Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

3 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

One wonders if setting up such an elaborate smoke screen would really be easier (or cheaper) than just producing the phone after all ...

🤪🤪🤪Indeed the bribes and computer animations for the independent reviews out there needed as part of that smoke screen would be really costy 🤪🤪🤪
🤫🤐

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Looks like this time they actually didn't manage to post the update on time. Comments on IGG are not getting more sympathetic... 😳

And why should they?  It wouldn't take 5 minutes to tell everyone what they already know - that production was not finished before Chinese New Year - so why not fulfil their obligations and post it?  If production was complete there would surely have been a happy update so they're just annoying everyone by saying nothing rather than only annoying the vocal 10% of backers who don't understand crowdfunding.

• Like 4

Here it is:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Feb 1, 2022 • 6:05PM
13 minutes ago
January/February Pro1-X Update

whgtljohx2vmu8iluuxi.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Our January update will be postponed until after the Chinese New Year (mid-February), where we will provide you with a detailed manufacturing and shipping update for your Pro1-X smartphone. 

• Over the last month, we have been gathering all the remaining components in our assembly warehouse ready for mass manufacturing and are still waiting on several components deliveries such as the Pro1-X’s back cover, which will then allow us to plan and schedule the next steps. 
  • We have made great progress with GMS (photos will be provided in a couple of weeks).
  • On the software front, our team has been working to solve some VTS problems.

Please bear with us for a full rundown of our progress and expected shipping dates!

As always, thank you for your ongoing contribution and support to the Pro1-X Indiegogo campaign. If you have any questions or queries do not hesitate to drop us an email at [email protected]!

Team Fxtec

• Thanks 3
53 minutes ago, suicidal_orange said:

And why should they?  It wouldn't take 5 minutes to tell everyone what they already know - that production was not finished before Chinese New Year - so why not fulfil their obligations and post it?

Completely agree. Another example of how bad their communication is, and has been right from the beginning...

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

It wouldn't take 5 minutes to tell everyone what they already know

Considering how people here and on IGG analyse (and maybe over-interpret?) these monthly reports, I think they spend quite some time writing those up. I can imagine they plan very carefully what to publish and how to present it in a way such as to cause least damage to the project. It is easy for us to ask for more honest reports and estimates, but unfortunately it is also a fact that many customers need the harsh reality to be "embellished" for them, or else they jump ship.

Some people understand that by supporting Fxtec, they support an interesting enthusiast project: a concept of a smartphone all big players have abandoned for a reason (profit), and they are ready to go through some lengths for that dream. But many (most?) of their customers do not care about such things, and never thought of the possibility of Fxtec actually failing on the marked and them loosing their money -- simply because that is not what they are used to when buying from big manufacturers. If you had honestly told those people they just payed 700 bucks to get a 2019 SoC in 2022, they'd have said: "f**k you, gimme my money back, I'll get an iPhone!".

One year ago, I did not believe one second Fxtec would be able to develop and deliver what amounts to a completely new Pro1 model within 7 months. And I guess they, too, knew that their proclaimed delivery in August was an overly optimistic estimate. But Just imagine they had, in January 2021, openly admitted people would probably not get their phones before mid-2022. Would the project still be alive? I honestly do not know. But this is the kind of questions they have to answer for themselves whenever they need to communicate another setback.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Yeah, the IGG crowd seemed to be getting really hot last night.  Not that they made the deadline anyway, but it probably should've been considered that IGG is on Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8).  Regardless, we'll see if there are any repercussions for "missing the deadline" for their monthly update. 

I might be too used to setting my expectations really low.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest update here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Feb 21, 2022 • 12:55PM
20 minutes ago
Pro1-X February Update

syjdfrciajxqct4nwfru.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here is the latest news from the Pro1-X campaign.

We are now fast approaching Pro1-X mass production and have been finalising and QC checking the software and hardware ahead of shipping. With Shi Yan, a subdistrict in Shenzhen expected to come out of covid lockdown next week, we are scheduled for manufacturing and shipping by the end of the month!

• Following the Chinese New Year, most of the country is now back to work however, our factory and one of our main suppliers from a town called Shi Yan 石岩 is currently still locked down due to Covid. The Chinese Government operates a zero-tolerance covid policy which means businesses can not resume until they come out of lockdown next week. Once operations resume again, it will take us around 3 days to confirm to our assembly place, before we can get underway with manufacturing!

• As mentioned in our last update, we have made solid progress with GMS certifications for the Pro1-X. 

Check out the below video to see recent footage of GMS testing in action. 

• We are also working on the latest security patch fix and have almost solved the VTS problem we were working on last month. 

• We have been engaging with numerous OS developers since the start of the year and will be sending out the final prototype for adaptation and testing over the next week.

• Lastly, a final reminder to those that have backed the Pro1-X engraving perk. The deadline for sending us your graphic assets for the engraving at the back of the phone is Friday the 25th of February! 

As always, thank you for your ongoing contribution and support to the Pro1-X Indiegogo campaign. If you have any questions or queries do not hesitate to drop us an email at [email protected]!

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 3

I wonder if this text was written in the weekend, or today. It makes quite a difference, as "next week" today brings us into March... But I guess it would be rather optimistic to hope for "the end of the month" actually being February.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

If you think about the very best scenario and they really would make some phones next week.. How many of backers would be served? Just remember batch 0, batch 1, batch 2, 3.. Don´t remember how many of them they were at PRO1, but I am 100% sure it wasnt enough 😄 😄 Never. Not only in the first batches. Never 😄 So now fall back from sky to ground. Is it known, if all of backers should have been served within this production? Or only first 10, 15.. 50? If it is written somewhere then I am sorry for the question, I am not a backer, I am just awaiting my screwed warranty repair, so I am curious..

19 minutes ago, Swond said:

Or only first 10, 15.. 50? If it is written somewhere then I am sorry for the question, I am not a backer, I am just awaiting my screwed warranty repair, so I am curious..

They have not mentioned it at all... they used to try ramping up production of Pro1 and they thought it is possibly to speed up production to a much higher level, but I do not know what happened and if they moved to another factory for Pro1-X production or if anything related happened.

Also, I don't know what kind of repair you need, but at worst case, they may also need Pro1-X to provide replacements for customers or simply to obtain spare parts together with Pro1-X production...

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, VaZso said:

They have not mentioned it at all... they used to try ramping up production of Pro1 and they thought it is possibly to speed up production to a much higher level, but I do not know what happened and if they moved to another factory for Pro1-X production or if anything related happened.

Also, I don't know what kind of repair you need, but at worst case, they may also need Pro1-X to provide replacements for customers or simply to obtain spare parts together with Pro1-X production...

My phone was lost by them.

November 2020 backer of the Pro1-X and first-time poster here.

F(x)Tec's February update on IGG says they are due to start manufacturing when Shiyan, in the Bao'an district of Shenzhen, "come[s] out of covid lockdown next week." I found this post on Baidu (in Chinese) stating that many restrictions in Shiyan were being lifted on 20 February, now two days ago.

I think the speculation that the February update was written in relation to last week is correct. It's also possible that F(x)Tec really was expecting restrictions to be lifted next week, and it turned out they were lifted early. If either of these scenarios is true, then F(x)Tec might indeed start manufacturing phones this week.

Having said that, I don't know exactly where the facility is in Shiyan, and it's possible that particular facility is still facing a lockdown.

Edits: clarification

Edited by jsreed5
  • Thanks 7

What's the latest on production of the pro 1x ?

It's now 1st March and those 2 cities are no longer locked down, where the phones are being assembled.

We were told that by the end of February that manufacturing would be complete, but somehow that doesn't appear to be true.

Edited by xenon

I got this as part of a response last week from Fxtec support in relation to my broken screen issue:

We have confirmation of allocation slot on the manufacturer this month so we expect Pro1 X order to ship next month along with accessories and goodies.

That was a week ago so anything could have happened since, but even if things are still on track and manufacturing was complete, I expect it'd still take time to package the manufactured phones and have them ready for shipping.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, toast said:

Dont hold your breath for shipping this month, I would say..

Sounds sad, but could be that they are merely saying that all that are in the pipeline for batches with shipping before that are allocated.

But that could also be just my over-optimistic guess.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

But that could also be just my over-optimistic guess.

Right.

At first, I would say if they offer shipping of new orders in April (I mean end of April) then that would mean they have finished sending out all of their preorders till that time.

...but yes, they are tend to be over-optimistic...

I couldn't afford to wait any longer to replace my aging BlackBerry Mobile Key2 (the battery is swelling up and separating the backplate from the rest of the phone) so I had to order something that would ship right away.  I went on Unihertz's Amazon Store and ordered the Unihertz Titan and it was delivered 2 days later!  For those of us that can't handle the tiny 3.1-inch screen of a Unihertz Titan Pocket these days, the 4.6" screen of the Titan is better.  Closest thing to a BlackBerry that's actually SHIPPING these days.  My new phone is already in my hands, and I've even been able to install the BlackBerry Launcher and some of the BB Android Apps! 😂😂

At $350, it was a no-brainer for me.  I might still order a Pro1 X eventually, that's assuming they're actually able to get them produced and shipping, naturally. Not gonna lie, though.... after the experiences I had with the BlackBerry PRIV, the curved glass AMOLED screen is a MAJOR CON of this device for me, and a lot of my hesitation to pull the trigger on a Pro1 or Pro1 X came from that.  Having dropped a PRIV on concrete and had that "Gorilla Glass" curved screen shatter, I no longer trust their durability claims one bit.  The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. 😝

Edited by Jack T. Chance
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Jack T. Chance said:

Having dropped a PRIV on concrete and had that "Gorilla Glass" curved screen shatter, I no longer trust their durability claims one bit. 

The Priv, as well as the Pro1, and some Samsungs, is only curved in one direction.
So it is fairly easy to make a real tempered glass screen protector for them. And I used them on the Priv.

Despite searching quite a bit, I unfortunately have not found similar for the Pro1 or Elephone U (pro) using the same screen.
I tried with a glass cutter to cut some intended for a Samsung S8+ with practically same width but longer - but was unable to, they all broke.

...You can still get them for a Priv. e.g. here