On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

On 2020/6/24 at 午前1時1分, manaofujiwara said:

私はFxtecが事前注文された顧客に対して公平であることを願っています。  

日本では、小売業者は本日、Pro1が7月4日に販売されることを発表しました。  

The release in Japan has also been changed to mid-July.

• Thanks 5

Did Fxtec delay the delivery to Japan in order to be more fair towards pre-orders?

Links Inernational via Google Translator.

Welte.jp says: [Important Note]: This product is a pre-ordered product before completion by an overseas venture company. Delivery, delivery and quality are not guaranteed or guaranteed. There is a risk of significant delays, poor quality, non-delivery and non-refunds. Cancellation fee of 40% will be charged. Should the manufacturer go bankrupt, no compensation or refund will be given.

k-tai.watch updated article and the previous article..

• Thanks 2

On June 8, they said my phone will not be shipped until August and it is not even guaranteed.

Then it is gonna be sold in Japan from early July.

I sent message to their support team after I saw the news, [email protected], but they did no email me back.

How can they betray us like this? I want my money back.

1 hour ago, gogasan said:

Hello.

I've send ETA clarify request 2 days ago to fxtec support. I'm doing it each month, but this time they did not responded. Do we know new shipping eta for preorders?

Not really. The last update indicated that they were trying to get the factory to output one (unknown size) batch every two or three weeks. That's basically 21 days in-between batches. According to the usual thread for informing people they are received, the last "stock assigned" messages were sent June 3 (23 days ago), so they might not have succeeded in getting that deal (or have a small delay in sending new stock assigned messages, in which case we'll know soon enough).

Edited by Raksura
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, Rob. S. said:

To follow up, on a side note, on something I wrote in a now-closed thread about that "PrinCube" Indiegogo campaign where even I was already close to suspecting fraud after the communication had been even worse than here, the first few devices (after all deliveries were promised to be fulfilled before Christmas) have actually been delivered. So, no fraud there, either, although I suspect I won't get my item before March, maybe April. The biggest problem for communication to backers seems to be that the people who started the campaign don't get much feedback from the factory...

Another follow-up in that case, just to counter the impression that Fxtec would be the only company with excessive production and shipping delays. I wrote the above post just before the pandemic hit, and shipments stopped soon after. From their latest estimate it now becomes clear that I won't get my item before October. Perhaps it will be still before Christmas, though - only not Christmas 2019... Oh, and by the way, the option to cancel and get a refund already disappeared months ago, but that of course is because it's Indiegogo, after all...

Yeah, I better get a shipping confirmation soon, though I would be very sad to miss out. Bought the Nokia 7.2 for interim use and while it is very, very nice for the low, low price, the display cannot handle sun but is overly sensitive to accidental operation, say by the case-lid (you can buy a ton of matching cases) or the headphone cable.

• Like 1
2020年6月26日午後7時11分にjlaviは次のように述べています。

Fxtecは、予約購入の公平性を高めるために日本への配達を遅らせましたか?

Google翻訳を介して国際リンク

Welte.jpのコメント:[重要な注意]:この製品は、海外のベンチャー企業による完成前の予約注文済み製品です。配達、配達、品質は保証されていません。大幅な遅延、品質の低下、配送不可、返金不可のリスクがあります40%のキャンセル料がかかりますメーカーが破産した場合、補償や返金は行われませありません

k-tai.watch 更新記事と前の記事。

そのサイトは、それ自体を許可なく代理店と呼ぶことで有名です。

信用しないでください。

Edited by LAMENT
5 hours ago, LAMENT said:

そのサイトは、それ自体を許可なく代理店と呼ぶことで有名です。

信用しないでください。

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Skriv venligst på engelsk, tak!

Nens, aixo no pet ser! Al que LAMENT volia dir, era:

"The site is famous for calling itself an agent without permission.
Don't trust"

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, jlavi said:

The F(x)tec order page says "Shipping worldwide in 10-12 weeks". Has there ever been any other shipping estimate there?

At one point it said summer 2019.

Pre-order must be completed before selling in market.

You would think so.  But the past has shown us this is not the case.  The last time they shipped to retailers (dragonbox and clove) forum users (and others) snapped them up quickly, those with preorders with fxtec then cancelling their order.

But also the past has shown is FxTec is not always accurate with their estimates.  And if that Japanese site isn't even known for reliability, that makes it even less likely.  I doubt they'll have them for sale mid July, and based on someone above saying Fxtec told them they won't get theirs til August, it doesn't seem like Fxtec expects to be done all the backorders by mid July.   

So unless we hear some more information from Fxtec to consider in regards to this, just keep paying attention; if they do happen to go for sale, order quickly, cuz they will likely sell out fast again.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Skriv venligstpåengelsk、tak!

12 hours ago, Jordi said:

ねん、アイクソのペットサー!Al que LAMENT volia dir、時代:

「このサイトは、許可なく自分自身を代理人と呼ぶことで有名です。信用しないでください

I wrote it in Japanese by mistake
Embarrassed and miserable😱

https://www.links.co.jp/2020/06/post-738/

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Craig said:

At one point it said summer 2019.

You would think so.  But the past has shown us this is not the case.  The last time they shipped to retailers (dragonbox and clove) forum users (and others) snapped them up quickly, those with preorders with fxtec then cancelling their order.

But also the past has shown is FxTec is not always accurate with their estimates.  And if that Japanese site isn't even known for reliability, that makes it even less likely.  I doubt they'll have them for sale mid July, and based on someone above saying Fxtec told them they won't get theirs til August, it doesn't seem like Fxtec expects to be done all the backorders by mid July.   

So unless we hear some more information from Fxtec to consider in regards to this, just keep paying attention; if they do happen to go for sale, order quickly, cuz they will likely sell out fast again.

I sent message to their support team, but never answered. All I need is explanation. I hardly imagine this phone really exists.

1 minute ago, Shota said:

I sent message to their support team, but never answered. All I need is explanation. I hardly imagine this phone really exists.

They exist all right, I've had mine more than 6 months.  All good things come to those who wait.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Shota said:

It may happen the system they use thought your message is spam with higher chance if you use your own (or corporate) domain which does not have proper SPF / DKIM records set.

Maybe try to contact them using their web form.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, VaZso said:

Maybe try to contact them using their web form.

Of course I did. They answered once on June 9. Following was their reply.

Unfortunately, we aren’t able to provide precise shipping dates for each order. However, we have surprised a lot of our customers by shipping it earlier than initially expected. Based on the least optimistic estimate, we’ll have your device shipped by August. We’re getting another batch in 2 weeks, but we can’t promise any of our customers, as we simply have a lot of pre-orders to process.

Then Japanese distributer announced they start to sell the phone from July 4. So I asked them by using their web form, but they have not answered yet. I have no idea how they can treat customers paid in advance like this. 

• Like 2
Just now, Craig said:

I wonder who was surprised by getting it earlier than expected.   I'm surprised that happened 😉

I think people are just surprised to get it at all.

• Haha 5