Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Noob said:

Yeah, x2.   Still have my Moto Z Play in anticipation of the mod. :classic_laugh:

I am only once. 🙂

That may explain the receipt of free headphones - I mean the very early place in the row, at least earlier than mine. 🙂

2 hours ago, VaZso said:

I am only once. 🙂

That may explain the receipt of free headphones - I mean the very early place in the row, at least earlier than mine. 🙂

As a very early backer I was offered them too. But though sleek looking I knew that I would never use them so politely declined. (I use ATH-ANC33iS)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, VaZso said:

Wow, I thought nobody have received it.

Actually, I received the headphones also.  🙂 and no, I wasn't a moto mod backer (would have been if I had known before it was cancelled.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Hook said:

Actually, I also received the headphones also.  🙂 and no, I wasn't a moto mod backer (would have been if I had known before it was cancelled.

Interesting - I don't what is the connection then. 🙂

16 minutes ago, Benni said:

Interesting. I'm also a moto mod backer (Germany) - and wasn't offered headphones (still love my Pro1 though). I assumed they were limited to England.

...or simply limited to the first few tenths or few hundreds of Pro1 preorders...

• Like 1
7 hours ago, xman1 said:

Does it matter?  A long time now.

That's why it matters. I've ordered my Pro1 in November 2019 and since QWERTZ has been out of stock, I've been "upgraded" to Pro1x. From my perspective, waiting a month or two more makes no difference anymore, but for "normal" Pro1x backers, who are waiting for maybe six months, it's exhausting. I'm used to it now 🙂

I just noticed fxtec website shows pro1x at 899. Indiegogo has it for 849, and the prices used to be less than that. I still remember when this phone was being advertised on the main website for 649. I know inflation, supply chain, etc. But I'm surprised the price went up so much. Especially when you consider the raw components are at least a few years old now...

• Sad 1
18 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

I just noticed fxtec website shows pro1x at 899. Indiegogo has it for 849, and the prices used to be less than that. I still remember when this phone was being advertised on the main website for 649. I know inflation, supply chain, etc. But I'm surprised the price went up so much. Especially when you consider the raw components are at least a few years old now...

The price in IGG is for a bundle that includes not only the Pro1X, but also a spare battery and a spare screen assembly (not just the screen, but the frame  it is mounted in).  You have to click to expand the perk box to see the list of what's included.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Hook said:

The price in IGG is for a bundle that includes not only the Pro1X, but also a spare battery and a spare screen assembly (not just the screen, but the frame  it is mounted in).  You have to click to expand the perk box to see the list of what's included.

Additionally, @npatel1050, what's on IGG is not a sale. It's an investment. They don't have to fulfill what you give money for (except if it's outright fraud, ofc). It's investment. You get if it's a success, you get nothing if it's a failure. No regulations on warranty either.

As for their website, it's a preorder. You get the thing ou paid or you get the money back. There's mandatory warranty through these means.

That's just a starting point on how different it is from each of the methods.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Coybot said:

Any idea if this will work with Google Fi?

I guess you are in the US.

US carriers seem to be problematic in general as they do not "know" the Pro1. Similar problems might arise with the Pro1X.

I cannot help personally, but there is another thread dedicated to US network acceptance.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Val said:

Moto Z2 Force. Brand new in a drawer

I was SO close to buying one in the Z series several times, having ordered a few of the keyboards, but was so pessimistic that I persuaded myself to wait until I actually had at the least one keyboard mod in my hands - that proved to be a wise decision....

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I was SO close to buying one in the Z series several times, having ordered a few of the keyboards, but was so pessimistic that I persuaded myself to wait until I actually had at the least one keyboard mod in my hands - that proved to be a wise decision....

I thought similarly, so I was thinking of buying a Moto Z phone but still wanted to wait for Keyboard Mod...
...but when my N900 has started having flash problems (again as it was not my first N900), I had to buy a replacement phone... although I could manage to use my old N900 with the help of an SD card (it had a 256 MB main flash and 32 GB eMMC, the latter was the source of the problem), so the hardware was already slow enough (especially the limit of 256 MB RAM) which caused me to buy a replacement one...

Still I did not want to buy a Z force, instead, I have bought a temporary phone using my company support from the limited selection of service provider models, but that was the reason I have bought Moto G6 as a preparation for a future Motorola - I have used that phone for a bit more than a year.

If Keyboard Mod was became a real product, then I would have been bought a Motorola Z force2 by that time... but as the project was shot down, my purchase was also skipped...

• Like 1
On 4/23/2022 at 3:33 AM, EskeRahn said:

</fantasy on> I wonder how hard it would be to resurrect the keyboard mod as a back case add-on (pogo  pin interfce) for the Pinephone.  Would probably have to work with one or more distros like Mobian and/or ManjaroArm. </fantasy off>

Pine would probably resist a third party accessory that is better than theirs. 😉  

• Haha 1

Don´t know how you feel the situation, but my opinion is clear: Since there is again complete silence from the team. I have no response to my e mail 2 weeks ago, there is no update at indiegogo.... I guess there is a new obstacle in production.. Or anyone knows more? Please tell me that I am wrong.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Swond said:

Don´t know how you feel the situation, but my opinion is clear: Since there is again complete silence from the team. I have no response to my e mail 2 weeks ago, there is no update at indiegogo.... I guess there is a new obstacle in production.. Or anyone knows more? Please tell me that I am wrong.

It's always hard to know, but right now they are still within the timeline of their last update.  Even if they began SMT the same day they posted (probably not), that would take them out to the 24th and thus manufacturing might be beginning this week. So possible for shipping to start in mid-May as projected.

• Like 4
ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

May 3, 2022 • 8:32AM PDT

Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - May

Dear Pro1-X Backers,

This manufacturing update is short and sweet.

The SMT process is now well underway. Here are some behind the scenes photos taken from the SMT factory:

kybtpzz4zljuv6h6obdt.jpg

s7g5pxkfuf0soqppaegg.jpg

lrxg9g7nybtuaabnl3ih.jpg

tcgp0adgtd4kfm0m2heo.jpg

zlensamew3p0ulkfkulu.jpg

a3ttldzwyh37elxr2gkv.jpg

More updates to follow over the next week!

Team Fxtec 🙂

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 5