Games - What do you play on your Pro1?

1 hour ago, itsdevilslettuce said:

Sound on the other hand is total trash. I'm pretty sure its due to whatever causes crackling within some other apps

I also have a feeling audio rendering could be improved a lot. I'm afraid that's a problem typical of such start-up projects, they most certainly don't have a team of audio engineers working on fine tuning the user experience.

Still they managed to fix that stereo issue in that now withdrawn OTA update. I'm hopefull things will improve, given enough time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see, there are a number of games I play on the Pro1   Where Is the Setting Game How Do I Make This Stop Search Game What Does This Do Challenge The Volume Game Puzzl

So... This happened :)))  

Since the keyboard driver is now fixed I can play whatever I want. Most likely I will stick with nostalgic platform games like Sonic and Mario.  

Posted Images

Supertuxkart is fun.  But it seems you gotta leave the steering wheel on the screen for keyboard controls to fully work.    Most other games I've tried there is some way to turn off the screen controls/overlay stuff except this one.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 4:27 PM, 3zet said:

RVGL - Port of Re-Volt game engine. Works perfectly with keyboard!

Wow, this is interesting - does it have multi-player capabilities?

Anyway, do not have that much time to play with this phone properly and test things out, but I am happy that the games that I ported from previous phone, works:

Creature Quest & Clash of Clans.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, glic said:

Wow, this is interesting - does it have multi-player capabilities?

Yep, works online and you can race with PC clients of RVGL. There is even huge scene of that game, even with tournaments! Many people play with phones.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 3zet said:

Yep, works online and you can race with PC clients of RVGL. There is even huge scene of that game, even with tournaments! Many people play with phones.

multiplayer with PC is selling point to me - will have to check that out. I have played it PC single player and it was fun on its own and thought that with other people it might be even more fun.

• Like 2
On 3/16/2020 at 9:27 AM, 3zet said:

RVGL - Port of Re-Volt game engine. Works perfectly with keyboard!

Good recommendation.  I just gave this game a try, it's pretty fun, and yep you can turn the onscreen "Button Opacity" to 0% and just use keyboard,with a little remapping its great!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/604480379772207115/694664701694705685/Screenshot_20200331-144545_RVGL.png

A sidenote to anyone who decides to try this game, you can't just install the apk, gotta follow the install directions on the site to install the game-data manually.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • 1 month later...

I wanted to play some few really nice J2ME games so I installed J2ME from Play Store. 

Tankzors and Gravity Defied are still good games! 😄 

EDIT: Gravity Defied is also available on F-Droid repository with all level packs 😮

Edited by 3zet
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, NokiaN900Nerd said:

Surprisingly quiet here, considering that gaming with a keyboard should be perfect. How is the situation with emulation now? I remember that pressing several buttons was a problem at a certain point, has that been fixed? 

Yeah stock fixed that in the March update.  

It's not has comfortable as a controller, especially when you have to hold a button down the whole game (like gas in racing games) and when you have more than one other button to press it's awkward.  For example in stk sometimes I wanna push nitro sometimes I wanna push my weapon, all while holding the gas pedal (and steering with my other thumb).

Yesterday I finally won a Bronze Cup in rvgl.  Completed all levels in Supertux a while ago (wish someone would build 0.61 for android).   Few days ago I played some online SuperTuxKart and got last place every time.

Edited by Craig
25 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's not has comfortable as a controller, especially when you have to old a button down the whole game (like gas in racing games) and when you have more than one other button to press it's awkward

Can you show your keyboard bindings in games? 

24 minutes ago, 3zet said:

Can you show your keyboard bindings in games? 

As a matter of fact, scroll up half a page, you'll see a screenshot of my rvgl setup; I use similar for other games.

And here's Supertux:

Screenshot_20200513-084113_SuperTux.png

With Supertux, what i find awkward is up/down, fortunately don't have to do that much.   But in first-person type games where you often go up/down as well as left/right, I'd imagine it's fairly awkward.  wasd is not better when using thumbs.     Sonic CD doesn't let you change keyboard controls and its wasd...

Edited by Craig
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Craig

Sorry for writing now but I needed to paint it at home 😄 

Try this layout, much more reassembles some handheld console.  I'm using only this one and honestly - I don't need any attachments for the keyboard. 

Pro1-Product-New2v8.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 8:12 AM, Adrienspawn said:

Just tried Animal Crossing but the original N64 translated from Japanese (Animal Forest) although the inventory system is bugged. Looks great though.

I heard there was a major updater for Citra (3DS emulator) on Android, so it might be worth trying New Leaf.

MicroJava virtual machine works great with almost any game 😄

Gish in attachment. There is only problem with the background - game is made for portrait 240x320 but I run it in 320x240. 

98053963_2355571771402328_8290587178333896704_n.png

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Well PUBG Mobile is (or at least was) famous for matching you up with bots in the beginning....

Obviously, that was just a joke 😄. I knew that I was playing mostly with bots.

1 hour ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Nothing to do with the pro1, since the keyboard does not work there.

Actually PUBG supports keyboard but it is not very practical on Pro1 since you can't remap the keys. You could use third party apps for remapping but you might end up being banned 🤷‍♂️.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...