Jump to content

Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]


Recommended Posts

  • Erik unpinned this topic
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

On 11/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, Waxberry said:

There is a know "bug": Under desktop, long press a key will launch app shortcut (quick launch apps) but short type will go to google search.

However every time Google search is launched this way, the cursor will return to the left after user typed the first letter.

This is the bug from Google Search app, unfortunately we have nothing to do with it.

What we have considered is to have search for drawer when type under desktop, instead of launching Google Search.

Related to this. A problem occurs when you assign a key to launch an app and the app opens ready for input.  So I assign a key to my password locker and I end up with the password field filled with multiple instances of that letter.  I open my word processor and I end up with that letter typed multiple times into whatever document, blank or otherwise, was set to open.  Somehow, the software needs to stop reading the input if the key is held. I don't know how tricky that is, but I can't use this feature while this problem exists.

If there isn't a workaround that I haven't figured out, I will likely go back to Nova which I have used for years.

Edited by Hook
Link to post
Share on other sites

To elaborate, it's not just supertux and android games, what it really matters even more for are DOS games under dosbox, console emulator games, etc.  Since the keyboard doesn't recognize two buttons at once, it makes play somewhat difficult (can't run and shoot/jump/turn at same time, etc).     Also the key labeled 'Esc' doesn't function as Esc, which is needed in some dos programs/games, etc.   And F-keys... not sure if they're implemented somehow already.

Edited by Craig
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Craig said:

To elaborate, it's not just supertux and android games, what it really matters even more for are DOS games under dosbox, console emulator games, etc.  Since the keyboard doesn't recognize two buttons at once, it makes play somewhat difficult (can't run and shoot/jump/turn at same time, etc).     Also the key labeled 'Esc' doesn't function as Esc, which is needed in some dos programs/games, etc.   And F-keys... not sure if they're implemented somehow already.

Maybe it would be good if someone could test it under Sailfish OS.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you launch the stock snapdragon camera app with the camera button, there is no thumbnail link to photos.

(If you launch it from shortcut or app drawer, it works fine.)

Confirmed it affects others; Dec 10 software.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Craig said:

If you launch the stock snapdragon camera app with the camera button, there is no thumbnail link to photos.

(If you launch it from shortcut or app drawer, it works fine.)

Confirmed it affects others; Dec 10 software.

I guess it was intended to be that way when the device is locked, so you can take a picture, but not snook in existing ones. But I agree that it is a bug when the device is currently not locked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I guess it was intended to be that way when the device is locked, so you can take a picture, but not snook in existing ones. But I agree that it is a bug when the device is currently not locked.

Good point.  We don't want anyone sneaking in through the camera button. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david said:

Good point.  We don't want anyone sneaking in through the camera button. 😉

Not quite what i meant. It makes sense that we can take pictures quickly without logging in first, but on the other hand, we would not like any user to look in our photos without being logged in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Not quite what i meant. It makes sense that we can take pictures quickly without logging in first, but on the other hand, we would not like any user to look in our photos without being logged in.

I think we are saying the same thing.  I don't want someone looking through my photos of my locked phone through the camera button.  I wouldn't want them to see the photos and I wouldn't want them to use the "share" function to open other apps and look around in those either.  I wouldn't want them to see notifications from other applications if I have that set to not display on the lock screen as well (even if we aren't in the lock screen, but are in whatever app the camera button takes us to when pressed when we are on the lock screen).  Basically, there shouldn't be a way to get access to any information by someone using the camera button on the lock screen that isn't visible when on the lock screen.

I do want to be able to take pictures with the camera button without unlocking the screen, since the main benefit of the camera button is not having to navigate to the camera app before taking a quick photo.  

It is probably a tricky thing to implement all this in a way that is clean.  It would be nice to be able to tap something on the screen when in the app that the camera button opens, to go to the unlock screen, instead of having to use the power button.

It would also be most ideal, in my mind, to be able to have the button open whichever camera app we prefer, not just a hard coded one (the default camera app), so that we are taking pictures with our settings all ready in the app we use the most.  If I end up using, for example, the google camera app for taking most of my photos instead of the stock camera app, because I prefer the way they look (this is hypothetical), then I'd be much less likely to use the hardware button for taking my normal photos and would only use it in emergency situations where I *really* want to take a photo fast (not that often).  I'll start a new topic about how the button works currently, so as to not put too much in this thread.

Edited by david
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, david said:

I think we are saying the same thing.  I don't want someone looking through my photos of my locked phone through the camera button.  I wouldn't want them to see the photos and I wouldn't want them to use the "share" function to open other apps and look around in those either.  I wouldn't want them to see notifications from other applications if I have that set to not display on the lock screen as well (even if we aren't in the lock screen, but are in whatever app the camera button takes us to when pressed when we are on the lock screen).  Basically, there shouldn't be a way to get access to any information by someone using the camera button on the lock screen that isn't visible when on the lock screen.

I do want to be able to take pictures with the camera button without unlocking the screen, since the main benefit of the camera button is not having to navigate to the camera app before taking a quick photo.  

It is probably a tricky thing to implement all this in a way that is clean.  It would be nice to be able to tap something on the screen when in the app that the camera button opens, to go to the unlock screen, instead of having to use the power button.

It would also be most ideal, in my mind, to be able to have the button open whichever camera app we prefer, not just a hard coded one (the default camera app), so that we are taking pictures with our settings all ready in the app we use the most.  If I end up using, for example, the google camera app for taking most of my photos instead of the stock camera app, because I prefer the way they look (this is hypothetical), then I'd be much less likely to use the hardware button for taking my normal photos and would only use it in emergency situations where I *really* want to take a photo fast (not that often).  I'll start a new topic about how the button works currently, so as to not put too much in this thread.

An obvious idea would be to replace the thumbnail with an icon, and if you click that NOT logged in, it should trigger the login-dialogue.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

An obvious idea would be to replace the thumbnail with an icon, and if you click that NOT logged in, it should trigger the login-dialogue.

That's how it works on the Moto Z with the default camera app.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I guess it was intended to be that way when the device is locked, so you can take a picture, but not snook in existing ones. But I agree that it is a bug when the device is currently not locked.

The way it worked on the Z2 was that you could only see the pictures you took in the current "session" without unlocking. Seeing earlier pictures required unlocking the phone.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zurvan2 said:

The way it worked on the Z2 was that you could only see the pictures you took in the current "session" without unlocking. Seeing earlier pictures required unlocking the phone.

Elegant solution! Hope they can replicate that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Elegant solution! Hope they can replicate that.

Agreed, as long as the share button doesn't allow you to get into other apps.

I did create another thread just for discussing the camera button:  

 

Edited by david
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugs:

  •  Autorotate on hardware keyboard just stopped working and I can't get it back to working, I need to manually press the rotate button every time. What is interesting, it still works in Home Screen and returning to Home Screen also aligns the screen in correct position. I think it started happening after I installed KeyMapper but even after uninstalling it the bug is still there. Rebooting doesn't work. This bug is CRITICAL and I hope will be fixed in following weeks. Also, I won't factory reset the phone after entire day configuring it and moving all the data from my old phone.
  • Upper drop-down menu goes beyond the screen in landscape.
  • Gesture home button is broken in portrait. When in portrait mode, trying to open app window also opens the "used apps" window or whatever it's called, it's difficult to open apps window because you need to keep your finger moving all the way to the top of the screen, it's impossible to do when holding a phone with one hand. There is no such problem in landscape. I doesn't bother me that much because first thing I do is to disable gesture button but for others it may be annoying. I don't know if it's problem of Android in general or Fxtec software
  • Phone doesn't read my SD card at all. Sandisk SDHC 32GB
  • Camera button doesn't work in WhatsApp
  • Icons in camera app look pixelated and it's sometimes difficult to notice it taking a picture. There should some graphical effect to indicate a photo being taken.
Edited by Gon009
removed nonbug
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

Bugs:

  •  Autorotate on hardware keyboard just stopped working and I can't get it back to working, I need to manually press the rotate button every time. What is interesting, it still works in Home Screen and returning to Home Screen also aligns the screen in correct position. I think it started happening after I installed KeyMapper but even after uninstalling it the bug is still there. Rebooting doesn't work. This bug is CRITICAL and I hope will be fixed in following weeks. Also, I won't factory reset the phone after entire day configuring it and moving all the data from my old phone.
  • Upper drop-down menu goes beyond the screen in landscape.
  • When using keyboard and turning the phone into portrait, there's small icon that keeps appearing and shaking on the bottom-right
  • Gesture home button is broken in portrait. When in portrait mode, trying to open app window also opens the "used apps" window or whatever it's called, it's difficult to open apps window because of that because you need to keep your finger moving all the way to the top of the screen, it's impossible to do when holding a phone with one hand. There is no such problem in landscape. I doesn't bother me that much because first thing I do is to disable gesture button but for others it may be annoying. I don't know if it's problem of Android in general or Fxtec software
  • Phone doesn't read my SD card at all. Sandisk SDHC 32GB
  • Camera button doesn't work in WhatsApp
  • Icons in camera app look pixelated and it's sometimes difficult to notice it taking a picture. There should some graphical effect to indicate a photo being taken.

On #1, to clarify, is this all apps or just some?  Clearly it still works with the launcher.  Which apps.  Most apps I use it works fine, but some, like Discord, require Autorotate to be on. That's not a bug in the Pro 1 but a problem with the apps programming.

#2 confuses me.  Yes, if the notification shade is longer than the screen, you will have to scroll.  Why is that a bug?

#3 I believe that's another autorotate button popping up.  Not sure that isn't also Pie rather than F(x) Tec.

#4 That is the way the new fangled home button in Pie is supposed to work.  You can get the older 3 buttons by going to settings -> system -> Gestures and turn "Swipe up on phone button" off, (I did)

#5 Make sure SD card is seated properly.  If it's very old, might be going bad even if another device handles it.  I would try a new or different card before I would call it a bug.

#6 Don't know What'sApp, so can't help here.

#7 Haven't seen pixcelated icons.  However, if you open the camera when the screen is locked, it will not show you a thumbnail bcause that would give someone access to all your pics.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hook said:

On #1, to clarify, is this all apps or just some?  Clearly it still works with the launcher.  Which apps.  Most apps I use it works fine, but some, like Discord, require Autorotate to be on. That's not a bug in the Pro 1 but a problem with the apps programming.

#2 confuses me.  Yes, if the notification shade is longer than the screen, you will have to scroll.  Why is that a bug?

#3 I believe that's another autorotate button popping up.  Not sure that isn't also Pie rather than F(x) Tec.

#4 That is the way the new fangled home button in Pie is supposed to work.  You can get the older 3 buttons by going to settings -> system -> Gestures and turn "Swipe up on phone button" off, (I did)

#5 Make sure SD card is seated properly.  If it's very old, might be going bad even if another device handles it.  I would try a new or different card before I would call it a bug.

#6 Don't know What'sApp, so can't help here.

#7 Haven't seen pixcelated icons.  However, if you open the camera when the screen is locked, it will not show you a thumbnail bcause that would give someone access to all your pics.

 

#1 Everything including even things like app menu.

#2 There's "go to settings" icon at the bottom of the upper drop-down menu. It goes beyond the screen in landscape, clearly a bug: https://youtu.be/qpchLPzLq54

 

#3 I removed that from my post before you replied

#4 Yeah, I also disabled that gesture button, weird, it works like it's glitchy, still look buggy to me: https://youtu.be/34GHom__SnQ

 

#5 yes, I did and it's quite a new one, I bought it half year ago

#6 Chat application

#7 It looks like it's meant to be half of its size, unfortunately photo can't show this: 20191220_173024.thumb.jpg.4a00c5bd08291f8d16b65016982ae909.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Hook said:

  Yes, if the notification shade is longer than the screen, you will have to scroll.  Why is that a bug?

I 100% agree this is is not a bug at all, but it's annoying - so much so that I bricked my phone trying to fix it, so it's not just gon009 who doesn't like it!  I wanted to get rid of the quick launch icons from notifications, cuz in landscape orientation the waste a lot of the screen (and I would just use two fingers to pull down the quick settings if needed).   I tried a systemui tweak and killed my phone, so I get to factory reset or wait for twrp to fix it...

 

1 hour ago, Gon009 said:

Camera button doesn't work in WhatsApp

 

This I think is the only known bug you actually reported.  The Camera button doesn't appear to work in any camera app besides snapdragon.   And longpress always opens snapdragon camera, even when another camera is default.

 

52 minutes ago, Hook said:

if you open the camera when the screen is locked, it will not show you a thumbnail

I think we've already established that it happens even when the screen is unlocked, so this is a real bug as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, Gon009 said:

There should some graphical effect to indicate a photo being taken.

There two known bugs on stock camera app kinda related  - no shutter sound, and know thumbnaisl, so I agree very hard to know when photo is taken.   One workaround is to open the camera app from the icon, then at least you get thumbnails.  Also other camera apps have shutter sound.  But as to adding another graphical effect to the snapdragon app, that's a feature request, and you'd probably have to ask Qualcomm to add that to their camera app...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Craig said:

I think we've already established that it happens even when the screen is unlocked, so this is a real bug as far as I'm concerned.

 

Yeah, sorry, I did get this mixed up in my head.  I really have to remember to review things on my phone when trying to help. It is indeed button vs icon, not locked vs unlocked. It's just that the locked vs unlocked almost makes sense.  😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, here's a video showing the first bug with autorotate on keyboard not working at all, it's firefox and it should return to portrait after closing the keyboard but it's not: https://youtu.be/KuoZbO7JkaM

 

An update to this bug: I tried to replicate it now and this function started working in some apps like k9 mail or clock, also it works in app menu but in firefox it's still not working. Also you can see screen properly returning to portrait after pressing home button.

Edited by Gon009
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Erik pinned this topic
  • Erik unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms