Waxberry

QWERTZ User Layout Setup

7 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Today @Anssi Hannula has accepted my pull request for Hungarian layout in FinQwerty and he also put page up / page down / home / end functions for fn+arrows for all layouts so every layouts will be improved a bit.

He told me I missed to include yellow combinations of some buttons in Hungarian layout, so I have also modified it so currently all yellow keys are available using alt+key combinations. That was part of my second pull request but now it is also included in FinQwerty.

He said he will release next version soon, so it may be available in Play Store after some days.
Hopefully before last stock of Pro1's are starting to arrive next week. ūüôā

(And we get the pound we forgot too)

On 1/17/2020 at 4:13 AM, FBela said:

Thanks for the great amount of energy you put into it. I have a Qwerty version, but I'll try it anyway. Currently I try finQwerty US Intl. version, but  I ran into a problem: I can't type / sign under Termux. It works everywhere else, but not under Termux...  If @Anssi Hannula based on your version of hun_qwertz, could add a version of hun_qwerty to the next version of the finqwerty app, then it would be much easier to try it, because I wouldn't have to compile my own. Or is it enough just copy the kcm file somewhere in the phone? I haven't looked at this yet...

Termux ignores the keyboard layouts generally, as it has its own. This allows you to make a custom layout for termux, but sometimes requires making a custom layout for it to work correctly. Win some, lose some....

6 hours ago, silversolver said:

Termux ignores the keyboard layouts generally, as it has its own. 

I think this is not true.  FinQWERTY new version has just arrived, and it works in termux, too. In my opinion, only key combinations that are traditionally used in emacs mode will be overridden by termux. For example in FinQwerty US Intl.  CTRL-P would be /, but since emacs i using CTRL-P as previous, it is impossible to type / in termux with his layout. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FBela said:

I think this is not true.  FinQWERTY new version has just arrived, and it works in termux, too. In my opinion, only key combinations that are traditionally used in emacs mode will be overridden by termux.

I agree, these combinations are basically also work well for me in Termux.

Moreover, fn+arrow combinations worked well under Termux but I had problems with it under Firefox for example, that is why I asked about an option to declare a function instead of fallback, and it was achievable by using "replace" term instead of "fallback", so it has solved the problem also under Firefox while it still works under Termux.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 10:29 PM, VaZso said:

My own keymap is not really interesting for others as it has a slightly modified layout while basically it is the same as "US. international" for QWERTY but national characters can be reached by fn and fn+shift (or fn + capslock) combinations so I can also use it in a terminal and write e-mails/messages using every characters I should use.

I tried the Hungarian layout in the official app. It is working fine, but it seems not usable for me. In worst case I will create my own layout as you did for yourself. I would prefer that all the letters and signs on the keyboard work where they are printed, additionally the Hungarian accented letters can be accessed on the keys where there was nothing else with fn originally. If it works, then I will do the same layout modification for my Gemini PDA, too...

I believe this may be somewhat relevant to the thread; I went and implemented a Polish programmer's keyboard layout for the QWERTY Pro1 based on FinQwerty. For anyone interested in the changes, they are in a pull request waiting for feedback and an eventual merge: https://github.com/anssih/finqwerty/pull/9 .

• Like 2

I made a Swiss - French keyboard that I sent to Anssi Hannula (along with money beer).

This could also benefit others as I tried to be as standard as possible, there are a lot of special characters not often used but I put them anyway as they are in the Swiss - French layout.

CH-FR 1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1