Discussion and testing on features and known&potential issues

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro1 is under an approval (final stage) from Google to activate security features. Once it's finished we will release an OTA to activate contactless payment. Everything has been submitted and we are a

Thank you all for the feedback! Team is working on the fix for the keyboard unresponsive issue. It's quite random and cannot replicate easily. But we will do out best and solve ASAP.

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, bundyo said:

Unfortunately it dislodges again with every harder keyboard open. I'm beginning to suspect there is no screw under that cap. 😞

I'll need to use the phone more to find out.
I work from home and have a landline, so I haven't had quite the opportunities to play with it that others have.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, spence fx serial 809 said:

anything on here about the keyboard backlight not lighting up about 30 to 40 perfect of the time...only an issue at night and currently cause still learning a few of the keys but i cant find a pattern to it just randomly 30 to 40 percent of the time and im poking in the dark

Right now there is a known bug that when the screen goes off and the backlight does too, the backlight doesn't come back on with the screen.  You have to close and reopen the keyboard.  I believe it is being worked on.  I don't know if that applies to all your cases or not.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, bundyo said:

Unfortunately it dislodges again with every harder keyboard open. I'm beginning to suspect there is no screw under that cap. 😞

Look at your screws behind the screen-- they are covered by round black stickers.  If any of those stickers aren't flush, you may need to pry off and tighten the screw.

14 hours ago, Hook said:

Look at your screws behind the screen-- they are covered by round black stickers.  If any of those stickers aren't flush, you may need to pry off and tighten the screw.

The back moves around 2mm outwards on hard close. The sticker stays in place regardless. This doesn't happen with any of the other stickers/panel edges. Keyboard-wise stickers are also almost a mm inset in the panel, so hard to pry off without destroying them. I'll take a closer look tonight, but my guess is that some screws were skipped while the phones were assembled. The other possible option is that the hard open slams the screen part to the keyboard part so hard, that it breaks the plastic that the screw is screwed in. Hoping that the screw is just missing.

Edited by bundyo

Not sure if this should be designated as a bug. But I myself do have issues with speaker volume (in call) being too high, even on the lowest setting.
Anyone else who shares this opinion? If so I would describe the bug/issue a a way too high volume.

Should have checked, it's in the bug tracker...🙄

Edited by DieBruine
33 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Not sure if this should be designated as a bug. But I myself do have issues with speaker volume (in call) being too high, even on the lowest setting.
Anyone else who shares this opinion? If so I would describe the bug/issue a a way too high volume.

As far as I know, it is a known bug... at least it works the same for me and I have also wrote it here.

• Thanks 1

I tried a USB-C to ethernet adapter with the Pro1 and it doesn't work.  

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Ethernet-Adapter-Gigabit/dp/B00X4S587K

I tried it on a Pixel 1 and it worked fine.  People on Amazon reported it working with a variety of android devices (Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Samsung A50, Pixel 3XL, Pixel XL, and a customized version of LineageOS 16.0 (Android Pie based) on an older Moto Tab).  All of these were Android 9 or higher.  Also works on Nexus 5X running Nougat.

From what I can tell online, the drivers for the ethernet chipset are probably missing in the Pro1.  It looks like it uses Realtek.

I'm on stock firmware with the Pro1 (no OTA updates done yet).

Edited by david
3 hours ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:

FinQwerty bug report: the Sym key does not turn the keyboard backlight back on when unlocking the Pro1.

It is Alt+Sym (it emulates a Keyboard-Open, that for unknown reasons sends F6 key code)

• Thanks 2

Hello all IGG supporter from Canada, just received the pro1 and all things considered it was worth the wait, the only issue I would consider reporting is the tinting effect that has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum.  The default colour temperature is already cooler than I prefer, (thankfully this can be adjusted to taste via apps) however about 1/3 down the brightness slider the colours appear to suddenly get pulled even cooler (bluer?).

It is noticeable when the auto brightness slides around.  Other than that, fantastic device I'm glad Fx team put in the effort to build such a device!  Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 2/3/2020 at 3:26 PM, FlyingAntero said:

This happened to me 2 times yesterday. However, I have faced this issue only in Chrome so far even so I have been writing alot with other apps as well (mails, notes, docs etc).

I faced this "one key reapeating" issue again. This was 4th time and it happened during writing a doc so it is not related to Chrome (like other ones have reported also).

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

I faced this "one key reapeating" issue again. This was 4th time and it happened during writing a doc so it is not related to Chrome (like other ones have reported also).

It may be related to high CPU load...

56 minutes ago, J_P said:

Is there actually a concise list of bugs being kept somewhere or are we just using this enormous thread?

I am experiencing the issue with all learned fingerprints being forgotten. On build QX1000_EEA_20200106110245 .

That was the purpose of the bug-thread, and there is this parallel discussion thread, but unfortunately the discussion end in the bugs-thread as well, And I have not found the time to clean up the mess, And no other mods seems to have either...

28 minutes ago, kontakt said:

Interesting, thanks,

May I suggest to expand that with a column of the Status with some 'fixed' values like

• "By design", "Known fix, next OTAU", "Will be fixed ASAP", "Will be fixed by/with Android 10", "Will not be fixed"

And a Known workaround with

• Yes/No
14 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Interesting, thanks,

May I suggest to expand that with a column of the Status with some 'fixed' values like

• "By design", "Known fix, next OTAU", "Will be fixed ASAP", "Will be fixed by/with Android 10", "Will not be fixed"

And a Known workaround with

• Yes/No

Done.
Feel free to edit the doc yourself though 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, rejujacob said:

Note sure if this was discussed before..

At the moment the "Ring Volume" controls both Ring and Notification volumes.
But I need to control them separately. Maybe it can be incorporated in next update?

It has

Even if it has been discussed, it hasn't been added to the community buglist yet.   I didnt know ring volume and notification volume couldn't be controlled independently; is that standard android pie behavior?  Or a bug fxtec somehow introduced?  Or user error?

@Craig Interesting question. On my Moto Z3 Play running Pie I have media volume, call volume, ring volume, alarm volume, but no notification volume. I This is my first phone that gives me the impression that i can't seem to find the optimal sound volume for all the different noises it makes.

Screenshot_20200207-194031.jpg.0a6eb5bf226f3683512b8ff7fc304c38.jpg

58 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

@Craig Interesting question. On my Moto Z3 Play running Pie I have media volume, call volume, ring volume, alarm volume, but no notification volume. I This is my first phone that gives me the impression that i can't seem to find the optimal sound volume for all the different noises it makes.

The same I so on Pro1 as your Moto Z3, so must be stock android...

Screenshot_20200207-203020.thumb.png.3e03e4d96bcda66c05d7f21a36fe24ea.png

Under notification I can select the noise but not the level.

I've done some more 'research' and there are volume apps which offer separate control of notification volume, and I now tried two (arbitrarily selected "Volume Manager" by ByteHamster and "Volume Control Panel Pro" by LeeDrOiD Apps), but at least with the Moto Z3 Play both the ring volume slider and the notification volume slider move when I move either of them. It seems, though, that there actually are some devices which do not physically combine both, even with Android 9 (see this thread on Reddit which is about a different subject but proves that someone managed to control ring volume and notification volume separately with Tasker), so I guess it might make sense to try it with the Pro¹, too, before dismissing the idea.

If it doesn't work for the Pro¹ at this time, perhaps it might still be somehow implemented in the Pro¹'s Android?

From what I've seen now, by the way, Android 10 doesn't seem to offer separate ring volume and notification volume controls, either; perhaps someone could confirm this with the Android 10 test builds for the Pro¹?

For the time being, I can only think of one workaround, which is editing the audio file for the desired notification sound, lowering the volume and saving it as a new notification tone, then selecting this new sound as a notification sound.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 1