On the pre-production status

11 minutes ago, Akun said:

I won t put too much trust into the annouced 70% of preorder shipped by end of month.

What do they really call Pre-Order ?

Order made before July 31st ? 

Order made before 4th Nov (the date of the first batch shipped) 

All Order until now ?

I believe they are calling any orders made before they are caught up on production, pre-orders.  In other words, in theory, when they ship all remaining, outstanding pre-orders, most likely in February, then it would seem like orders placed after that point in time would be regular orders.  

However, there is one remaining issue to people receiving regular orders quickly from built up stock, post-February.  They still don't have a distribution center in the USA and still don't seem to have a way to send bulk phone packages to the USA without customs issues.  If they do have a way to do that, they don't seem to have used it.  All phones that have reached USA customers have been sent from China to the customers directly.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

23 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Dang it, I knew I should've read more than 1 line on wikipedia. I'm using a new search engine, and it's results aren't always as good as Google's sadly.

9 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Well they clearly stated that they PLAN to do all preorders.

No, that update said "he expects all of the pre-orders will be produced by the 18th of January", not "plan" but "expects". If you're going to argue about semantics at least use the right words. Plan =/= expects (=/= will). I say their argument stands if you replace will with expect.

12 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

F(x)tec assigning stock across pre-orders as fair as possible (2020, colorized)
stockassignment.jpg.3098f559d5309408edb6610166c8e6a2.jpg
(I'm pretty happy with what I got, but we can still poke some fun, right?)

You forgot the caption "Let's give to people who paid on the 21st August their phone before the ones who paid on 2nd of August to adjust for timezone differences... and fxtec financial interests".

Edited by Guest
no demonstration of intent
4 hours ago, josefkubes said:

Hi,

are you satisfied with Pro 1 camera? And what about camera application? I think, camera app (Snapdragon camera) is terrible. Maybe the worst, what i see in smartphones... It fall, auto flash did not work good, photos are dark sometimes, interior photos have noise. Does Fxtec plan some better app? My 5 years old Lumia 950 produce better photos 😞 And the camera button? Horror...

And the back are very susceptible to scratch. After one week I have some on back edge.

I other way I am very satisfied, but not with camera...

Hi,

I am basically satisfied with camera itself but Snapdragon Camera is really not the best. Also it seems sometimes it does not take photos (maybe because I have configured it to use SD Card) but then it does again. Also a but noisy in dark environment.

I have found myself using OpenCamera and currently trying Footej Camera which looks to be good.
Maybe they are better in darker environment but where I user camera, I think it performs well.
Basically I can make sharp macro photos - much better than with my Moto G6 - also inside using room light.
Outside photos are also look to be good.

So I think its camera is not bad at all, however, some improvement of Snapdragon Camera would be still good.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, cmar said:

You forgot the caption "Let's give to people who paid on the 21st August their phone before the ones who paid on 2nd of August to adjust for timezone differences... and fxtec financial interests".

I'd be interested in what exactly you would think their financial gain was in there for which someone would purposefully make such a decision, as opposed to it being just another effect of things not turning out as planned because of a long queue of unforeseen circumstances.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I also noticed US, Switzerland, Austria, Czech, Finland and the Netherlands mentioned

Hungary also received tracking number. 🙂
...however, they also would like to request permission for customs clearance...

Doesn't they (at F(x)tec side) told they have customs pre-paid? Don't I remember well?
It would be not very good to pay the same thing twice...

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Toby Lerone said:

I got my stock assigned email yesterday - I do hope to get tracking details today like other people have been getting.

Samsung S8+ is really starting to slow - but that might be the sim card. What size SIM does the Pro 1 use for its primary I can then get a replacement ready.

FWIW, the SIM will certainly NOT be the cause of the slow down - that will *most likely* be some badly written app ...I'll bet when you factory reset the phone it will go back to running silky smooth 😉

• Thanks 2

Just a question... as far as I remember well, maybe @Erik wrote they will pay customs... does it mean I have to check "DDP" option with courier?
It says TAX + VAT, etc. is to be payed by seller and there is a dotted line after this statement...
...that case what should i write on dotted line?

Edited by VaZso
24 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

I'd be interested in what exactly you would think their financial gain was in there for which someone would purposefully make such a decision, as opposed to it being just another effect of things not turning out as planned because of a long queue of unforeseen circumstances.

As per e-mail of Erik, the decision has been made to allocate the devices manufactured according to the percentage of devices from that country in the total amount of devices. In other words, they have identified the promising markets. They have been supplying these markets, even if the customers did not pay before August 2nd.

6 minutes ago, cmar said:

As per e-mail of Erik, the decision has been made to allocate the devices manufactured according to the percentage of devices from that country in the total amount of devices. In other words, they have identified the promising markets. They have been supplying these markets, even if the customers did not pay before August 2nd.

That doesn't answer my question. Where exactly would be the financial gain in that? The devices obviously have already been paid. No observer of the market will care whether the device came five months later than anticipated or six, even if someone except the few who actually ordered and their immediate surroundings would even notice. 

In another post I already offered the question asking where exactly the line has been drawn between pre-orders and orders, something that hasn't become totally clear until now either. It may well be, for example, that the whole of August went into the 'pre-order' file, whereas September orders (like myself) finally became regular 'orders'.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2

I did not say that the decision made sense and will work. I am not the one who came up with this market share criteria, nor the one distributing devices to persons who paid after August 2nd.

Edited by Guest
11 minutes ago, cmar said:

I did not say that the decision made sense and will work. I am not the one who came up with this market share criteria.

So you not only have no evidence whatsoever that their motivation was anything other than they said, let alone that it would have been malicious, no, you're even suggesting an intent that could obviously never have been achieved by that exact action.  So you're effectively accusing them not only to be malicious, but also phenomenally daft. 

Don't you see that such accusations may say more about yourself than about the subject?

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, marshall said:

Got a sms message with my tracking number this morning (parcelforce in the UK).

It also said it will be delivered tomorrow. I doubt it very much but that would be awesome!!

Lots of jealous people if you do haha

• Like 1

Are folks all getting stock assigned in their FXTec account under their order status as well? I got email stating stock assigned but it doesn't say stock assigned in the status for the order when logging into the FXtec account. Just wondering if it is a USA thing or maybe it is just a "batch email"

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, windraver said:

Are folks all getting stock assigned in their FXTec account under their order status as well? I got email stating stock assigned but it doesn't say stock assigned in the status for the order when logging into the FXtec account. Just wondering if it is a USA thing or maybe it is just a "batch email"

And here I am without being able to log into an account - I've created an account on the site with the correct email but no pre-orders there!

54 minutes ago, windraver said:

I wouldn't panic, nothing has changed in my account status either it still says -

Order #73XX was placed on March 3, 2019 and is currently Processing.

3 hours ago, Toby Lerone said:

And here I am without being able to log into an account - I've created an account on the site with the correct email but no pre-orders there!

I found mine under orders rather than pre-order. Mine says "Still processing" but that sounds intentional per others.

• Sad 1

Even if it's been split by country, it should still be in order of payment within any given country right?  On the stock assigned thread people in the UK who paid after I did, have received an email.  Feb pre-order, July 31st payment... no email.  And I fear they're not still sending those out.  Does this mean Feb or March as I'm in the slow later 30% batch?

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, damion said:

Even if it's been split by country, it should still be in order of payment within any given country right?  On the stock assigned thread people in the UK who paid after I did, have received an email.  Feb pre-order, July 31st payment... no email.  And I fear they're not still sending those out.  Does this mean Feb or March as I'm in the slow later 30% batch?

In orders mine says processing, in pre-orders it says completed ?!

@Erik Can I just nip to your office? It's 10 mins away for me!