The COViD19 Coronavirus, consequences and discussion, related to the Pro1 and in general

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

China has shut down all the public transportation at the moment to slow/stop the spread the virus.  China has also extent it's national holiday for the Chinese New Year.  There are still qui

Today my country (United States) and State (Michigan) have basically cancelled EVERYTHING. International shipping, public events, school....you name it, it's cancelled. First it was masks, and now peo

Funny that some of us can't do that because the production of that device has been interrupted by the virus itself...

Posted Images

I have no idea where it is manufactured but fyi, bleach kills everything. Ebola, HIV, everything.

On another note, it looks like the coronavirus has an estimated 2 days lifespan so I guess waiting a month would do the trick. Likely it'll be dead by the team it reaches you due to shipping.

Reference on Corona virus: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2863430/

• Thanks 4
1 hour ago, windraver said:

I have no idea where it is manufactured but fyi, bleach kills everything. Ebola, HIV, everything.

On another note, it looks like the coronavirus has an estimated 2 days lifespan so I guess waiting a month would do the trick. Likely it'll be dead by the team it reaches you due to shipping.

Reference on Corona virus: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2863430/

Bleach turns almost everything it touches to loose molecules, given the chance. Microbes, skin, towels, hot tubs, everything. It will destroy its own plastic jug if you let it sit in it long enough. I think the only household thing that doesn't react with it at all is glass. That's why I so rarely use it, but I don't deny it has its uses. Destroying undesirable microbes is a very good application. :)

However, your observation about 2 day shelf life is very comforting. It is an interesting coincidence that some of the viruses most dangerous to living organisms have very short lifespans outside of them.

I just got my Pro1 from HK today. Got FedEx shipping notification on Wednesday saying it should be there on Monday but it was there by Friday already. That was a shipment to Germany outside Frankfurt. I'm still ok but then again it's 5 days incubation 😁

The phone itself is just awesome. Thanks FxTec!

• Like 3
5 hours ago, lameboyadvance said:

FedEx says my Pro1 has been stuck at "LANTAU ISLAND, HK" since the 23rd (now 24th here). Hope this isn't the reason...

As far as I can tell from when mine was shipped, Lantau Island is the main air freight terminal and it is not uncommon for the phone to spend a couple of days there. In fact, if it doesn't get loaded and moving today, you will likely not see any change until Monday.  On the other hand, once it does leave, it should move pretty fast.

• Like 1

mine cleared today and I got this message from fedex:

Clearance issues have been resolved for your package from EXPANSYS (HONG KONG) LIMITED. Shipment has been released for delivery.

Thus meaning that our devices were stuck in customs, not due to a viral outbreak.

China has shut down all the public transportation at the moment to slow/stop the spread the virus. 

China has also extent it's national holiday for the Chinese New Year. 

There are still quite a few days until the official holiday ends, we will see how things goes in the next few days and will react accordingly. Luckily I got myself back a few days before the mass spread of the virus and the lock down of the different areas. (Otherwise I will be locked into somewhere for 14 days lol)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
1 hour ago, SchattengestaIt said:

Well, I still didn't receive my phone and considering the virus I don't know when I will. February doesn't sound realistic to me.

No No No...not ONLY the Virus...

First it is all about the terrorism and the fu*****g climate change and now this virus....All is so horrible.

**Written by fxtec from Shenzen Golf Court Hole 16 with my Smasung Note 10** 😄 😄 😄 😄

• Confused 3

The virus outbreak is hitting China very hard. Everything is shut down for at least another week in the hope of stopping it from spreading. Somewhere between 10,000 and 100,000 are infected and it doesn't look like it's slowing down much. It's looking pretty grim... I wouldn't make any plans revolving around getting a new Pro1 within the next month or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry Off Topic. Admin may delete if he like.

You maybe know that it is only a very good promoted "Breaking News" Virus...Every Day new Statistics and new NEWS.

Last year only in Germany 25.000 people died through the Influenca Virus.

But Influenca is not a Breaking News anymore it is known and standart. The only thing on Corona is the fact it is "NEW".

5 hours ago, PanicBrothers said:

You maybe know that it is only a very good promoted "Breaking News" Virus...Every Day new Statistics and new NEWS.

But Influenca is not a Breaking News anymore it is known and standart. The only thing on Corona is the fact it is "NEW".

You are right about this and I fully agree with the influenza comparison. But this doesn't change the fact that the factory is closed.

Edited by SchattengestaIt
Spelling
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, PanicBrothers said:

While you may be right in stating that some news tend to be exaggerated, the 25,000 fatalities in Germany's 2018/2019 flu season were an extreme outlier. Between 1998 and 2015, the number of deaths through influenza varied between 66 and 447 per season. The coronavirus outbreak is something completely different, and it is definitely no fun – just as the SARS outbreak in 2002/2003 wasn't, which it has already topped in dangerousness.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, PanicBrothers said:

The official number of dead that's being reported from China is about as accurate as a flat earth theory.

Once it gets outside out China, expect the number of dead to rise astronomically. 

Stay safe out there guys. We live in interesting times. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

While you may be right in stating that some news tend to be exaggerated, the 25,000 fatalities in Germany's 2018/2019 flu season were an extreme outlier. Between 1998 and 2015, the number of deaths through influenza varied between 66 and 447 per season. The coronavirus outbreak is something completely different, and it is definitely no fun – just as the SARS outbreak in 2002/2003 wasn't, which it has already topped in dangerousness.

On a global scale, that number doesn't fluctuate as much. We are talking about ~300.000-650.000 deaths worldwide that have been caused by the influenza virus(es).

Although Corona does seem to be slightly deadlier, it doesn't seem to spread as fast as expected.

As of now, less then 500 people died by the virus, which isn't much in a 1 billion people country. But it's the right attitude to prevent it from spreading further, even if it's difficult.

To get back to topic: I fully understand the actions by China, but I do also understand people who waited half a year and accept paying 100 bucks more for a phone off ebay.

It is not a global phenomenon (yet), so applying a "global scale" to the numbers can only serve to downplay the phenomenon. And "country" is not a valid benchmark, either, as countries tend to arbitrarily differ in area and population – in China, only a relatively small part of the country is highly affected, whereas the area would include all of Germany and more, if the hot spot would have been in Germany.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:03 AM, PanicBrothers said:

Well it is doubtfully true that Influenza currently has a higher death-toll.
The current corona outbreak also only kills old people and people with poor health like Influenza.

But there is a huge difference between the two. Influenza is a unstable, fast paced virus. It does mutate by errors while copying its RNA.
The corona-viruses on the other hand, all have the same ancestor and are here longer than humans. They do mix with other corona virus and do have an error correction.
This makes them really stable. Once they have evolved enough to really target humans, it could be way more dangerous than influenza.

The reason isolation is soooo important is not only to stop the spreading, but to don't give the virus a chance to adapt weapons against other viruses and a wide range of antibodies.

This is all no reason for a panic like the media does make it, but it is a serious task for medical agencies around the globe

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
On 2/5/2020 at 5:13 AM, Doktor Oswaldo said:

The current corona outbreak also only kills old people and people with poor health like Influenza.

It seems like it only kills old people and people with poor health quickly. Those that are young and in good health just take a lot longer to die. The Chinese doctor who leaked news of the new virus to fellow medical professionals died today at only 34 years old, after being symptomatic for over 3 weeks.

Again, sorry if this is offtopic so I will come back to the original point: Despite the massive quarantine efforts going on and huge amount of money being spent to contain this virus, it seems pretty bad and only getting worse. I wouldn't count on the factory re-opening within the next month, and we have no idea how long it may actually take.