On the pre-production status

On 11/19/2019 at 7:56 PM, damion said:

I paid for a Cosmo communicator significantly more than 4 months ago and I still see no device.

Ok I actually just received an email saying it's shipped :-}  So I guess I'll be playing with that keyboard wielding phone before the pro1

• Haha 3
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

6 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

Amount of feedback has no bearing on buyer protection. eBay's policy on the buyer getting the item they paid for as described is very good. Further protection available if you use PayPal and even another layer still if you use a credit card.

I wouldn't be concerned about purchasing from there, but at the same time I'm concerned someone somehow jumped the line

Previously (at the least) your protection was practically non-existing (except from the credit card company) for sellers with a reputation less than 100. I'm not aware that should have changed, but might be wrong.

7 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Previously (at the least) your protection was practically non-existing (except from the credit card company) for sellers with a reputation less than 100. I'm not aware that should have changed, but might be wrong.

well i have bought tons of stuff from ebay over the last many year.

i never had any bad experience, no where near as with this FX Tec

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, kashif said:

well i have bought tons of stuff from ebay over the last many year.

i never had any bad experience, no where near as with this FX Tec

I have lost quite a bit of money on ebay on that account (more than the price of a Pro1...). If you use Paypal (as I usually do), they are seen as a 'bank' in the sense that their buyer protection replaces the buyer protection you normally have in Denmark (and AFAIK the entire EU) when buying with credit cards. It is not on top of it.

So since that nasty experience I ALWAYS ensures that it is a seller with enough feedback - unless it is trifle stuff say less than £10

...And you can add to that all the trouble to get a refund when the buyer never delivers. What I hear in here is that those that requests a refund gets it promptly. So your claimed "bad experience" in here seems limited to poor communication...

Is there any official update on second batch.  Last update in the official thread has people from 2nd batch receiving phones by end of November.  Did anyone from 2nd batch even receive stock allocation yet let alone delivery? My positive attitude is starting to shift and the Star Wars edition Note 10+ is starting to look good to me lol.  Is Erik going to wait until last day of November to give us new word it will "ship by end of week" again?  What's going on?  Communication?  

• Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Is there any official update on second batch.  Last update in the official thread has people from 2nd batch receiving phones by end of November.  Did anyone from 2nd batch even receive stock allocation yet let alone delivery? My positive attitude is starting to shift and the Star Wars edition Note 10+ is starting to look good to me lol.  Is Erik going to wait until last day of November to give us new word it will "ship by end of week" again?  What's going on?  Communication?  

They are coming :).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 1
32 minutes ago, Erik said:

They are coming :).

Being a south american client, I wonder if my pro1 will be shipped directly from Hong Kong..? Or will it go through the US first? Order# in the 15XXX's, but no Indiegogo and took maybe a couple days to make payment.

Thanks

• Like 1
Just now, Spocchio said:

So, another time there is a delay and they don't know when second batch will shipped...

How is it possibile?

Well, I work with International Trade and can fully understand this.
Even though it seems that they are experiencing every setback on the book... It is totally possible (and even probable if you don't have any previous experience). Add to that the current US Customs rules' hardening... That surely didn't help at all either.

• Thanks 5

Erik stated in today's update that

"We are on track for general availability by Christmas, which of course means all pre-orders will be completed by then."

What exactly is considered a pre-order and Is my order a pre-order then? I bought the phone on October 6 for the old prize of 650€ and I got the order number #38xxx. 

Edited by bollstedt
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, bollstedt said:

What exactly is considered a pre-order and Is my order a pre-order then?

It was stated before that any order before general availability (when they can ship in 1-3 1-2 days after order) is considered a pre-order, I am not 100% sure where but if I recall somewhere in this very (and very long) thread. (Edit) I have tracked down the post i remembered:

Edited by netman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
31 minutes ago, agent008 said:

That still leaves you in the same group as every non-US customer.... waiting for them to sort out the "export customs" nightmare.

Well not quite, being within the EU. There are (as I understand it) three groups: EU, US, 'Rest of the world'.

• Thanks 1

I totally feel for all the frustrated guys who have been waiting eagerly for so long for this phone, but seriously - there are people who have received their precioussss, so get a grip. It's not a fraud, Your phone is coming! I'll likely order mine after new year sometime, when there's no pressure and wait times have eased down. I'm also a bit hopeful that all the internals being a year older, maybe the price will drop a notch too :)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Krzysieq said:

I totally feel for all the frustrated guys who have been waiting eagerly for so long for this phone, but seriously - there are people who have received their precioussss, so get a grip. It's not a fraud, Your phone is coming! I'll likely order mine after new year sometime, when there's no pressure and wait times have eased down. I'm also a bit hopeful that all the internals being a year older, maybe the price will drop a notch too 🙂

Frustration/anger is the natural healthy reaction to being told something is 'just around the corner' time and time again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

While kashif's message may be over the top, and I'm glad that the devices are not outright fraud, the delays do have a habit of piling up frustrations in excited users.

Last few times we were in this spot, we had weeks of radio silence from Fxtec. At least this time waxberry and such have given Erik something to calm us ravening hoardes :jkbutjustbarelycausewewantitnow:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Maplesteel said:

While kashif's message may be over the top, and I'm glad that the devices are not outright fraud, the delays do have a habit of piling up frustrations in excited users.

Last few times we were in this spot, we had weeks of radio silence from Fxtec. At least this time waxberry and such have given Erik something to calm us ravening hoardes :jkbutjustbarelycausewewantitnow:

Your Hash tag is kiiling me! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Glad I set my expectations to getting the phone some time before Christmas. Assuming the same shipping time as the first batch, and if they're sent this week, I should be getting it in week 51, the week before Christmas. If they slip past Friday, it'll be week 52.

I don't really see how they expect to get the second batch to customers then, but also have general availability then. Only way to get that is to send enough phones this week to fulfill all pre-orders and have enough for general availability, effectively negating the whole batch idea.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

effectively negating the whole batch idea.

Why?  As far as I know there is no operational definition for a batch being a precise number of units.  You can have a very big batch.

• Like 1