USA Pro1 Waiting Room

2 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

did they not send you a link to reschedule the parcel?

Who is "they"?  I've tried signing up for fedex delivery manager and it thinks my address isn't residential.  I called FedEx again today to try getting them to fix it so I can sign up.  I'm hoping they will fix things so I can get access to it.  I'm going to have to try getting it held at a FedEx Office / Kinkos.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It makes it more convenient to type the European dialect of english currently being implemented as the official language for the EU:

Captains log: I can't remember what day it is.  It's been so long since the last time I've used a QWERTY keyboard.  The slabs have taken over every country, it's terrible, all those innocent people ha

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, KingOfTerrible said:

Who is "they"?  I've tried signing up for fedex delivery manager and it thinks my address isn't residential.  I called FedEx again today to try getting them to fix it so I can sign up.  I'm hoping they will fix things so I can get access to it.  I'm going to have to try getting it held at a FedEx Office / Kinkos.

Sorry meant fedex.  And yeah that's a problem thinking your a business :S.  Hope they sort it quick.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:32 PM, silversolver said:

You and me both. I guess waiting longer for Christmas will make it more exciting when it comes. 😛

Same here. No stock assigned email. I ordered in early July and paid in early August. I've seen some US customers who ordered in September say they have received their stock assigned emails. Waiting forever~

Edited by magicafternoon

Captains log: I can't remember what day it is.  It's been so long since the last time I've used a QWERTY keyboard.  The slabs have taken over every country, it's terrible, all those innocent people have been brainwashed.  I had started to give up hope, but the Brits retaliated.  We have got to help the resistance, my battery is almost out, long live THE CLACK!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So.. after the long wait, my wife and I finally got our stock assigned email on 01/20/2020.  That made us super excited.  Then we got the email for our order being completed for our phones (qty. 2 explicitly noted on email. yay!)  No tracking info but we didn't care.  We were just happy that they were on their way.  Checked mail today and found a nice little box waiting for us today.  I thought, "That looks like it only has one."  I shrugged it off, maybe it was really good packaging.  When I opened it, only found one but still didn't phase me.  Maybe they were split up by accident.  So we used the tracking number on the box and lo and behold, FEDEX said that it delivered everything for that tracking number.  Sad day.  I don't know where it all went sideways but it looks like second phone is not coming.  We emailed FxTec and hopefully they have a good answer.  I've seen the rants and raves of many irrate people on this forum and I was content to wait.  I am very disappointed but I understand things go wrong.  I hope FxTec irons their process out because it seems like everything that could possibly go wrong, does go wrong with them.  Hopefully they visit a temple this Lunar New Year and get some much needed good luck.  Such a sad day.

• Sad 3

Set up my Pro1 this evening on T-Mobile, in Seattle. Shortly after finishing setup, I got a text, presumably from T-Mobile that said:

"We see your phone does not have correct settings to access the internet or send MMS. Settings will be sent to your handset."

Subsequently, I'm getting LTE (I believe, it says 4G), mobile data works and I can send and receive MMS.

So I suspect that T-Mobile has noticed the Pro1 on its network and is sending the correct network configuration to it when it joins, which is very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, wilhelmfitzpatrick said:

Set up my Pro1 this evening on T-Mobile, in Seattle. Shortly after finishing setup, I got a text, presumably from T-Mobile that said:

"We see your phone does not have correct settings to access the internet or send MMS. Settings will be sent to your handset."

Subsequently, I'm getting LTE (I believe, it says 4G), mobile data works and I can send and receive MMS.

So I suspect that T-Mobile has noticed the Pro1 on its network and is sending the correct network configuration to it when it joins, which is very nice.

Are you a T-Mobile customer directly? I am getting T-Mobile through a secondary carrier (US Mobile) and while I'm pretty sure it will work I haven't heard of anyone with that exact setup yet.

19 hours ago, wilhelmfitzpatrick said:

I got that message too, and shortly afterward the 4G icon showed up.

I also got a message claiming that the visual voicemail app on my phone was out of date along with a link to download the T-Mobile VVM app. Disabled VVM in the Google Phone app and the messages stopped coming in. Strange how it doesn't work on this phone, but I'm fine with long-pressing 1 at the phone to listen to voicemail.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:16 PM, goodman_j said:

So.. after the long wait, my wife and I finally got our stock assigned email on 01/20/2020.  That made us super excited.  Then we got the email for our order being completed for our phones (qty. 2 explicitly noted on email. yay!)  No tracking info but we didn't care.  We were just happy that they were on their way.  Checked mail today and found a nice little box waiting for us today.  I thought, "That looks like it only has one."  I shrugged it off, maybe it was really good packaging.  When I opened it, only found one but still didn't phase me.  Maybe they were split up by accident.  So we used the tracking number on the box and lo and behold, FEDEX said that it delivered everything for that tracking number.  Sad day.  I don't know where it all went sideways but it looks like second phone is not coming.  We emailed FxTec and hopefully they have a good answer. 

I've seen the rants and raves of many irrate people on this forum and I was content to wait.  I am very disappointed but I understand things go wrong.  I hope FxTec irons their process out because it seems like everything that could possibly go wrong, does go wrong with them.  Hopefully they visit a temple this Lunar New Year and get some much needed good luck.  Such a sad day.

@Erik

@Waxberry

• Sad 1

Got the phone a couple of days earlier than expected. I'm on T-Mobile prepaid.

• I have confirmed that the phone is indeed using LTE (using the LTE Discovery app) despite the "4G" in the menu bar.
  • I too encountered the visual voicemail problem @jcz95 had, which is weird because it worked fine on my Pixel 2 XL (and the Google phone app on both devices are identical - same version). I downloaded T-Mo's VVM app instead to compensate (I am a Google Voice user anyway, so it's not a huge loss, but it's a bit annoying)
  • As far as wi-fi calling, I see an odd phenomenon where I can search for "wi-fi calling" in the settings, but it just brings me to the "Mobile network" settings, where no "wi-fi calling" setting exists. Based on the "Network Compatibility" thread, I thought calling T-Mo and asking them to enable something on their end would work, but apparently I'm "already registered." The CSR tried helping me by Googling around (and even got to this forum lol), but otherwise could not help. Maybe I didn't use some magic customer support phrase (I did say that I moved my sim to a new phone). I confirmed in the *#*#4636#*#* menu that "Wifi Calling Provisioned" is enabled. Everything seems to suggest (unless I missed something) that I can get wi-fi calling, yet I don't have it. On my Pixel 2 XL this did work fine. I do kinda need this because I get 2FA codes sent my T-Mo number sometimes and when there are dead zones having wi-fi calling helps a lot.
  • I noticed the APN settings that are auto-populated vs. the ones here are slightly different. For example, the auto-populated settings didn't have the "MMSC" URL

Still doing set up. Need to see if Android Auto works in my car and how it works with my Android Wear watch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2020 at 10:50 AM, magicafternoon said:

Same here. No stock assigned email. I ordered in early July and paid in early August. I've seen some US customers who ordered in September say they have received their stock assigned emails. Waiting forever~

I am also on your boat...

On 2/1/2020 at 9:15 PM, Zuffle said:

I am also on your boat...

Same exact boat for me as well.  Paid August 2nd and people that paid in Sept received theirs already.  That made me so mad I sent an email to cancel my order.  I ended up changing my mind and decided to ride it out but don't have faith in seeing this phone any time soon anymore.  I actually ended up going to a T-Mobile store this past weekend and picked up the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren Edition.  What a beautiful feature packed phone but no kb obviously.  When/if my pro1 ever arrives, I may sell it or just root it and keep it as a fun phone.  

I think it's hilarious though that FX still won't change the website and is misleading new customers into thinking they will receive a phone in 4-6 weeks when people that paid in August probably won't receive that soon and people still defend that nonsense. 

Got this email from FX today.  It still doesn't explain why customers in the US that paid after other customers in the US would be receiving their phones first unless they are Indigo backers.  That is unless however, they are referring to "placed an order" as the pre-order date and not date paid. 

forumavatar.png

Support Team (FX Technology Limited)

4 Feb, 13:21 GMT

Dear Anthony,

Thanks for your email.

I am glad to hear you've changed your mind and wish to continue waiting for your order. We are doing our best to deliver your order ASAP. There are only 2 occasions in which an order placed after yours would get fulfilled:

1. It was an Indiegogo compensation order. We prioritise orders referred by Indiegogo as those customers have waited for more than a year.

2. The formula which assigns stock on a country basis. This is used to keep stock allocation as fair as possible so that no country is left last, even if it upsets some of our customers who placed an order before them. Although those cases can be quite irritating, in reality, they are a very small percentage, we are speaking of 5-10 devices. Even of those countries were left out to fulfil an earlier order from a popular for us country such as the US, it is unlikely that the small number of devices left would have been enough to fulfil your order.

Again, we are doing our very vest to get your order as quickly as possible. More news to follows.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

3 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

It still doesn't explain why customers in the US that paid after other customers in the US would be receiving their phones first unless they are Indigo backers.

Sometimes it helps to remember that people make mistakes. What answer do you expect (and how would it help anyone)? "Right, let me see... Oh yeah, we deliberately delayed Siani_8 a few weeks more because we didn't like his nose"?

• Haha 1