On the pre-production status

2 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

I agree with you.  That said, Pro1 would have sold more units with the latest chip based on comments I read on the F(x) tec FB page as well as comments on the various YouTube videos of reviews with early production versions of the Pro1.  

Well you are assuming that no one think the Pro1 is already expensive, oh wait there are.... So your assumption does not hold, invalidating the logic...

For some an additional price would be outweighed by a newer chipset, for others it would put the device out of their reach. If the total numbers sold would be higher by one variant or the other is really hard to say anything reasonably on, it will be just guessing either way.

• Like 4
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

They were simply not able to get the latest chip since they are a startup and vendors don't really care for low amount requests.

Also, it's absolutely true that not everybody would buy a device for 800-900€ for 20% more cpu speed (if even). For me, personally, it's the most expensive phone I ever bought.

I bought PCs for over 3000€, but my phones are only used for calling, texting and browsing. Often business use. If it would have cost 900€, I would probably have waited until I got a used phone for less.

• Like 5

I bet if you told people it had a Snapdragon 855 and just handed them the device, most would just believe it until they run some benchmarks.
And even then, these benchmarks tend to be very synthetic. +30% per generation? Who are they trying to fool? We're not in the 90s anymore.
Not to say there aren't any benefits, but they're not as large as they're made out to be. And better tech existing doesn't make the old one slower, that's just in your head.

• Like 8
25 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

I bet if you told people it had a Snapdragon 855 and just handed them the device, most would just believe it until they run some benchmarks.
And even then, these benchmarks tend to be very synthetic. +30% per generation? Who are they trying to fool? We're not in the 90s anymore.
Not to say there aren't any benefits, but they're not as large as they're made out to be. And better tech existing doesn't make the old one slower, that's just in your head.

It should be remembered that they usually also claim that a newer generation is more energy efficient doing the same task. So it could have given a better stamina.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Well you are assuming that no one think the Pro1 is already expensive, oh wait there are.... So your assumption does not hold, invalidating the logic...

For some an additional price would be outweighed by a newer chipset, for others it would put the device out of their reach. If the total numbers sold would be higher by one variant or the other is really hard to say anything reasonably on, it will be just guessing either way.

Don't think my logic is invalidated by those who didn't buy because of price.  I was specifically referring to the many comments by people who said they would buy with the most updated chip which fits in with a lot of kb die hard fans who have longed to see a slider be released with "flagship" specs and would pay whatever is asked.  Not saying there won't be people who always complain about price or that the Pro1 specs aren't 'good'.  I guess it could be considered guessing but there are plenty of comments of people who either didn't buy and "waiting for the next version of pro1 with updated chip" and also a lot who thought the price was too expensive when there are cheaper phones with the 855.  Most of the latter don't take into account the small company or KB for sure.  

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Don't think my logic is invalidated by those who didn't buy because of price.  I was specifically referring to the many comments by people who said they would buy with the most updated chip which fits in with a lot of kb die hard fans who have longed to see a slider be released with "flagship" specs and would pay whatever is asked.  Not saying there won't be people who always complain about price or that the Pro1 specs aren't 'good'.  I guess it could be considered guessing but there are plenty of comments of people who either didn't buy and "waiting for the next version of pro1 with updated chip" and also a lot who thought the price was too expensive when there are cheaper phones with the 855.  Most of the latter don't take into account the small company or KB for sure.  

So you are (now) saying that OTHER people would buy, not that MORE would buy, or?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

So you are (now) saying that OTHER people would buy, not that MORE would buy, or?

Well if we add those others to the mix I equate that to more, yes. You are assuming that having the 855 would added a higher price point that would have elimated people that already bought from buying in the first place and I'm not since I believe people who wanted this phone still would have bought it since it's unique, niche, and what KB  enthusiasts want and willing to pay for. 

Edit: but you're correct that there may have been more sales had there been a cheaper price point.  However, most comments that complained about price were complaing that they were getting 835 at that price and not necessarily that they couldn't afford it.

Edited by Siani_8
Mistake
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Jim Chapman said:

For those not watching Twitter, Liangchen Chen just tweeted: "Confirmed first shipment is on the way to US / UK warehouse and takes 1-2 working days to handle forward shipping and custom. (They don't work over weekend) aiming to get tracking code sent out early next week. Getting there "

I appreciate the efforts here in trying to update people, but the previous update was " Product on the way from warehouse to regional fulfillment centre ", so it went from going from the warehouse to going to the warehouse. Not to mention that they were going to the warehouse since the 29th. Clearly the word "warehouse" is being used for a lot of different things, which is technically correct, but it makes any effort in trying to figure out what's exactly being said pretty hard. Best I can guess is that they're in the continent, but not shipped to customers yet.

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

I appreciate the efforts here in trying to update people, but the previous update was " Product on the way from warehouse to regional fulfillment centre ", so it went from going from the warehouse to going to the warehouse. Not to mention that they were going to the warehouse since the 29th. Clearly the word "warehouse" is being used for a lot of different things, which is technically correct, but it makes any effort in trying to figure out what's exactly being said pretty hard. Best I can guess is that they're in the continent, but not shipped to customers yet.

I would imagine that the post is just the answer to unclear factors since we don't really have official information anywhere.

In order to prevent more speculation, I'd imagine that he confirmed the shipping officially, which does not mean that they haven't completed more steps in the meantime.

Words were misinterpreted very often with horrible effects here in the forum.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I would imagine that the post is just the answer to unclear factors since we don't really have official information anywhere.

In order to prevent more speculation, I'd imagine that he confirmed the shipping officially, which does not mean that they haven't completed more steps in the meantime.

Words were misinterpreted very often with horrible effects here in the forum.

But he already did that, by saying something slightly different. This is the opposite of clearing things up.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

But he already did that, by saying something slightly different. This is the opposite of clearing things up.

I think you're right. When I saw that tweet I thought "isn't that what happened on the 29th?" This confusing mix of terms is not helpful. 

All of this lengthy discussion here is because people are trying to find the answer to one single simple question: "when will I have my phone in my hands". And it is simple, even if the answer is "we don't know". But that hasn't been easy to work out based on the official comms. And it feels like everything is an effort to avoid committing to a date.

Edited by glumreaper
Edit
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

... so it went from going from the warehouse to going to the warehouse. Not to mention that they were going to the warehouse since the 29th. Clearly the word "warehouse" is being used for a lot of different things ...

In case you missed it, this was my take on F(x)s processing

hope it helps a bit?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, PandaBearCorgi said:

Has anybody successfully cancelled an order?

They've sent me the same message twice trying to persuade me from cancelling and refunding my order.

What's going on f(x)tec?

Huh, it sounds bad. Could you share more details please? Did you ask them twice to cancel the order and twice they sent you a message instead of cancelling it?

3 hours ago, Zamasu said:

I appreciate the efforts here in trying to update people, but the previous update was " Product on the way from warehouse to regional fulfillment centre ", so it went from going from the warehouse to going to the warehouse.

I don't see how the Nov 6th tweet and the Nov 8th tweet cannot be seen to be going backwards in progress either.   This is what we have, where "***" represents the current location of the first batch.

Nov 6 (very close to getting a tracking number): 

Factory-->China export customs-->InTERcontinental Shipper-->Destination Country(ies)-->Import customs-->Warehouse--***-->InTRAcontinental Shipper-->Customer

Nov 8 Best Case (still has to go through import customs):  

Factory-->China export customs-->InTERcontinental Shipper-->Destination Country(ies)--***-->Import customs-->Warehouse-->InTRAcontinental Shipper-->Customer

Nov 8 Worst Case (still has to go through import customs):  

Factory-->China export customs-->InTERcontinental Shipper--***-->Destination Country(ies)-->Import customs-->Warehouse-->InTRAcontinental Shipper-->Customer

Note:  I'm ignoring the possibility of some sort of extra hop in Hong Kong for some other type of warehouse that does some sort of processing of the packages.  That wasn't clear at all in an earlier message from fxtec, so I'm leaving it out of the pipeline.  And it certainly doesn't come into play with the current location of the phones.

Edited by david
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, david said:

I don't see how the Nov 6th tweet and the Nov 8th tweet cannot be seen to be going backwards in progress either.   This is what we have, where "***" represents the current location of the first batch.

Nov 6 (very close to getting a tracking number): 

Factory-->China export customs-->InTERcontinental Shipper-->Destination Country(ies)-->Import customs-->Warehouse--***-->InTRAcontinental Shipper-->Customer

Nov 8 Best Case (still has to go through import customs):  

Factory-->China export customs-->InTERcontinental Shipper-->Destination Country(ies)--***-->Import customs-->Warehouse-->InTRAcontinental Shipper-->Customer

Nov 8 Worst Case (still has to go through import customs):  

Factory-->China export customs-->InTERcontinental Shipper--***-->Destination Country(ies)-->Import customs-->Warehouse-->InTRAcontinental Shipper-->Customer

For me it seems like it's going backwards in progress as well. I am really worried about the PandaBearCorgi post above and I hope we will get more information about his/her emails, if Fxtec really makes problems when someone wants to cancel their order then it looks like huge problems. Fxtec could then try to delay bad news as long as possible.

Anyway, I don't know how it is with business packages but I had a personal package sent from China recently by air. It started the journey on 4th and I got it in my hands on 7th, including customs things.

16 minutes ago, kthxbye said:

I was able to cancel with no sweat. Bank transfer is taking forever though, it's been 5 business days and I still do not have a confirmation.

Where abouts are you?  UK that should have cleared straight away for instance.

17 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

Where abouts are you?  UK that should have cleared straight away for instance.

Germany. I already emailed support and apparently their "business bank" requires a director to go there physically and approve every bank transfer. Sounds weird imho, but whatever. At the very least, support is very cooperative.

Edited by kthxbye
9 minutes ago, kthxbye said:

Germany. I already emailed support and apparently their "business bank" requires a director to go there physically and approve every bank transfer. Sounds weird imho, but whatever. At the very least, support is very cooperative.

Depending on how they are doing it yeah they might.  EU should clear quick though maybe they not gone yet!!

It took me a week to transfer money from my bank to theirs, so a bit of patience is needed.

The physical appearance seems to be a safety "feature" to prevent people booking their money back while already receiving a phone. For a small company that would mean a lot of trouble.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

It took me a week to transfer money from my bank to theirs, so a bit of patience is needed.

I realize that, but it's the physical appearance thing that's taking forever. It has been 6 business days with yesterday and they haven't gone to a branch of their bank to initiate the refund.

Hey Community

The title of this thread is "info on production status" . But i find every other infos but nothing about the production status.... 

So, could someone please say if there are any informations about the 2nd batch? About more delay or about where my preordered phone is?? 

Thanks guys

• Like 2
On 11/9/2019 at 10:26 AM, SBurn87 said:

Hey Community

The title of this thread is "info on production status" . But i find every other infos but nothing about the production status.... 

So, could someone please say if there are any informations about the 2nd batch? About more delay or about where my preordered phone is?? 

Thanks guys

Any info on here is really unofficial anyway, so you need to contact [email protected], who should be able to tell you better

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn unpinned and unfeatured this topic