They have just wrote an update here:

by FX Technology
Jul 6, 2022 • 11:46AM
31 minutes ago
Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - July

gaicpgjbu1adt89myll7.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here are the latest manufacturing and shipping updates:

• All recent bugs & flagged issues have now been fixed.
  • Android OS has been thoroughly tested & confirmed to have passed our SMR requirements.
  • The factory has officially started flashing the Pro1-X with Android OS.  This will come with the May 2022 Android security patch and the new June 2022 security patch.
  • Mass shipping is due to begin next week!

Check out the latest photos & videos from the factory flashing the Pro1-X's with Android OS:

kpa94xt3zdxtq20fivxk.jpg

wafu92o5uepusyhpe4tj.jpg

The mass flashing process will take a couple of days and once this is complete we will ship the first batch of Pro1-X's to our shipping partner in Hong Kong (this Friday).  Units will then go through one final QC check, before being shipped out to our wonderful backers next week!

Just a final reminder - please make sure your name, shipping address, and contact number are correct because we will be exporting the final shipping list tomorrow. 

• Some customers/countries require a personal customs clearance code e.g. Korea - if this applies to you, please add this code after your full name on Indiegogo. For example John Smith / [CODE] .

We are doing our best to get your Pro1-X's ready to ship as soon as we can - thank you once again for your ongoing patience and support.

Team Fxtec 🙂

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Next week should be the start of production according to the newest IGG update 🙂  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, VaZso said:

Just bought the Astro Slide 5g - curious to see which one hits my front door first... (only two left at the Indiegogo price of $586. - I made it just in time...

3 hours ago, VaZso said:

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, linparda said:

ust bought the Astro Slide 5g - curious to see which one hits my front door first... (only two left at the Indiegogo price of $586. - I made it just in time...

Hahaha  There have been only 2 left for probably a year or more.  If you check, you'll see there are still "only 2 left" after your purchase.  😂

But great you are getting one. Congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Hook said:

Hahaha  There have been only 2 left for probably a year or more.  If you check, you'll see there are still "only 2 left" after your purchase.  😂

FOMO - the scummiest form of marketing.  Clearly it works though...

Edited by suicidal_orange
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, suicidal_orange said:

This is not FOMO. This is fake scarcity. It's different 😉

53 minutes ago, brunoais said:

Interesting.  To me they're much the same - instead of trying to convince buyers the product is good they try to trick them into a quick decision.  I guess specifically faking scarcity by giving it a number is slightly worse than the implied scarcity of FOMO but there's not much in it.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hook said:

But great you are getting one. Congratulations.

Actually, they must have updated things - there were 3 left before I bought it and 2 left after I bought it. I checked. Maybe it is a different run? I see they started shipping already. I think only Germany and Korea are left and scheduled for next week, I believe. I like the mechanical keys and it is just a tad bigger than the Pro 1x - just under 3/4". I also like that the screen slides completely away from the keyboard. Of course, can't really tell which one I will like better until I get them both in my hands.

Edited by linparda
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, brunoais said:

I bought it for about $300 - $400.00 less than on the website so as long as I get it - eventually - I am good.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

lol..., it wasn't the number left that got me to buy - it was the price difference on Indiegogo as compared to the website. Money is always a big factor for me.

Edited by linparda
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, linparda said:

lol..., it wasn't the number left that got me to buy - it was the price difference on Indiegogo as compared to the website. Money is always a big factor for me.

That's a much better reason.  I hope it arrives in a timely manner and you like it 👍🏾

• Like 1
4 hours ago, linparda said:

can't really tell which one I will like better until I get them both in my hands.

The principal difference keyboardwise (apart from the opening system) is that Pro1 got more but minor keys.

So I expect what is the best for a specific person depends on if they need A-Z (almost) only, or have fingers that struggle with small keys, if so the larger keys are likely to be a plus. If you on the other hand want national letters and other keys in their standard positions the Pro1 is likely to be a better choice.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

The principal difference keyboardwise (apart from the opening system) is that Pro1 got more but minor keys.

So I expect what is the best for a specific person depends on if they need A-Z (almost) only, or have fingers that struggle with small keys, if so the larger keys are likely to be a plus. If you on the other hand want national letters and other keys in their standard positions the Pro1 is likely to be a better choice.

Great point- I need to compare them. Going to do that now...Thanks

6 hours ago, linparda said:

Actually, they must have updated things - there were 3 left before I bought it and 2 left after I bought it. I checked. Maybe it is a different run? I see they started shipping already. I think only Germany and Korea are left and scheduled for next week, I believe. I like the mechanical keys and it is just a tad bigger than the Pro 1x - just under 3/4". I also like that the screen slides completely away from the keyboard. Of course, can't really tell which one I will like better until I get them both in my hands.

A tad BIGGER? I think the Pro1 is borderline too big. Wow.... I'd like a Pro1xc (c for compact, smaller like the Droid 4 lol)

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, silversolver said:

A tad BIGGER? I think the Pro1 is borderline too big. Wow.... I'd like a Pro1xc (c for compact, smaller like the Droid 4 lol)

Peronally I have long been advocating for one hand operability, and this means a limit around 65mm wide. BUT there are two drawbacks on that. One is lesser keys (or for me worse: fewer). Secondly the display would be lesser, and that again would mean less information (=a lot of scrolling) or the use of a font so small that it gets beyond what my aging eyes can handle without extra glasses.

Also remember that the newer ugly material design wastes more screen space, so many apps are today designed for the oversized phablets and not phone-size (quite similar to a lot of apps working poorly in landscape).

A more compact design would also make it (even) thicker, or need a lesser battery with shorter stamina.

So overall I think Fxtec did a pretty wise choice to give us (close to) a standard keyboard. Especially the letter keys right of the a-z block for national letters for many countries, without making the keys too small for the majority.

ADD: What I really would like was an OS (re)designed for phablets!! That is design guidelines operating with the full screen for displaying stuff, but only the one-hand reachable part as active for (primary) touch-interaction - it would be acceptable that seldomly used interaction was beyond (e.g. buttons for advanced settings)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Peronally I have long been advocating for one hand operability, and this means a limit around 65mm wide. BUT there are two drawbacks on that. One is lesser keys (or for me worse: fewer). Secondly the display would be lesser, and that again would mean less information (=a lot of scrolling) or the use of a font so small that it gets beyond what my aging eyes can handle without extra glasses.

Also remember that the newer ugly material design wastes more screen space, so many apps are today designed for the oversized phablets and not phone-size (quite similar to a lot of apps working poorly in landscape).

A more compact design would also make it (even) thicker, or need a lesser battery with shorter stamina.

So overall I think Fxtec did a pretty wise choice to give us (close to) a standard keyboard. Especially the letter keys right of the a-z block for national letters for many countries, without making the keys too small for the majority.

ADD: What I really would like was an OS (re)designed for phablets!! That is design guidelines operating with the full screen for displaying stuff, but only the one-hand reachable part as active for (primary) touch-interaction - it would be acceptable that seldomly used interaction was beyond (e.g. buttons for advanced settings)

i agree 2 hand operabillity is something that needs to be looked at 
this is why i like the layout of olders phones . more hardware buttons 
back in the day u could pick youre phone up by clicking a green button .
now a days u need to slide on the side of the screen u can reach making it a 2 handed phone call 
realy akward 

now i have a 6.5 inch screen and i do love having all that size while navigating 
i think for me the qtek 9090  then the blackberry priv where the ultimate phone layouts  ( qtek because of pickup buttons)

• Like 1
On 7/6/2022 at 2:25 PM, linparda said:

So something I've been wondering, but entirely unable to answer, is it feasible on the Astro to type with thumbs like a standard qwerty side sliding phone, or is it mostly only comfortable to use like a laptop keyboard? Looking at the size and shape of the keys, it is hard for me to imagine typing on it like you would with the Pro1-X would be comfortable or easy. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Fullmetaljacket223 said:

So something I've been wondering, but entirely unable to answer, is it feasible on the Astro to type with thumbs like a standard qwerty side sliding phone, or is it mostly only comfortable to use like a laptop keyboard? Looking at the size and shape of the keys, it is hard for me to imagine typing on it like you would with the Pro1-X would be comfortable or easy. 

The keyboard itself seems very close to identical to the Cosmo, and some have wrote about using that in here. If i recall correctly you can do thumb-typing.

ADD: Here two report it in a non-positve way as too large for it

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Fullmetaljacket223 said:

I own the Gemini PDA, a predecessor to the Astro which was also made by Planet Computers and that has a similarly-sized keyboard. I have relatively short and stubby thumbs, and I find it somewhat difficult to type on the Gemini using only my thumbs. For me, it's much easier to set the Gemini down on a flat surface and type as I would on a regualr keyboard.

I do not own a Pro1 but am slated to receive a Pro1 X. I can give a more detailed comparison of the two devices once the Pro1 X arrives.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, jsreed5 said:

I own the Gemini PDA, a predecessor to the Astro which was also made by Planet Computers and that has a similarly-sized keyboard. I have relatively short and stubby thumbs, and I find it somewhat difficult to type on the Gemini using only my thumbs. For me, it's much easier to set the Gemini down on a flat surface and type as I would on a regualr keyboard.

I do not own a Pro1 but am slated to receive a Pro1 X. I can give a more detailed comparison of the two devices once the Pro1 X arrives.

Me too - I also find that the Gemini is really only usable when resting on a flat surface.

I am also a former owner of a Sharp Zaurus SL-C760, now sadly defunct. I found that excellent for thumb typing, and I am hopeful that the Pro1-X will be as good. Here is a post on talk.maemo.org with a couple of links to YouTube videos comparing thumb typing on the Pro1 using the hardware keyboard and on-screen keyboard.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, sequestris said:

Who will get devices first - Indie customers or orders from the website?

Good question... another question is the Pro1 backlog size, so what part of new orders will receive Pro1-X from the first batch...

• Like 2
On 7/10/2022 at 12:39 AM, VaZso said:
On 7/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, sequestris said:

Who will get devices first - Indie customers or orders from the website?

Good question... another question is the Pro1 backlog size, so what part of new orders will receive Pro1-X from the first batch.

As I'm likely one of the first persons to have ordered the Pro1 and not received it yet, and also one of the first couple of hundred orderers of a Pro1X, I hope to be able to add some data points to those questions soon... 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

As I'm likely one of the first persons to have ordered the Pro1 and not received it yet, and also one of the first couple of hundred orderers of a Pro1X, I hope to be able to add some data points to those questions soon... 

On 7/10/2022 at 12:39 AM, VaZso said:

Good question... another question is the Pro1 backlog size, so what part of new orders will receive Pro1-X from the first batch...

well the picture looks promising, the batch is surely bigger than the backlog of Pro1 orders. So at least in theory, you should be fine. The question is, if they will be able to prioritize these persons.

It could even be, that all pro1x orders are this batch, which would be great.

Note: I do not know exact numbers, but judged from the known numbers, this "educated guess" should hold up.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

I have ordered my Pro1 back in April 2020, and have not received it yet. Earlier I have inquired regarding the status of the shipping via support and I got the answer that "The Order will reach a halt because Pro1 production has stopped and it will await do the upgrade to happen." and that I my order has to upgrade your into a Pro1 X for a £50 fee.

I am honestly not sure what to think of this.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

well the picture looks promising, the batch is surely bigger than the backlog of Pro1 orders. So at least in theory, you should be fine. The question is, if they will be able to prioritize these persons.

I am among the first 30 of Pro1X orders, so I may also tell more about it later.

• Like 2