Pro1 Known Bugs [Updated 19 Nov 2019]

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As users will start receiving devices now, we want to give some update about the bugs and features we found / currently working. Shipping software version: QX1000_EEA_20191028191835 Known bu

In theory, after Jan 3rd update there should be no more issues with screen frozen and keyboard lost. We are working on the current issues and hopefully to deliver a build not too long after the C

I'm going to do a mini data dump of some issues I have noticed while bringing up LineageOS (a beta/test version is only a couple days away, I will post a thread here when it's ready)....   *

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Sigh.... This thread that was supposed to be a thread on known bugs, has drifted into a discussion thread with possible bugs and comments on them, making it impossible for new users to easily find if a bug is already known, reported and verified....

I guess we will have to swing the split and merge axe again... 😥

May I suggest you put the intention of a thread in the OP? We can only follow the rules if they've been published. 🙂

35 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Sigh.... This thread that was supposed to be a thread on known bugs, has drifted into a discussion thread with possible bugs and comments on them, making it impossible for new users to easily find if a bug is already known, reported and verified....

I guess we will have to swing the split and merge axe again... 😥

May I suggest you put the intention of a thread in the OP? We can only follow the rules if they've been published. 🙂

Since we don't have a real bug tracking tool yet, my suggestion would be to have on topic that is closed to everyone except fxtec.  This is where they would post known bugs and the status of working on those and which releases may contain fixes, etc.

Then have another topic for reporting bugs and discussing them, where anyone can post.

Edited by david
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kontakt said:

I started a doc to organize the bugs. Feel free to help: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15uE12Yv5nMvIF42U33cY5FQoF6M66QIn00cC876uf7Y/edit?usp=sharing

@EskeRahn Can you please pin the doc somewhere?

I will let the staff decide how they want things done. As a voluntary moderator I'm more of a janitor in here.
I will await what @Erik, @Waxberry or @Elysia will do...

• Haha 1

Here's one I just found. I'll try and give as much detail as I can remember.

After setting up my phone, I input a longer password. Didn't want a longer password, so I changed it to a shorter password. Now, I didn't select secure startup. So I do the OTA, and secure start up happens, asking for my password. To unlock it, I had to use the password I set before changing it. I'm now unable to remove the secure startup password, and will have to factory reset.

Have tried selecting yes on secure startup and changing the password that way, clearing credentials, removing password altogether, all to no avail.

Edit: Just setup my phone again, this time with no password. I just applied a password, again, making sure to not choose secure startup. The password was a pattern lock this time, and enabled secure startup again. I don't feel like reformatting again, so I'm just going to live with it for now.

Update: A few days ago, while getting in my car, my pro1 decided to randomly hard reboot. When it came up, it didn't ask me for my password while booting up. A second restard did confirm that secure startup had randomly gone away at some point. I'm too scared to change my password to test if it stays gone, but this could potentially be a thing that goes away, or is intended behaviour (which would make zero sense to me.)

Edited by SirBaconIII
Added update
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, spence fx serial 809 said:

7 hrs in so far here add, digitizer not working to unlock phone after first battery cycle to dead, solution hold power button until resets and digitizer worked after reboot, a minute or 2 of phone fully unable to operate scared me there, hope to not see that issue again ever..

Have you updated it to latest software?

22 minutes ago, evozero said:

Perhaps not a "bug" per se, but the imei sticker on the back has started to fade. 

Best remove it and keep somewhere. And take a photo and save in your cloud drive

There is a backup. The information is printed on your packaging.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SirBaconIII said:

Here's one I just found. I'll try and give as much detail as I can remember.

After setting up my phone, I input a longer password. Didn't want a longer password, so I changed it to a shorter password. Now, I didn't select secure startup. So I do the OTA, and secure start up happens, asking for my password. To unlock it, I had to use the password I set before changing it. I'm now unable to remove the secure startup password, and will have to factory reset.

Have tried selecting yes on secure startup and changing the password that way, clearing credentials, removing password altogether, all to no avail.

Edit: Just setup my phone again, this time with no password. I just applied a password, again, making sure to not choose secure startup. The password was a pattern lock this time, and enabled secure startup again. I don't feel like reformatting again, so I'm just going to live with it for now.

That sounds like an Android bug.
You can try https://f-droid.org/de/packages/org.nick.cryptfs.passwdmanager/ to change the encryption password.

Update: The app needs root. 😞

Edited by kontakt
  • Thanks 1

Another one - when you open some app which automatically shows sw keyboard in landscape mode, like termux, after closing it any other app start showing sw keyboard in landscape mode. 

Weird, after reboot keyboard works fine and switches off. 

Edited by 3zet
  • Thanks 1

I  use Nova launcher. For some reason after I  go into settings, the keys on my physical keyboard stop working. Except Sym... for some reason that keeps on working. This has happened twice today. Only remedy that has proven successful today is a reboot. Switching keyboard profile, restarting Nova and so one made no difference.

14 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

I  use Nova launcher. For some reason after I  go into settings, the keys on my physical keyboard stop working. Except Sym... for some reason that keeps on working. This has happened twice today. Only remedy that has proven successful today is a reboot. Switching keyboard profile, restarting Nova and so one made no difference.

I have played with Nova (and discarded it) but did not see that issue.

24 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

I use Nova launcher and I haven't noticed it either.
It makes me remember such situations was exist before last OTA but since I have upgraded its firmware, these problems were gone.

Are you sure you have the latest update installed?

3 minutes ago, spence fx serial 809 said:

where is the link or process etc to the update i missed it somewhere among all the chaos

It is somewhere at Settings / System / Special / System updates.
Sorry if they are not exact names but they should be called similarly.

Hmm, I have just noticed, in this place, Current (version) was translated to a word not meaning actual but electrical current in my language. 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, hka said:

Physical keyboard doesn't work for entering WIFI passwords, virtual keyboard works fine.

I can enter WiFi password using physical keyboard - at least I can write in the field, but I have not clicked to save it as it is someone else's network. 🙂

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I can enter WiFi password using physical keyboard - at least I can write in the field, but I have not clicked to save it as it is someone else's network. 🙂

After another reboot it works on my device as well!

• Like 1

I can't say if it is a bug or not, but in case anyone else encounters it, I will list it here so they don't spend too much time on it.

I formatted my SD card in my computer for FAT32, using a special program that optimizes for speed.  The default Windows format will format for exFAT, since that is the proper file system for cards above 32 GB in size.  That won't work on the Pro1 yet, due to Microsoft licensing.  You can also format the card in the Pro1.

After I put the SD card and SIM in the phone, I went through the setup process on the phone.  I then found that the SD card was not seen by the system or any apps.  I pulled it out and put it back in again.  Same issue.  I finally rebooted and then it showed up.  I haven't tested yet to see if this happens when you remove it and put it in when the phone is on, or it was just an issue after the first setup.

Secondly, the card is running much slower than it should in tests on the phone.  They will generally run slower in a phone than on a computer, but it shouldn't be as slow as it is (about 20 MB/s for sequential access).  I haven't done the OTAs yet, so maybe one of those will fix it.  I reformatted with the phone, just to be sure it wasn't something odd with that, but it is still running the same speeds.

UPDATE:  At least one other person has reported the slow SD card speeds.  It appears as if the phone is operating closer to "High Speed" (25 MB/s) bus specs instead of "UHS-I" (104 MB/s).

Edited by david
2 hours ago, VaZso said:

I use Nova launcher and I haven't noticed it either.
It makes me remember such situations was exist before last OTA but since I have upgraded its firmware, these problems were gone.

Are you sure you have the latest update installed?

Yeah latest update installed. Haven't been able to reproduce it right now. it happened twice today.

I forgot to mention that I had installed FinQwerty and hidden it from launcher before uninstalling it.
After the second reboot I re-installed it and this time deselected it before uninstalling it. That could possibly have been the culprit...

30 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

That could possibly have been the culprit...

I doubt FinQwerty is the cause of this for you in any way.

I have it also installed (together with a lot of users here) and never noticed any problems.
Moreover, it basically installs those layouts but they are used by the system instead of FinQwerty itself.

• Like 1
  • Erik unpinned this topic