Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

Here's another possibility that I don't think I've seen suggested while we wait.  What if the issue is not FxTec or Expansys?  It could be a government change in customs costs.  A similar potential issue was raised by someone in that increased shipping costs may be the holdup.  But if FxTec contracted Expansys to both ship and handle the customs issues the holdup could be who's going to pay the increase?  Or perhaps whoever was supposed to handle all that paperwork didn't realize they were supposed to so as a result, they had to rush through it and get it sent in September instead of June.  Or maybe the December date is due to an expected shipping cost decrease because all the Christmas product will have already been shipped by then.  Based upon stuff I've bought, shipping one or two items internationally goes pretty quick meaning no real customs paperwork.  Larger value shipments (300 phones to UK, 750 to US, 150 to Germany) have to get more scrutiny because there is more value in the customs fees.  Maybe Expansys got caught shipping them onesie, twosie and now the customs folks are standing at the door waiting for a handout.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, mysticturner said:

Here's another possibility that I don't think I've seen suggested while we wait.  What if the issue is not FxTec or Expansys?  It could be a government change in customs costs.  A similar potential issue was raised by someone in that increased shipping costs may be the holdup.  But if FxTec contracted Expansys to both ship and handle the customs issues the holdup could be who's going to pay the increase?  Or perhaps whoever was supposed to handle all that paperwork didn't realize they were supposed to so as a result, they had to rush through it and get it sent in September instead of June.  Or maybe the December date is due to an expected shipping cost decrease because all the Christmas product will have already been shipped by then.  Based upon stuff I've bought, shipping one or two items internationally goes pretty quick meaning no real customs paperwork.  Larger value shipments (300 phones to UK, 750 to US, 150 to Germany) have to get more scrutiny because there is more value in the customs fees.  Maybe Expansys got caught shipping them onesie, twosie and now the customs folks are standing at the door waiting for a handout.

They don't ship the phones as pallets. There are no distribution centers located in those other countries.  Each phone is individually labeled and shipped from Hong Kong (as it was with the Pro 1.  They actually tried shipping all Pro1s for the US to A FedEx hub to be distributed by FedEx very early on in 2019 and, yeah, hit a wall with customs(I wonder if they ever got those original Pro1s back from US Customs).  That's when

they switched to labeling and shipping individual phones working with Expansys HK.

• Thanks 1
On 10/30/2022 at 6:28 PM, Rob. S. said:

So which facts do you have that would substantiate doubts that Fxtec does everything they can to deliver those phones in the end, as extreme as the delays already have become for some of us? 

Did you read my detailed comment? That's what my thoughts on it are. In summary, I believe that F(x)tec's unclear communication, repeatedly withheld information and still uncorrect specs regarding the Pro1 X on IGG let me doubt on their sincerity and loyalty to their backers. For me, F(x)tec are unpredictable in their actions. Because you're asking for facts about my point of view, I'll ask you back. Where are your facts for the opposite?

I'm not saying they ship them as a pallet.  I'm saying that Expansys might have started shipping the first batch and managed to get some out of HK before customs said, "hey, didn't they ship a bunch last week? Let's check".  Throw in the usual government delays on getting organized, 4 or 5 weeks later with each week more getting shipped out.

9 hours ago, Psycho Doc said:

Because you're asking for facts about my point of view, I'll ask you back. Where are your facts for the opposite?

Remember that when a theory can not be disproved, it does NOT make it correct.
Religions and conspiracy theories usually relies on this kind of false 'logic'.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Psycho Doc said:

Did you read my detailed comment? That's what my thoughts on it are. In summary, I believe that F(x)tec's unclear communication, repeatedly withheld information and still uncorrect specs regarding the Pro1 X on IGG let me doubt on their sincerity and loyalty to their backers. For me, F(x)tec are unpredictable in their actions. Because you're asking for facts about my point of view, I'll ask you back. Where are your facts for the opposite?

That's hardly enough fact, it's just opinion, which is already perfectly clear from the wording ("thoughts", "believe", "doubt", "for me"). Something everyone is entitled to, but we shouldn't mistake one for the other. My facts are the phones which have been delivered and the support that is still happening, plus the good old rule 'innocent until proven guilty'. There's nothing in what we know that would be enough to prove them guilty of any serious crime. 

As always, never attribute to malice what can just as well be explained without it, especially for a tiny little British company between COVID, Brexit, Chinese supply chain breakdowns and now a full-on war that's disrupting European energy systems.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
On 11/4/2022 at 6:38 AM, Rob. S. said:

That's hardly enough fact, it's just opinion, which is already perfectly clear from the wording ("thoughts", "believe", "doubt", "for me"). Something everyone is entitled to, but we shouldn't mistake one for the other. My facts are the phones which have been delivered and the support that is still happening, plus the good old rule 'innocent until proven guilty'. There's nothing in what we know that would be enough to prove them guilty of any serious crime. 

As always, never attribute to malice what can just as well be explained without it, especially for a tiny little British company between COVID, Brexit, Chinese supply chain breakdowns and now a full-on war that's disrupting European energy systems.

Your argument is illogical. The reasons for my concerns are just opinion but your indications that F(x)tec will still deliver all other devices are facts? Hmm, interesting. They are facts, but they prove nothing. My indication of the opposite, namely that F(x)tec are not credible, e.g. because they don't correct specs that are not applicable since a long time now (fact) and presenting new backers wrong specs (fact) has the same value as an indication as your examples. You measure with double standards. Perhaps you can try to accept that someone has a different view of things than you do.

• Confused 1
On 11/4/2022 at 5:46 AM, EskeRahn said:

Remember that when a theory can not be disproved, it does NOT make it correct.
Religions and conspiracy theories usually relies on this kind of false 'logic'.

You put my arguments, which are on the same level of the contra-arguments from Rob. S. in terms of credibility and circumstantial possibilities, in the field of religion and conspiracy theories. Doesn't it go a little further past objectivity? "When a theory cannot be disproved, it does NOT make it correct". Yes, but it doesn't make it wrong either. Also, your saying applies equally to Rob's opposite opinion. I prefer to keep it to myself, who usually hastily judges unpopular opinions as religion and conspiracy theories.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They have published another update here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
Nov 16, 2022 • 1:49AM
1 hour ago
Pro1-X Update - Novemeber

zs36dhixrfsr0f7jcnbf.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers, 

Here are the latest shipping updates!

On behalf of the whole team here at Fxtec, we are extremely sorry for the ongoing delays. We have been trying our very best to resolve the contractual issues so that we can finally ship orders out to all of our wonderful backers. 

We can now confirm that ALL remaining Pro1-X orders will be shipped in December from our Hong Kong warehouse. We expect to have fulfilled orders before Christmas, and tracking details will be sent around once orders have been dispatched.

IGG Perks and accessories:

Once mass shipping has finished next month, we will begin to ship all accessories; screen protectors, and spare parts from your perks. We’ll post a separate update for this when the time comes.

OS Developments:

Despite the ongoing shipping delays, our software development team has been hands-on with debugging and fixing issues that are currently present in our stock Android OS. The main task at hand is resolving the battery protection issue mentioned in our previous update. We have been working with a team from Qualcomm to test and work out a solution to this problem. Please bear with us.

On another note, a special thanks to our active community on forums, Telegram, and Discord who have been extremely helpful with identifying and reporting issues that affect the general UX. We have recorded these bugs and will prioritise them accordingly. We greatly appreciate your feedback and support throughout! 

A new build version will be released as soon as possible so normal progress can be resumed with LineageOS and Ubuntu Touch OS developers.

Feel free to reach us at info at fxtec.com for any additional questions related to your order, shipping, delivery, or technical support.

Thank you for your support and patience! 

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

This update looks correct in my opinion.
Community is sharing high knowledge, some powerful users/developpers are working in alternative OS, fxtec work hard on debugging issues with components manufacturer...what else ?
Delays aren't really a problem according to backing such of niche hardware. Most important is the follow-up here.   (one more time : in my opinion 😄)

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, when I joined the Indigog Campaing, I was glad, that I can support the creators of a new keyboard-based smartphone.
When they said, it will be delayed for some technical issues, also everything is fine for me.
Then f(x) tec said, the smartphone is ready, but LinageOS can not be preinstalled, we'll ship the phone with Android, I also agreed that.
I've waited a while and the last news (#43) came in august 22, where I recieved the info, shipping is a bit delayed...

Now it's almost decembre. There are no news since then and no smartphone.
What is the Problem? Please send me my smartphone, or tell me you can't and you will spend me my money back, so taht I can look for something new.
I often recieve packages from China and other foreign countrys. But I didn't recieve a package from f(x) tec :(

I want an aswer that can help me... I often mailed to the support... but they only roasting me :(
Regards,
LGB aka Björn

• Sad 1

Hi Björn,

there have been a few updates since August, see here. There seems to be a know issue where backers don't get the updates via e-mail anymore but I don't know if it has been acknowledged by indiegogo or fxtec. Seems weird that the support hasn't directed you to the indiegogo updates page, what do you mean with "roasting"? On the internet this word usually means they're literally insulting you based on information they have about you.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, LeGrandeBleu said:

Hello, when I joined the Indigog Campaing, I was glad, that I can support the creators of a new keyboard-based smartphone.
When they said, it will be delayed for some technical issues, also everything is fine for me.
Then f(x) tec said, the smartphone is ready, but LinageOS can not be preinstalled, we'll ship the phone with Android, I also agreed that.
I've waited a while and the last news (#43) came in august 22, where I recieved the info, shipping is a bit delayed...

Now it's almost decembre. There are no news since then and no smartphone.
What is the Problem? Please send me my smartphone, or tell me you can't and you will spend me my money back, so taht I can look for something new.
I often recieve packages from China and other foreign countrys. But I didn't recieve a package from f(x) tec :(

I want an aswer that can help me... I often mailed to the support... but they only roasting me :(
Regards,
LGB aka Björn

You seem to have missed the latest updates. We are now up to update #48.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pro1-x-smartphone-functionality-choice-control/x/17980121#/updates/all

IGG seems to have messed up so some of us are not receiving notifications of the updates anymore (myself included).  The quick version is they ran into a contractual problem which delayed shipping until December. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, eldarion said:

Hi Björn,

there have been a few updates since August, see here. There seems to be a know issue where backers don't get the updates via e-mail anymore but I don't know if it has been acknowledged by indiegogo or fxtec. Seems weird that the support hasn't directed you to the indiegogo updates page, what do you mean with "roasting"? On the internet this word usually means they're literally insulting you based on information they have about you.

Hello @eldarion, thank you. Yepp, they haven't directed me to that page. Thank you.
I haven't recieved any eMail-Updates since no. #43 (2022/08/11). Roasting means (German: Vertröstet) - They put me off. 😞
Without any information i think, i was left alone by f(x)tec...

Thanks @EskeRahn

I can't understand, how this happens. I recieve other packages from Hong Kong and so on, why these smartphones couldn't be deliverey for such a long time?

22 minutes ago, LeGrandeBleu said:

I can't understand, how this happens. I recieve other packages from Hong Kong and so on, why these smartphones couldn't be deliverey for such a long time?

Well we are all a bit in the dark here.... All we know is what they told us in the latest updates, that there are some "contractual issues" What that means in layman's terms, are currently anyone's guess. We know that others also had their problems in shipping their things, but we lack any details on the "why".

Hi guys, 
First Jolla user here. I just found info about this wonderful phone, found pre order with December delivery and wanted to buy it
However after I found this thread as well and I see that here we have strange delivery issues

Does it mean that if I pre order the pro1x now I won't get it during December. Instead no one acutally knows when I will get it. Please confirm if I understood correctly

Edited by Heruvim
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, Heruvim said:

Does it mean that if I pre order the pro1x now I won't get it during December. Instead no one acutally knows when I will get it. Please confirm if I understood correctly

There are no guarantees on the dates. They have stated that they expect to have it shipped in December.

We can now confirm that ALL remaining Pro1-X orders will be shipped in December from our Hong Kong warehouse.

Though we do not know if more than the already ordered were produced, so new orders put up today might not be sent in December - but this is not knowledge just a guess,

• Like 2
7 hours ago, MonCon said:

@Heruvim

I got mine from here:  https://www.expansys.com/
You might want to consider import taxes and warranty, there is some discussion here, search the forum on 'Expansys' for more info.  
Shipped to NZ in about a fortnight.  No complaints at all from me, seems very solidly built and runs very well, new daily driver from day one. 

No signal drop / Data drop on LTE?
I am on 2.1.2 and having drop in data connection

• Like 1

@PoongZY

No probs here on data connection.  I'm on 2.1.5.  Out and about it works well, standalone or as a hotspot.  Not sure about LTE, a quick peek at the status bar shows me as on 3G.  I've got my 'Preferred network type' set at 'GSM/WCDMA auto'. 

Edited by MonCon
17 hours ago, MonCon said:

Not sure about LTE, a quick peek at the status bar shows me as on 3G.  I've got my 'Preferred network type' set at 'GSM/WCDMA auto'. 

As I understand it, that preferred network type setting would lock out LTE. So you're not ever using LTE with that setting.  

I am still on the original build 2.1.2, and the LTE connection is appallingly bad, but it seems fine on GSM. The big problem is that in the USA, GSM is almost entirely deactivated and LTE is all there is, now.

IIRC there are some mixed reviews here about whether the beta 2.1.5 build improves anything for LTE on the Pro 1x, so I haven't bothered to update yet.  Hopefully Fx Tec is still working on an OTA update that fixes the LTE problem for everyone.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Name_not_avail said:

IIRC there are some mixed reviews here about whether the beta 2.1.5 build improves anything for LTE on the Pro 1x, so I haven't bothered to update yet.  Hopefully Fx Tec is still working on an OTA update that fixes the LTE problem for everyone.

I haven't read anyone saying it gets worse (if that's even possible?) so it's probably worth trying? 

From the last update on IGG the battery issue is the big one so sounds like they're done fixing reception, though it's not explicitly mentioned.  Why I have no idea but that could be said about something in most of the updates so we'll have to wait and see!