Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

18 hours ago, Craig said:

If you have landscape lock and auto-rotation on, it's not supposed to rotate with keyboard open (although some apps ignore this).   And I only saw it rotate with keyboard closed, and he wasn't moving it around much to verify if auto-rotation was working or not...

I'm having something similar to this. I have system auto rotate on, but occasionally it doesn't work. Seems like the "rotation sensor" (just forgot what it is called) gets stuck sometimes, so the OS doesn't adapt, no matter how you rotate the device. Mostly the bringing out of the keyboard rotates the OS to landscape, but returns to portrait when you close the keyboard (which it shouldn't do if you have auto-rotate enabled and still keep the device in landscape).

1 hour ago, Gon009 said:

Sorry for double-post but I want to post two more bugs:

• Backlight of the keyboard doesn't turn on then the phone is waken up with already opened keyboard(open the keyboard, turn off the display, wake up the phone, keyboard is not lighted up)
  • Brightness settings causes major color distortions, making images look bad which amplified by the fact that pixels turn off in AMOLED displays, I've never had anything like that in my old AMOLED phone: here are more about it: Also, the brightness changed a lot between 50% and 100% and colors there are OK, however between 0% and 50% brightness barely changes and it introduces color distortions.

Yeah, if you reboot the phone having keyboard already open, it starts without keyboard backlighting. Closing and reopening the keyboard fixes this though.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

There's another bug that started happening yesterday:

When I use earbuds I hear "clicking" or "popping" sound every half second in right earbud. It's subtle but extremely annoying and noticeable. It's happening with every media file in every app and with every earbud, I started using my old phone for music because of that.

Also, despite the fact that SafetyNet certification was "fixed" and current units should have bootloader locked Google Pay still doesn't work.

It saddens me that there are so many bugs, there were supposed to be beta tests for fixing all these issues, right? It seems like there weren't any...

When it could be fixed, please? Please any OFFICIAL update on these bugs?

Edited by Gon009
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gon009 said:

When I use earbuds I hear "clicking" or "popping" sound every half second in right earbud. It's subtle but extremely annoying and noticeable. It's happening with every media file in every app and with every earbud, I started using my old phone for music because of that.

Wired or bluetooth? And if wired, 3,5mm or USB? I have tried only conventional earphones with 3,5mm plug, but at least there were no clicking/popping noise. Sound quality was fine and no complaints at all. Although, while the phone is quite heavy, having it lying in a loose pocket with 3,5mm plug connected while running, I got afraid that I will soon break the socket. So first time in my life I felt like it would be nice to have a pair of wireless earplugs to use while running. 

2 minutes ago, auvo.salmi said:

Wired or bluetooth? And if wired, 3,5mm or USB? I have tried only conventional earphones with 3,5mm plug, but at least there were no clicking/popping noise. Sound quality was fine and no complaints at all. Although, while the phone is quite heavy, having it lying in a loose pocket with 3,5mm plug connected while running, I got afraid that I will soon break the socket. So first time in my life I felt like it would be nice to have a pair of wireless earplugs to use while running. 

Wired, 3,5mm plug. First two days I also had no problems but now there's constant clicking sound. My phone was always lying on a flat surface so no stress for the connector. It also may be an update that broken it.

Edited by Gon009
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Gon009 said:

Wired, 3,5mm plug. First two days I also had no problems but now there's constant clicking sound. My phone was always lying on a flat surface so no stress for the connector. It also may be an update that broken it.

This sound is probing for mic and button. It should stop after 1sec. 
I had one headset I could't get to work with any of my phones and simply switched to headphones only.

Edited by kontakt
39 minutes ago, kontakt said:

This sound is probing for mic and button. It should stop after 1sec. 
I had one headset I could't get to work with any of my phones and simply switched to headphones only.

Thanks, it's a good news because it means that it's software issue. This problem only happens with Pro1 for me and with all earbuds I have. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Edited by Gon009

@Gon009 On the auto-rotate thing. It is a software bug. It seems to have been introduces fixing another issue with last update.

I can reproduce it by placing the device upright in portrait on the lower edge on a table, and tilt it slowly to flat, wait a few seconds and pick it up again.

To get out of this state, As a workaround I simply start a program that IGNORES the autorotate on/off setting(!) and do autorotate based on the sensor, and turn the device a full 360 degrees. I use "AndroSensor".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned before, but I didn't see it in this thread (admittedly a fast scan-- the problem with not gathering and updating a single list in OP):

As far as I can tell, the backlight on the keyboard turns off when the screen times out and doesn't come back on when you wake up screen.  You have to close and reopen the keyboard.  I don't use the phone in total darkness. but I might sometime nd this would be pretty frustrating. It seems that waking the screen should also wake the keyboard backlight. 

• Thanks 4

Found 2 bugs so far:

- sound in WhatsApp is crickling all the time. Music everywhere is flawless, so I believe this to be a software issue (I mean distorted sound - it seems as if the sound is repeating itself delayed and distorted)

- the screen does not turn to landscape mode sometimes; hitting home button and opening the last app fixes the problem so far

Edited by divstar
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 10:41 AM, Waxberry said:

Under a rare circumstance, touch of screen can be lost (touch function unresponsive) A reboot will fix. If that happens, hold power key to give the reboot menu, then open the slider and press tab key, and select restart, Press Enter. It will go back after booting. This happens on a very rare case, and team is working on a fix for the next version

I just wanted to note that I am suddenly starting to see this bug with much more frequency. Getting close to once a day.  No, it's not terrible, an easy reboot, but I am concerned about the possibility of losing data if I am working on a document when it happens.

Also, @EskeRahn can this thread be pinned so people don't have to hunt it down?

Edited by Hook
  • Thanks 3
  • Erik pinned this topic

I have also seen the touch screen get lost, *and* have experienced it (multiple times) overlapping with the keyboard not responding. The only way to restart at that point is to hold volume up and power for about 10 seconds, which also forces a reboot.

1 minute ago, zurvan2 said:

I have also seen the touch screen get lost, *and* have experienced it (multiple times) overlapping with the keyboard not responding. The only way to restart at that point is to hold volume up and power for about 10 seconds, which also forces a reboot.

Actually, just holding the power button will get you a reboot.

14 minutes ago, zurvan2 said:

Interesting that you still see the inactive touch screen bug. That was fixed on mine with an OTA update. Are yours up to date? QX100_EEA_20191210......

There is also a new as of today, I have not yet installed (it is doing it now)

Screenshot_20200106-152440.png

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Interesting that you still see the inactive touch screen bug. That was fixed on mine with an OTA update. Are yours up to date? QX100_EEA_20191210......

There is also a new as of today, I have not yet installed (it is doing it now)

Today morning I have experienced this keyboard bug the second time but I have instantly restarted the phone because I wanted to show it for my colleagues when it has occured.

I have just installed this update, so I may see it in a few days if it is still working without reboot. 🙂

Also, I am curious if this is based on the improved keyboard driver which allows multiple keystrokes at once...

I am also curious how the rooted systems could be updated relatively problem-free as it should be an updated kernel which affects boot image.

6 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Today morning I have experienced this keyboard bug the second time but I have instantly restarted the phone because I wanted to show it for my colleagues when it has occured.

I have just installed this update, so I may see it in a few days if it is still working without reboot. 🙂

Also, I am curious if this is based on the improved keyboard driver which allows multiple keystrokes at once...

I am also curious how the rooted systems could be updated relatively problem-free as it should be an updated kernel which affects boot image.

But what about the inactive touch screen bug. When have you last seen that? And has it had an OTA update after that?

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

But what about the inactive touch screen bug. When have you last seen that? And has it had an OTA update after that?

I have never seen that bug (also I have not wrote about it).

- In hands-free mode, only one of the speakers is enabled (the bottom one).
Is it a bug or does it have its own reason?

- It would be good if touch sensitivity would be adjustable - to lower it a bit as sometimes it thinks I have touched the display but I didn't touched it yet.

- Others also wrote it but in-phone speaker is too loud - I use it at minimum volume level and I feel like if volume would be more than 50% compared to my previous phone.
So it would be good to have an option to set its gain.

- Others also wrote it but display colour is strange under 50% of brightness - maybe the change of intensity is not equal of all (R, G and B) colours (should be compensated)?

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, VaZso said:

- In hands-free mode, only one of the speakers is enabled (the bottom one).
Is it a bug or does it have its own reason?

My GUESS would be to prevent hearing damages if you absent minded pick it up during silence and a high sound then is trans- and emitted when the speaker is close to your ear.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

My GUESS would be to prevent hearing damages if you absent minded pick it up while there are silence and a high sound then is trans- and emitted when the speaker is close to your ear.

I don't really think as my Moto G6 has a very loud earpiece which is also used as handsfree speaker... and worse, it is also the ringer - so, that is maybe a cheap but a really bad solution... (It happened once that I had that phone at one of my ears when it has started to ring - it was extremely loud)
...but on Pro1, that speaker is a bit farther.

Also, if both speakers are used for ringing then it is no reason to disable upper one on handsfree as usually it is much quieter than a ringtone.

I was thinking about maybe it is related to noise microphone but the speaker in use is much closer to the real microphone than the other to the noise microphone (also, own signal may be relatively easy to filter out).

...but handsfree could be much louder while not really affecting the microphone quality (I think) if also top speaker was enabled.

I have also tried Android's built-in SIP service and MizuDroid which both had intermittent sound.
MizuDroid had noticeably higher pitch and longer gaps between audio samples.

Also, sometimes I hear glitches in sounds like when an alert comes up at this site.
(Maybe the length of the audio matters as it seemed to work well in Youtube for example.)

I have also tried Linphone as SIP client which works well with excellent audio quality and continuous sound.

SIP was set up against an Asterisk server at localhost (there are also other SIP clients which are use this system without problems) using its own echo test, so no other network issues should be related.
Anyway, built-in SIP client seems to support only a really few codecs and MizuDroid seemed to do the same also with another codec but Linphone worked well in all cases.

Edit:
Earphone is also too loud under Linphone (also while using lowest volume level) and in hands-free mode it also uses only bottom speaker.

Edited by VaZso
10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Are yours up to date? QX100_EEA_20191210......

Yes, I'm up to date with that update, but not today's, yet. I did re-root after that, which probably reverted the /boot partition, but I assume there's no runtime code there. (could certainly be wrong)

Edited by zurvan2
2 hours ago, zurvan2 said:

Yes, I'm up to date with that update, but not today's, yet. I did re-root after that, which probably reverted the /boot partition, but I assume there's no runtime code there. (could certainly be wrong)

As much as I love root access, I'll probably do without it for awhile on my clack when it arrives as it sounds like there's currently a certain amount of disruption in making it work. Perhaps @Waxberry will get the software people to add the root access switch in developer settings like LOS has. Not that this is terribly important, but I know I would appreciate it, and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, silversolver said:

Perhaps @Waxberry will get the software people to add the root access switch in developer settings like LOS has.

It would be a really awesome option. However, I don´t think it is allowed by Google on a fully supported system. 😞

Root switch would be convenient, though probably not allowed on Google's Android indeed.
Magisk does more than just simply provide root though. On that note I'd like to urge F(x)tec to provide updated flashable images along the OTA updates or at least updated boot.img that can be patched with Magisk later. It appears to be not technically impossible to scramble together the image file from an intercepted incremental OTA archive and the initial image, but I don't think there's been success in this yet.

Root is technically not an advertised feature like the alternative OS support, but I hope F(x)tec understands the desire of their customers wanting to be able to root the official Android OS without missing out on updates.

• Like 7
  • Erik unpinned this topic