On the pre-production status

I think we are all waiting patiently for the phone of our dreams and it has been delayed (which is driving me nuts as I declined my upgrade in the thought of getting this bad boy in my hands by Oct) but I am trying to remind myself that the wait will be worth it. I work as an assistant to 6 people and am continuously away from my desk and work a lot with excel, which is why I loved my blackberry back in the day. Do not get me confused I really hope it comes out soon as my current device is possessed by tech gremlins and has a habit of just shutting down or not holding a charge.

Basically a bit of patience and we should all get a phone which is bossin the way straight out of the box. None of us want to spend time trying to fix bugs or issues when we get our new phones. @AnnieC I think you are right in regards to them not realising how much was going to be poured in and maybe they were a little eager with the release date... Lets just hope we all get a phone for Christmas! 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, robert.prior1985 said:

@AnnieC I think you are right in regards to them not realising how much was going to be poured in and maybe they were a little eager with the release date... Lets just hope we all get a phone for Christmas! 🙂 

I hope you all get your phones before Christmas! Unfortunately I couldn't afford to pay 650 Euros for a phone that doesn't really exist yet. I saw first hand how hard it is to manufacture a new phone, even for a companies with a lot of resources and experience like Nokia (before selling the brand) and I was afraid to pre-order.

• Like 1

FYI, As a Moto Mod Indiegogo backer, with a preorder number of 1008X, and having paid immediately on July 31st, I emailed info@fxtec for an update.

Was advised that I am not part of the first batch (small batch was emphasized), and that my "batch" is expected to be ready mid November, but won't arrive in my hands until December.

Patience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, windraver said:

FYI, As a Moto Mod Indiegogo backer, with a preorder number of 1008X, and having paid immediately on July 31st, I emailed info@fxtec for an update.

Was advised that I am not part of the first batch (small batch was emphasized), and that my "batch" is expected to be ready mid November, but won't arrive in my hands until December.

Patience.

Similar case for me (a bit higher number in preorder, but not much behind). I have waited with my preorder here as was suggested.
I have received my IGG voucher on the 2nd of April, preordered 2 and a quarter hours later, received payment request on 1st of August and payed it two minutes later.

I have asked support on 4th of November and they wrote me a similar answer with expected shipment in mid-november and delivery by the end of the month...

I hope second batch will really cover most of preorders here and also hope third batch may have some more phones as stock for Christmas sale in December.
(So I hope they can fulfill all their orders till early December to have a chance of sales / arrival before Christmas, but I don't know if it is even possible...)

3 hours ago, AnnieC said:

I hope you all get your phones before Christmas! Unfortunately I couldn't afford to pay 650 Euros for a phone that doesn't really exist yet. I saw first hand how hard it is to manufacture a new phone, even for a companies with a lot of resources and experience like Nokia (before selling the brand) and I was afraid to pre-order.

Hope you will get one when its available :)

5 hours ago, windraver said:

Patience.

moto mod backer, paid august 1 with Order #1102x. also patiently waiting. sorry to hear that you're also not in the first batch but its good to know i'm not the only one.

9 hours ago, windraver said:

Patience.

So, it only took them 7 days to delay phones that much? Nice. On 5th November I got reply that third batch will be delivered to customers by the end of November. Now it seems that even second batch won't be delivered by the end of November. Now I wonder if third batch will even arrive in 2019. Instead of getting closer to shipping other batches, we are getting further away from it. Nice, one week of waiting, two weeks of delay. Maybe the phone will be shipped in 2021, who knows?

As usual, Fxtec ignores us all and they still didn't even admit that they delays here. 2 weeks after "shipping date" people still don't have their tracking numbers and it's "according to plans" for Fxtec. What Fxtec does disgusts me.

Edited by Gon009

Since those mid-November announcements I am crossing my fingers that we will receive our devices before Christmas.

Currently it seems like less than 50% that this will actually happen. Let's wait for an official update (@Erik? ;)), but I'm not holding my breath..

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, A Dude said:

Let's wait for an official update (@Erik? ;)), but I'm not holding my breath..

"On a side note, please be aware that I do not represent the PR or communications team - I am a techie at Fxtec involved in design/development. My responses might be imperfect, but I provide information to the best of my knowledge. The comms team does not usually get involved with the forum..." Erik, Nov.1st, evening

"There is nobody posting official Updates in this Forum at all." Doktor Oswaldo, Nov.6th, AM

This was originally intended as a user-to-user help forum, not as a channel for 'official' updates (more's the pity).  So if you want something from Fx, it's best to email them directly, [email protected].

Edited by Tim6263

If I were in their shoes, I also would focus very very heavily on delivering all these devices so that I would be able to start selling to the general customer. Because at this point, all these unfulfilled orders have already "paid" and are they aren't making any money unless they sell and deliver for general availability. I'm unaware what their "break even" point is but hopefully its not too high a bar where they can continue to make devices like Pro2 or even a Pro3.

My other guess is they aren't big enough to produce high capacities and don't have enough demand to do so either. Higher production capacities increases costs thus I would also guess that they wouldn't stay afloat if they met this pre-order demand at any higher rates. Unfortunately this means we have to wait but it also means that they won't go out of business and screw us all over. I've followed other "kickstarter" or "indiegogo" campaigns where their poor financial management and over promising resulted in them folding and failing to deliver the product. Hardware is hard and as long as they are afloat then they can deliver. Even if it takes more time. And its better that at least we'll eventually get a phone rather than them going bankrupt from excessive expenses to ramp up production.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tim6263 said:

[...] This was originally intended as a user-to-user help forum, not as a channel for 'official' updates (more's the pity).  [...]

Yet, I guess, Erik is as official as it gets. (Plus I am way too lazy to annoy their support with nonsense like delivery time speculation.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Where are the guys which protected fx team in September and said "why you guys cannot be patient and just wait one more week?"

July -> September -> late September-> early October -> Nov -> ???

They do not respect their customers at all.

2 minutes ago, A Dude said:

image.thumb.png.54d1970c8d0694f06845259e5fb55176.png

Kinda funny, how "parallel" the Cosmo Communicator "forum" is 🙂

Except that when they said they shipped people actually got tracking numbers and devices within days, so complaining about the cosmo really is whining at this point!

3 hours ago, kin9 said:

Where are the guys which protected fx team in September and said "why you guys cannot be patient and just wait one more week?"

July -> September -> late September-> early October -> Nov -> ???

They do not respect their customers at all.

Maybe most of us got tired of saying the same thing over and over to the same people:

This is a startup, with a lot of things out of their control, doing a device of a type no one has offered for many years.

Why is it that people do not find it odd that a company as huge and experienced as Samsung could announce their foldable device to come "next year" for five years, and when it finally was announced it took half a year for it to become available, after cancelling all their pre-orders. And on the other hand expects Fxtec, to predict every obstacle, and work smoothly by the plan?

Sure their communication has not been stellar, but get real.

If you want a finished product, you might save yourself a lot of grief, by not doing pre-orders

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Just now, EskeRahn said:

Why is it that people do not find it odd that a company as huge and experienced as Samsung could announce their foldable device to come "next year" for five years, and when it finally was announced it took half a year for it to become available, after cancelling all their pre-orders. And on the other hand expects Fxtec, to predict every obstacle, and work smoothly by the plan?

Yes, they had delays - but never opened pre-orders and took money as far as I noticed, or?

1 minute ago, A Dude said:

I have to admit, I was really tempted by this device. If they had put in a (centered) OLED screen instead... Or if that opening-mechanism would support "360" degrees to convert it into a Jobs Slab..

You mean the Cosmo? Yeah, as I usually say to people that want to buy a laptop today, I find it hard to argue for a device hinge-folding in 2019 that can not fold all the way (that is with a double hinge). If you buy a laptop today, it ought to be similar to e.g. the many Lenovos Yoga-models. The Cosmo would have been much more interesting that way, and they could ditch the external screen.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Maybe most of us got tired of saying the same thing over and over to the same people:

This is a startup, with a lot of things out of their control, doing a device of a type no one has offered for many years.

Sure their communication has not been stellar, but get real.

If you want a finished product, you might save your self a lot of grief, by not doing pre-orders

Ok but what about the units that allegedly shipped to asian backers on the 29th? How is there not even a twitter mention? Did the units get lost in transit? Were the lucky asian people suddenly kidnapped? Or did they not ship?

How in the world do you classify that as "not stellar". It's becoming hard to not see it as a straight up lie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, A Dude said:

Yes, they had delays - but never opened pre-orders and took money as far as I noticed, or?

They did take pre-orders, and cancelled all of them. I do not know if they took and refunded money. But as they are just a tad bigger than FxTec, they are likely to be able to finance the production for their own money.

Sure FxTec could have tried to lend the money for that somewhere - but that would be raising the cost and thus the price....