On the pre-production status

11 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

Yes, and now read my whole post, specifically this part: " Support seems to just be wrong, No way the phones are due to arrive at the end of this month considering nobody received tracking yet. End of next month doesn't mean much either. " We should've gotten tracking codes yesterday if they were to arrive before the weekend.

It'll take at least 3 more weeks for the phones to arrive. Please don't make people think they'll get them tomorrow.

Arrive is a matter of where. I don't think arrive at people's houses was what was meant. I think arrive at the distribution warehouses to be sent to customers, and that's where tracking codes are generated. I never meant to imply that people would have them by the weekend, only, for example, that people might start seeing tracking codes by the weekend.

EDIT: I think part of the challenge in communication is that people forget that not everyone knows what they know. They are so deeply involved in this logistics process that statements which are clear to them are confusing or misleading to others.

Edited by silversolver
clarification
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, silversolver said:

I think part of the challenge in communication is that people forget that not everyone knows what they know. They are so deeply involved in this logistics process that statements which are clear to them are confusing or misleading to others.

That's not the direction I would go with "not everyone knows what they know". But we'll see if what you said was true if the devices will be in customers hands in 1 to 2 weeks, or if they're still to be sent and people need to wait for 3 weeks.

EDIT:

Arrive is a matter of where. I don't think arrive at people's houses was what was meant. I think arrive at the distribution warehouses to be sent to customers, and that's where tracking codes are generated.

What we know from Erik is that the phones hadn't left the factory yet last Tuesday ("we know a batch of stock is leaving the factory sometime this week"). For them to arrive anywhere this month would mean they decreased the shipping time from 2 and a half weeks to a mere 3 days. And that Erik didn't know they were shipped yet, so more like 2 days. I don't know how you can seriously believe that to be true enough to say it's highly likely.

Edited by Zamasu

Any chance the reason why they keep having to delay is that whatever transport they've booked is contingent on other bookings being made so that the journey is as profitable as possible for the shipping company, hence the delays being imposed until that point is reached? It would make sense, but I would be surprised if such deals did not include some kind of deadline at which point shipping has to occur regardless.

Again, that's pure speculation since we have not been getting that kind of details so far.

43 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Glumreaper posted [...] "I got one reply just now asking if I was sure since devices are now shipping,

I took it to mean that the shipping of devices started, i.e., pointing out that the first batch proves that devices will arrive eventually, and not that the second batch actually started shipping.

• Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Any chance the reason why they keep having to delay is that whatever transport they've booked is contingent on other bookings being made so that the journey is as profitable as possible for the shipping company, hence the delays being imposed until that point is reached? It would make sense, but I would be surprised if such deals did not include some kind of deadline at which point shipping has to occur regardless.

Again, that's pure speculation since we have not been getting that kind of details so far.

Not saying I know any more about that, but I think that's how the cheaper shipment options generally work. Just pool together a bunch of stuff and send it once. But even then, this is from China just after the 11th which is a huge event, and Black Friday now happening. Any shipment company probably has enough customers to choose from, I don't think any would be waiting for more.

The whole discussion if they already shipped or not sounds to me like reading tea leaves.

The fact is, we really don't know. 🙄
I still fully trust Fxtec and I am willing to wait for my Pro1 even longer..  essential is that we get our Pro1 at all.

But.. a little more communication would go a long way. 

Team Fxtex, the PR-guy.. just someone, please... once a week....  just turn on the Selfie camera on your Pro1 and film yourself, talk for2-4 minutes about current delays and estimated arrivals .. or tell us if something wet wrong and things take longer as planned (even if you have to stay somewhat vague), or tell us that you got to work on some bugs, or just make a 30 second Video and say "everything is according to plan" ....... and upload the whole thing on Vimeo or YouTube.  You don't even have to edit that. (which saves a lot of time)

It is not that hard, but it will make everybody calm down (including me) and have clearer understanding if we have to wait.

Edited by Shilor
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
47 minutes ago, Shilor said:

Team Fxtex, the PR-guy.. just someone, please... once a week....  just turn on the Selfie camera on your Pro1 and film yourself, talk for2-4 minutes about current delays and estimated arrivals .. or tell us if something wet wrong and things take longer as planned

I think it is no need of a selfie camera or any cameras...
No need of a camera, no need of watch what was recorded, no need to record it again if something happens and no need to edit the video.
...but a few words written as update of facts by regular basis would be very welcome.

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, VaZso said:

I hope at the end of the tunnel that light is not the train itself but Fxtec team holding a bunch of Pro1 leading towards our units packaged near them (that is why they are in the dark). 🙂

Or all the dots we see in the image, are them testing the flash LED of the next batch of Pro1... 😂

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Or all the dots we see in the image, are them testing the flash LED of the next batch of Pro1... 😂

Or everyone of us with our old phones running towards them to grab our Pro1 being in next batch. 😄

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, damion said:

Well my cosmo communicator turned up and I opened today.  I'm looking forward to the pro1...

I took it to be more of a UMPC than a phone.....was I correct in your estimation? I have not touched one, but you have.

Edited by silversolver
clarification
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, silversolver said:

I took it to be more of a UMPC than a phone.....was I correct in your estimation? I have not touched one, but you have.

@damion I second that. Would be very interested in your "first impressions", as I was afraid that the Cosmo would be a little cumbersome for "normal phone" stuff, because you always need to open it with two hands - even for a quick peek at GMaps.

Edited by A Dude
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Great now my Pro1 is in a tunnel somewhere.  Is there additional customs checks in this tunnel?

I think no but there may be a toller who is holding the light at the end of the tunnel... or there are... trolls everywhere. 😄

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

There is no need to worry the end of the other tunnel joins the start of the first one.

It often feels more like the end of the first tunnel joins the start of the first one, and the light at the end is the approaching train, going round, and round, and round .... :classic_tongue:

Edited by epninety
  • Confused 1
12 minutes ago, epninety said:

It often feels more like the end of the first tunnel joins the start of the first one, and the light at the end is the approaching train, going round, and round, and round .... :classic_tongue:

No - if the first tunnel joins the start of the first one, then the light at the tunnel is probably your own back.
So most likely  the phone is behind you or just have received it and that is your smile or traveling on that train or... :classic_tongue:

...should we wake up? :classic_blush:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1