On the pre-production status

13 hours ago, ChopSuey133 said:

Order #292xx, qwertz ordered and paid on August 2nd 2019. Still nothing after 10 months. 

I will ask for a refund now, fed up with it. 

Would you please tell me, where are you from, @ChopSuey133? Just gessing whether the whole batch could have been sent to Germany.. Otherwise I can not understand, why some orders were skipped - e.g. mine or yours.. My only explanation for now is, that the whole batch went to Germany. I am not German.. How about you?

Edited by Swond
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

I am part of the batch and in France, so it's not just for Germans (it is however possible that they send it to France through Germany, that's not uncommon).

I am however getting slightly worried that I have the only QWERTY in that batch. I'll trust them not to have sent the wrong layout, but I can't help wondering. 😄

Edited by Raksura
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Swond said:

Would you please tell me, where are you from, @ChopSuey133? Just gessing whether the whole batch could have been sent to Germany..

It can be a reason - I mean this batch may have been sent to Europe (not only for Germany but also for "nearby" countries) and you (who have lower order numbers without notice) may live at other parts of the globe.

1 hour ago, VaZso said:

It can be a reason - I mean this batch may have been sent to Europe (not only for Germany but also for "nearby" countries) and you (who have lower order numbers without notice) may live at other parts of the globe.

Well this might be a reason, BUT!! I am from Czech Republic. And that is not the opposit side of the globe - we even have quite long borders with Germany 😄 😄 We are neighbors 😄 😄

Edited by Swond
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Swond said:

Would you please tell me, where are you from, @ChopSuey133? Just gessing whether the whole batch could have been sent to Germany.. Otherwise I can not understand, why some orders were skipped - e.g. mine or yours.. My only explanation for now is, that the whole batch went to Germany. I am not German.. How about you?

I am from Austria. I think there is no logic behind who gets their phone in what batch. 

But on the flip side support already wrote me that the refund is in progess. 

• Thanks 2
On 5/28/2020 at 11:15 AM, CornholioGSM said:

😞...i got reply now...again nothing tellig "few weeks & update soon" message 😞

Bez názvu.png

Nice to see you here @CornholioGSM. I would have delivered you first. My whole family and friends (and myself) owe you a lot.
I cancelled my order a long time ago because I was not satisfied with the communication from FxTec and the price for the device is now too high. Sadly I now have a more modern mobile phone for 200€ - unfortunately without keyboard.

Greeting
Dany

c669e4fa-33e2-4cf2-994d-878358f03abf.jpg

Edited by Dany303
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, BlackBerry phones are dead soon. That is, even the latest ones will stop receiving any official security updates. With locked bootloader, we cannot simply do it for ourselves. (Well, we can use a chainloading hack at the cost of boot time…) Having no security updates is no-go for me.

This is the reason why I am ordering a new phone. Pro1 is not perfect (I would have to unlock the bootloader and flash a GSI or so), but the issues have a solution.

I am not going to wait much more. Currently, I am exploring a plan B with an external keyboard.

Since about February I decided to close the tab on my browser session that was permanently open on this topic. I stopped using the forum altogether. Today another "wait a little longer" email came through. Decided to check things out here. Good to know some of us (not me yet) got a stock assigned email. So we're still moving along.

Power to the keyboard!

• Like 4
20 hours ago, Dany303 said:

Nice to see you here @CornholioGSM. I would have delivered you first. My whole family and friends (and myself) owe you a lot.
I cancelled my order a long time ago because I was not satisfied with the communication from FxTec and the price for the device is now too high. Sadly I now have a more modern mobile phone for 200€ - unfortunately without keyboard.

Greeting
Dany

c669e4fa-33e2-4cf2-994d-878358f03abf.jpg

I agree, I used my modded photon q for the longest time thanks to him. Just for dev purposes, he should get first access

On 6/5/2020 at 1:24 PM, PiLe88 said:

#48*** is on it's way. At 9.06 should be in my hands. 

On 6/7/2020 at 9:49 AM, SimonTemplar said:

What ever happened to #48***?

When was it ordered, payed for, is it QWERTZ?

Yep, how is this even possible????? 48.000 when many of 30k were not fulfilled at all? 😮 😮

On 6/8/2020 at 1:10 PM, Swond said:

Yep, how is this even possible

I don't know if that still holds, but beside the obvious criteria, most obviously date of purchase, since those corona-caused supply shortages also type of keyboard, specific shippings sometimes were also being grouped by destination region. And whatever it was – although I suppose Fxtec really tried, it became clear quite soon that they couldn't really guarantee that shippings unfailingly follow date of purchase (it never was order number anyway, but in this case it is obvious that there must be many #3xxxx orders still open which were paid before any #48xxx order, too, mine being one of them, as I paid order #36xxx the day I placed it, if I remember correctly).

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, over-rave said:

My order number is qwerety of 29xxx.

When I inquire about when to ship, there is no reply.

We made a reservation in early August 2019, and payment is settled on that day.

Same here bro...they are careless now.

I have also paid in august 2019.

Edited by Bruce Wayne
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, Bruce Wayne said:

Same here bro...they are careless now.

I have also paid in august 2019.

I does look like they have major problems dealing with processing and logistics. That or they are trying to make it look like relatively recent orders are being processed cause they just can't match production to the volume of back orders.

I want to believe it's the former. I mean those guys are all sitting in London and since the pandemic all they can do is get China on the phone to see what's going on.

Unfortunately the pandemy is leaving away and those brave people, who still trust them and waited for such a long time were now just overpassed by new orders. I can understand what can be the reason (as you said, they wanna look like the production works), but I am absolutely against it, because all our preorders are pending. And again.. (seems like a fairy tail) there are no informations from the team, what is going on. I am very very sad and frustrated (as we all are, i guess!). Lets start betting, ha? 😄 Maybe a poll function may work for this 😄

• Haha 1
On 6/16/2020 at 11:47 AM, Swond said:

Unfortunately the pandemy is leaving away and those brave people, who still trust them and waited for such a long time were now just overpassed by new orders. I can understand what can be the reason (as you said, they wanna look like the production works), but I am absolutely against it, because all our preorders are pending. And again.. (seems like a fairy tail) there are no informations from the team, what is going on. I am very very sad and frustrated (as we all are, i guess!). Lets start betting, ha? 😄 Maybe a poll function may work for this 😄

you will get your devices faster - I just cancelled the rest of my order ;D

have fun waiting, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that everyone here gets a device.