I've been lurking in this thread since it was first created and am one of the Pro 1 purchasers from the website ordered 01/27/2021.  It's been a long road, getting from there to here! 

I signed up so I could thank everyone who has been posting the IGG updates here and bringing some transparency to this whole process.

I originally ordered the Pro 1 because Verizon was barking that my old slider would not be supported and I would lose all service.  Well, functionality has become more degraded and quirky, but I've been able to make it work well enough.  I keep looking over my shoulder for the day it bricks though! 

Anyway, I always figured I'd be happy so long as I could get my new phone before my old phone kicks it completely and it looks like I just might make it!  I'll announce when/if my shipping email comes through so folks might extrapolate when they might expect theirs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
3 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

^ "Shipping will start soon!" - sounds awfully familiar 🤣

Especially to backers of the Jolla tablet. (That's a bit of ancient history - I'm over it now, but I bet that some people are still smarting.) Even Chen got burned indirectly, but that was not because of anything that Jolla did.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
39 minutes ago, aquaz said:

So... Thrusday, huh? Hopefully we'll get some update next week.

I honestly thought this part was the easiest and it will just slide right off 😄

It may be the easiest for FxTec as it is out of their hands, but that does not mean that it will be fast... 'everyone' is whinning over how hard it is to get stuff from China, that a few years back was as easy as pie to get...

Just heard about the bicycle(!) sellers in Denmark having two years of backlog as they can not get the parts they are used to.... Had anyone guessed this crisis would last this long, local production would have been (re)started for many things....

On the other hand some things still gets here within a few days. So have no idea on the finer details in what is going on....

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

It may be the easiest for FxTec as it is out of their hands

Hasn't everything been out of their hands once it went past the design phase?  They ask someone in China to do something and ... most of the time nothing happens.  If you book a slot for shipping and send pallets of phones which are confirmed as arriving in time you would expect tracking numbers to be assigned and notification e-mails sent even if the courier doesn't arrive to actually take them, yet this hasn't happened.

Meanwhile Fxtec tweet a pic of a Pro1-X in the wild, as if to taunt us (surely not intentional but not good)

18 minutes ago, suicidal_orange said:

They ask someone in China to do something and ... most of the time nothing happens.

And this is precisely the problem FxTec and many many others in all kind of branches are faced with... It isn't even limited to tech.

Sure we have paid to fxtec so they are the one we can blame, and they can blame someone else and so on, perhaps in a long chain - but it unfortunately will not bring the devices closer to our hands, so rather futile.
FxTec isn't a huge player with a lot of punch. If someone does not do what they have promised, what exactly do you think FxTec can do? Most often they are faced with only two options: More waiting, or looking for alternatives - and either means more delays.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, brunoais said:

However, that is something that can share with us... And they haven't been sharing.

They have in broad terms talked about this as general issues. But if FxTec publicly point at some companies in particular and blame them, it is hardly going to improve the relation, and thus not exactly speed up things. Most likely they will just get an answer like: "Feel free to take your business elsewhere"

• Like 1

I don't mean things such as pointing blame. I just mean things such as:

We got our previous delivery date canceled out of our control. We are requesting a new one

We got another date scheduled for XX/07/22. Hopefully this one will be the one

The phones are at X place. Cancelled flight(s) lead to the loss of our shipping window. We are waiting for a new shipping window. We were told we'd receive news this week about when the phones can be shipped.

We were given a new shipping window for friday (tomorrow).

Airplanes were grounded, so we lost our shipping window. Now priority packages who paid premium are being given priority. We are waiting to receive our shipping window announcement.

No need to blame any of their partners, just blame "unblamable" entities (such as the Chinese state, weather, etc...). However, keep us updated, even if making a new twitter account just for those small updates in order not to clog the marketing twitter. Or make a twitter thread giving these kinds of updates. Limit to state the facts, no need to tell who's to blame except if it's an "unblamable" entity.

Is that also unrealistic or bridge breaker?

Edited by brunoais
  • Like 2

The operation is definitely much more active than it was until recently. In response to my recent support request, I got a reply today that the USB module and display unit were available (£30 + £149 + shipping), and our dialogue went on to determine the shipping cost via FedEx, and the package is already 'in transit'!

I guess I'll wait for the Pro1X to arrive, though, before I undertake the adventure of disassembling the old Pro1...

Edited by Rob. S.
dismantling -> disassembling
  • Like 4