On the pre-production status

3 minutes ago, Erik said:

The general agreement in the community is to be as informative as possible - even if there's not much new information. I have previously mentioned that we are quiet because there's not many news after the latest directors update. I believe most users here prefer at least some level of collaboration, a glue between you and the directors, someone to raise the questions.

Now I'm not sure if I understood You right. You have just told us, that beside the OFFICIAL information (which is considered by me as newsletter just and only), You don't know anything else from the departments. That would be correct, since on the 28th of October You said that everything is on track meaning that the deliveries to the customers from the fulfillment centers will take place on 29th. Then suddenly came an information that You meant only Asian customers. Now You can't tell the numbers how many devices were sent, but You still say that some were. 

Do You know what I mean here? Your post was understood by most of us I believe, that beside the newsletter You have no clue what is going on on FxTec and Your other posts just confirm that.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

I think a lot of people are impatient, but some people actually have plans to travel, or relocate, e.t.c. and have a genuine reason to know when they can expect their shipment to arrive, which is why giving false dates was a bad idea or just a recipe to piss some people off. So in a way it's good that they're not providing any more info as of right now on when the second batch might be shipped, as it might just give false hope once more. I think for as long as pre-orders are fulfilled before Christmas (since there might be additional postal delays right before holidays) majority will be happy, including me.

2 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

Now I'm not sure if I understood You right. You have just told us, that beside the OFFICIAL information (which is considered by me as newsletter just and only), You don't know anything else from the departments. That would be correct, since on the 28th of October You said that everything is on track meaning that the deliveries to the customers from the fulfillment centers will take place on 29th. Then suddenly came an information that You meant only Asian customers. Now You can't tell the numbers how many devices were sent, but You still say that some were. 

Do You know what I mean here? Your post was understood by most of us I believe, that beside the newsletter You have no clue what is going on on FxTec and Your other posts just confirm that.

I think this thread is getting too long to read now. I'll find a way to organise it shortly. I have mentioned the above a while ago, so it's nothing new: 

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Erik said:

I think this thread is getting too long to read now. I'll find a way to organise it shortly. I have mentioned the above a while ago, so it's nothing new: 

First: wow. Seriously?

Second: yes, You mentioned it. On the day everyone expected to start shipping from the fulfillment centres globally.

And still, no numbers.

• Like 1

Hi everyone

The question is an easy one...

How many devices got shipped in the first batch? Eric, could you please answer this question?

And i have got some informations that the 2nd batch will be send in the 2nd week of November which will be me much larger than de first batch.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Erik said:

I am trying to get some news for you to share later today.

I don't, however, believe I've ever said that the first batch will cover most pre-orders. If I did, it's mistake and I apologise for it. What I am saying instead is that the second batch is much larger than the first one, and it will cover most pre-orders. The first batch is much smaller than the ones that will follow in mid-November.

20 pages of discussion in this forum, and I am still not clear what is happening/when the devices will be sent. What I understand is that today a new deadline for sending the device pre-ordered and paid has been announced: mid November? So we will get them by end of November?

3 minutes ago, cmar said:

20 pages of discussion in this forum, and I am still not clear what is happening/when the devices will be sent. What I understand is that today a new deadline for sending the device pre-ordered and paid has been announced: mid November? So we will get them by end of November?

I hope so.... I already hoped sometimes but i hope so 🙂

my wife told me today that as soon i have my pro1 running the device will be already old again. 

Haha, maybe we can pre order the pro2 already for shipping 2021 🙂

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SBurn87 said:

🙂my wife told me today that as soon i have my pro1 running the device will be already old again. 

Haha, maybe we can pre order the pro2 already for shipping 2021 🙂

+1

That's what makes me so frustrated. If I wanted an outdated phone, I would go for the old Droid, HTC Desire Z or a Nokia E7 for less than 100€.

1 minute ago, anonim001 said:

+1

That's what makes me so frustrated. If I wanted an outdated phone, I would go for the old Droid, HTC Desire Z or a Nokia E7 for less than 100€.

That's BS. Those phones will not deliver the experience the Pro1 will give you. You're comparing phones which are 8 years old at best, to a chipset from last year. Give me a break...

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, michael.bosscha said:

That's BS. Those phones will not deliver the experience the Pro1 will give you. You're comparing phones which are 8 years old at best, to a chipset from last year. Give me a break...

Snapdragon 835 was announced in January 2017 and released in March 2017.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am patiently waiting, just checking this thread daily but trying not to complain too much about the delay(s).

Honestly I still think that they will pull this off and it is a feat in itself to make a smartphone.

For those who are getting increasingly bitchy, I do understand how you feeel but do try to take into account how an incredibly complex product a smartphone is. If you ever want to go to the next level of complexity with a consumer product, I think you would have to build a car.

I am still rooting for these guys and hoping the money I knowingly put at risk by pre-ordering, will soon revert into an awesome phone.

Everyone, even Liangchen and Adrian themselves, probably can agree that the customer experience has been wildly off the mark, and this will have to be on their lessons learned list once the phone starts shipping regularly.

But I am still, stubbornly maybe, believing and supporting this team the best way I can which is to not bitch too much and not ask for my money back.

I hope more and more people could agree with me and do the same. The more refunds, the worse the pressure will be into this tiny company.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Erik said:

... the second batch is much larger than the first one, and it will cover most pre-orders. The first batch is much smaller than the ones that will follow in mid-November.

@vlycop "I nolonger trust fxtec"

I think that's the most damning, saddest thing I've read 😞 but I do understand all the same.

For me, given the previously stated 4-5 hour production time per Pro1, my worry is what assurance can there possibly be for the accuracy of Eric's statement?  & should this prove 2B another groundless, false hope, I guess pre-Christmas fulfilment of pre-orders is unlikely...

I sure hope I am proved wrong, but only time will tell.

Edited by Tim6263
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

Snapdragon 835 was announced in January 2017 and released in March 2017.

I stand corrected. Actual phones carrying the chipset were released later in 2017, making the chip two years old by now. You still don't say anything about the rest of my post, though. Plus: the 835 is a high-end chip and will serve us for quite some time. We're basically getting an S8 with an additional keyboard!

When FX gets its shit together and becomes big enough to matter, THEN we'll get qwery with current specs. Up until that time: quit bitching about "older hardware". Because none of us are prepared to pay iBlah price upwards of a grand for their phone...

• Like 5

Let's be realistic here: Fxtec hasn't been reliable when commenting on the shipping dates of the phone. They have been far too optimistic, and you can't trust their new estimates. That being said, it's a unique phone and the only way I'm getting my hands on it is by waiting patiently, so I wait.

And continue to wait.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
6 minutes ago, abielins said:

Let's be realistic here: Fxtec hasn't been reliable when commenting on the shipping dates of the phone. They have been far too optimistic, and you can't trust their new estimates. That being said, it's a unique phone and the only way I'm getting my hands on it is by waiting patiently, so I wait.

And continue to wait.

Exactly that is what I said before. Wait or don't, cancel or don't cancel but there is no need to complain here non stop.

• Like 7
43 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

+1

We have reached the milestone when people upgrade their phones less and less (this is partially why iphone sales are dropping), because phones last longer and are fast enough for most use cases. Every performance increase 10-15 years ago was noticeable, but lately phones have become so fast and optimized for specific tasks that it no longer matters. Sure, you want the fastest phone on the market to play some cashgrab mobile games, but will +-0.1s loading time make a huge impact on your daily use? The keyboard sure will.

Edited by theo.hallenius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Customer presure has been shown to work many times. 

There is no reason they can take action and improve their communications and transparency now, and not just ignoring the community that should be their greatest cheerleaders at launch, with vague and in some cases misleading information. 

They have all the power to stop people complaining, and either choose not to, or dont have enough control over their delivery process to give us correct estimates. Both are worrying. 

Edited by electristan
  • Like 4
Just now, anonim001 said:

@Erik, just to be clear, this was a serious question and I'm expecting an answer to it.

Stop it Karen xD of course he meant 2019! What are you trying to achieve here? They can tell you anything and don't do it afterwards anyway!
I don't want to attack you or anything. But I think we all should decide for ourself now if we want to take it up with a company like FxTec or not and stop attacking people like Erik!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, michael.bosscha said:

I stand corrected. Actual phones carrying the chipset were released later in 2017, making the chip two years old by now. You still don't say anything about the rest of my post, though. Plus: the 835 is a high-end chip and will serve us for quite some time. We're basically getting an S8 with an additional keyboard!

When FX gets its shit together and becomes big enough to matter, THEN we'll get qwery with current specs. Up until that time: quit bitching about "older hardware". Because none of us are prepared to pay iBlah price upwards of a grand for their phone...

I knew the specs a d I accepted them. But I did not pay for the phone only, but also for the service FxTec is supposed to provide. If You go to the restaurant and the food is great but the waiter tells You for 3 hours that You get Your meal in 5 minutes, do You also accept that because You paid for the product?

1 minute ago, electristan said:

Customer presure has been shown to work many times. 

There is no reason they can take action and improve their communications and transparency now, and not just ignoring the community that should be their greatest cheerleaders at launch, with vague and in some cases misleading information. 

They have all the power to stop people complaining, either choose not to, or dont have enough control over their delivery process to give us correct estimates. Both are worrying. 

We have been complaining for a long time now. I don't think it will help. If you think otherwise, go ahead. But I just do not think they have the possibilities to do better until the phone is shipped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn pinned and featured this topic
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic