Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

I tested the Pro1 with various screen mirroring and casting situations today.  With a Vizio TV that is Chromecast enabled (Chromecast built in, not a separate dongle), the phone would often spontaneously reboot.  I believe it was mostly when screen mirroring (using the system level cast function) and then switching to app level google casting, or the reverse, starting with google casting and switching to screen level mirroring.  However, I need to do more testing to nail down the specifics.  I will report back with my findings.  

This was not a rare occurrence. It happened several times during a very brief round of testing.

• Sad 2

When disabling the "landscape orientation lock" option in the Slider settings, the phone does not report the hardKeyboardHidden state correctly anymore (stays true).

I want to use Tasker to handle the orientation changes as it does work more reliably with apps that otherwise stay portrait. That works fine and until I disable Fx's orientation changer. The keyboard out state is not detected anymore then.

Now, having both Tasker and the OS do the orientation change is no problem and it works. Except that one game app I have crashes when Fx's method switches to something different than when that app was started. I mention Tasker a lot here, but it's not related to the crashing. Having Tasker do the orientation change on some other trigger does not crash the app for example, so it can be done right.

I could ask the game's developer to fix the crash, but that's an unrealistic scenario, really. I don't know what exactly Fx's implementation does to begin with ("hey your app crashes when doing the thing with the phone you can't even get to test if you wanted"), Pro1 user are so few we don't really matter and this might not be the only app affected.

Alternatively also improve the orientation switching itself.
Bottom line is that the keyboard out state isn't reported anymore when that option is off and I'd like it to still work.

20200219_103421.png.3a79211b438fc9d626a96762ff5f9446.pngMy display has started bleeding between nr 7 and -_ .
This started about a week ago. Looks like the adhesive is letting go on the edges.

I am as of yet unable to show you this because for some unknown reason the pictures I upload won't show correctly. Tried converting to other formats and resizing to no avail...

Edited by DieBruine
Sure, now it works...
  • Sad 2

My wifi keeps turning back on.... I never use wifi always mobile data (unlimited plan and in 4G areas most of the time).   At first I thought I may have accidentally turned it on but this has happened to many times now.  

Now reason it bothers me its using battery unnecessarily used an app to check and it's at 50% of my whole use  overnight!

Any ideas?

5 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

My wifi keeps turning back on.... I never use wifi always mobile data (unlimited plan and in 4G areas most of the time).   At first I thought I may have accidentally turned it on but this has happened to many times now.  

Now reason it bothers me its using battery unnecessarily used an app to check and it's at 50% of my whole use  overnight!

Any ideas?

Go into your system settings wifi screen where it shows all the access point names.  Scroll below those and there is a submenu for wifi preferences.  In there is an option to automatically turn wifi back on under certain conditions.

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, david said:

Go into your system settings wifi screen where it shows all the access point names.  Scroll below those and there is a submenu for wifi preferences.  In there is an option to automatically turn wifi back on under certain conditions.

Wasn't aware of those settings.  They were indeed on and I do have 1 access point saved (local network at home for big transfers better speed) so thats probably my problem, nice and simple! 🙂

Edited by _DW_
  • Thanks 2
Just now, _DW_ said:

Wasn't away of those settings.  They were indeed on and I do have 1 access point saved (local network at home for big transfers better speed) so thats probably my problem, nice and simple! 🙂

I think they try to get you to enable it by default during setup.

There is also another area where individual apps can have permissions to control the wifi.  If you find it is still happening, you can look to see which apps have that permission.  This article explains how to get there:

https://www.megebyte.com/how-to-disable-app-to-control-wifi-in-android-p-9/

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, david said:

I think they try to get you to enable it by default during setup.

There is also another area where individual apps can have permissions to control the wifi.  If you find it is still happening, you can look to see which apps have that permission.  This article explains how to get there:

https://www.megebyte.com/how-to-disable-app-to-control-wifi-in-android-p-9/

Ok I will bear that in mind.

• Like 1

By the way, I haven't experienced any new reboots after the second day. Thought I'd share that.

I think around the third day I used the dual sim capability on another network, that sim is for emergencies, no internet. 
Also, I travel daily by train for at least 51 minutes / 60 km's single trip. And I have travelled by car for a few hundred km's. One of my first reboots was on the second day in the car. Again, hasn't happened since. Dual sim, use it non-stop during commute.

You would think with all this not-being-able-to-travel-and/or-manufacturing-Pro1's an update incorporating several bug fixes would have happened by now 😏😈.

Edited by DieBruine

I have been using my Pro1 with a bluetooth headset for quite a while and had to use a wired headset today. I too experience the horrible audio crackling bug. Also when using the phones internal speaker it pops/crackles all the time when using certain apps. Things like Spotify/Youtube work fine. But when I am using an app like "Rhythm Trainer" for example every beat gives a solid crackle/pop.

The problem has been persisting for a while on the forums. I hope an OTA is soon otw for this :(.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Craig said:

you don't get the crackle with bluetooth?  It's been a while since I tested it, but I thought I got the crackle on bluetooth speakers too...

On my Bluetooth headset (Bose QC35II) its completely fine in every app. Only experience it the moment I plug my headset into the 3.5mm jack or use the phone speakers. It likely has something to do with bluetooth using a different audio codec/protocol.

On 2/16/2020 at 8:17 PM, _DW_ said:

Does 2.4 / 5Ghz make a difference?

Sorry to hark back so far, but I had this last night.

My pro1 always crashes when I go home. I had both the 2.4G andf 5G wifi hotspots saved, and I guess it saw the 2.4 one first. I removed the 5G one from my saved networks, the phone crashed and then was stuck in an infinate reboot loop until I managed to turn off wifi just after it booted.

Removing the 2.4G one and re-adding the 5G one - it hasn't crashed since I've done that.

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Toby Lerone said:

Sorry to hark back so far, but I had this last night.

My pro1 always crashes when I go home. I had both the 2.4G andf 5G wifi hotspots saved, and I guess it saw the 2.4 one first. I removed the 5G one from my saved networks, the phone crashed and then was stuck in an infinate reboot loop until I managed to turn off wifi just after it booted.

Removing the 2.4G one and re-adding the 5G one - it hasn't crashed since I've done that.

Have you installed all the OTA updates? (Assuming your on Stock Android)

• Like 1

I am also getting stuck in boot loops now, also WiFi related, but nothing to do with 2.4ghz vs 5ghz. I have two different 5ghz SSIDs and if I connect to one of them, bootloop. The other one seems fine. The only difference is the channel they are on. The one that works is on a regular channel, 48, but the one that crashes is on a DFS one, 100.

Dunno if that's related.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, br0die said:

I am also getting stuck in boot loops now, also WiFi related, but nothing to do with 2.4ghz vs 5ghz. I have two different 5ghz SSIDs and if I connect to one of them, bootloop. The other one seems fine. The only difference is the channel they are on. The one that works is on a regular channel, 48, but the one that crashes is on a DFS one, 100.

Dunno if that's related.

I would think that using a DFS channel is the likely cause.  Note that the 1+5/5t has the same WiFi chip but somewhat different configuration for the DFS features.  So you can play around with the WiFi configuration file to see if that helps.  The configuration file is at /vendor/etc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini.  You can find the 1+5/5t configuration file used in Lineage here.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, tdm said:

I would think that using a DFS channel is the likely cause.  Note that the 1+5/5t has the same WiFi chip but somewhat different configuration for the DFS features.  So you can play around with the WiFi configuration file to see if that helps.  The configuration file is at /vendor/etc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini.  You can find the 1+5/5t configuration file used in Lineage here.

How can I mount /vendor partition r/w?

10 minutes ago, Laska said:

How can I mount /vendor partition r/w?

If you are on stock ... well ... that is a bit tricky.  Do you have a root solution?  If so, you simply run "mount -o remount,rw /vendor".  If not, perhaps find the copy of TWRP that someone built and use it?

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, brunoais said:

@br0dieHow are you stopping the bootloops?

When your desktop loads, as quick as you can, disable WiFi before it has a chance to connect. This stops the boot loop. Find the DFS network in your list of saved networks and force android to forget it.

Alternatively I guess you could physically move away from the network that causes the problems.

Edited by br0die
  • Erik unpinned this topic