PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion

If I actively try to put it to sleep with the power button, and not just wait for it to time out, it most often boots...
I had a suspicion to Greenify, that acts in this scenario, but stopping it before, does not change the behaviour.

ADD: Tried to disable the Accessibility of any apps granted that (3C battery monitor, Greenify, Android Assistant) - no difference.

Any logs that could benefit anyone before I wipe it clean?

Went one step further and stopped every user app running, and found the culprit AutoNotification, that came in with my backup from Stock, after uninstall, and reenabling everything else, it seems to have eliminated the boot on power-press bug. 🙂 (The same app on AICP-Q is not causing any issues though, and was present on 16.0 too before)
It is not missed on Lineage, so more of an academic interest how it can have this profound effect.
ADD: Reinstalling it does NOT bring back the bug??? Uninstalled it again, in the hope that it will become stable,,,,

ADD II: Well that alone did not do it, currently I suspect Greenify also to cause problems. It is better without the above, but removing one and not both does NOT fix the problem.

• Like 2
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah that sound the problem several have encountered with the earpiece. It seems to be a mechanical issue, try to check if the display part is tight together at the earpiece end. Some have reported that

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu. Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1 OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.o

Updated yesterday via sideload with nano opengapps and Magisk. No problems so far, even banking apps with nfc payments are working! 😀

Posted Images

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Went one step further and stopped every user app running, and found the culprit AutoNotification, that came in with my backup from Stock, after uninstall, and reenabling everything else, it seems to have eliminated the boot on power-press bug. 🙂 (The same app on AICP-Q is not causing any issues though, and was present on 16.0 too before)
It is not missed on Lineage, so more of an academic interest how it can have this profound effect.
ADD: Reinstalling it does NOT bring back the bug??? Uninstalled it again, in the hope that it will become stable,,,,

In the past, I usually ran in to the issues if I recovered a backup from older Android version to newer (9 -> 10). Android does not handle backups very well so every time I install new Android version I start from scratch. I don't know if that was the reason on your case.

• Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

if I recovered a backup from older Android version to newer (9 -> 10).

Thanks for the tip. Could well be related.

It works fine on AICP-Q though, restoring Google's own extremely limited backup (from Stock Pie). The difference is that I upgraded 16.0 to 17.1 without a wipe, but I did do a wipe from 16.0 to AICP-Q, before the restore through the wizard.
So could be some settings from 16.0 that survived. For now it seems stable after the AutoNotification uninstall, will report back after some time if it is merely luck that it has not booted (yet), or I found the culprit...

• Like 2

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu.

Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1

OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.org/

Magisk installer zip https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v20.4

adb root
adb reboot sideload
adb sideload lineage-17.1-20201116-nightly-pro1-signed.zip

waited a few minutes, then after reboot to bootloader
Advanced -> Reboot to Recovery
after reboot
Apply Update -> Apply from ADB

adb sideload open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20201121.zip
adb sideload Magisk-v20.4.zip

Reboot and everything (except the clock widget) is working fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
On 11/20/2020 at 2:06 AM, EskeRahn said:

ADD II: Well that alone did not do it, currently I suspect Greenify also to cause problems. It is better without the above, but removing one and not both does NOT fix the problem.

Greenify caught my eye (maybe because it's highlighted 🙂)... haven't used that app since Android 6/7 or so! Does it actually have any benefits on these recent versions of Android? I thought the "native" power management had made it quite obsolete by now...

• Like 1

I saw one reference earlier in the thread to banking apps working fine. Has anyone else tried out other apps with security requirements? I'm specifically of enterprise provisioning stuff like Microsoft Intune Company Portal. I'm actually using my Pro1 for work (THIS IS WHAT KEYBOARDS ARE MADE FOR!!) and I don't want to switch from stock to 17.1 or any custom ROM if it can't support Intune... 

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me if and why LoS 18 will ever achieve official status? I'm thinking of flashing my wife's phone with 18 if it can/will achieve official status in the future. And if I had a Pro1  myself I would open a LoS 18 topic myself 🥴.

Otherwise I'll just update to 17.1. But when official LoS 18 is just a matter of time, I'll just go straight to 18.

35 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Can someone explain to me if and why LoS 18 will ever achieve official status? I'm thinking of flashing my wife's phone with 18 if it can/will achieve official status in the future. And if I had a Pro1  myself I would open a LoS 18 topic myself 🥴.

Otherwise I'll just update to 17.1. But when official LoS 18 is just a matter of time, I'll just go straight to 18.

LOS 18.0 build for Pro1 can not be official until Lineage OS team has released LOS 18.0 officially in general. LOS 17.1 became official in April 2020 but I think that this time it might happen sooner. LOS has recently reached full force after rebranding (Cyanogen Inc. saga)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 12/1/2020 at 12:27 AM, jamescarruthers said:

OTA update via Settings is incredibly quick now! Did that change from LOS 16 to LOS 17 or earlier?

Oh was not aware they got that working in finiate time. Maybe I will try that next week. 😁

EDIT 20201207: Still only total, not incremental 😒

25 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-17.1-20201207-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on November security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload)

Also worked fine via OTA with GApps and Magisk installed.

Had some hopes for the HAL qcom_audio fixes in the changelog, but they don't affect my car/bluetooth issues.

• Like 1
Just now, Wheeljack said:

Also worked fine via OTA with GApps and Magisk installed.

Had some hopes for the HAL qcom_audio fixes in the changelog, but they don't affect my car/bluetooth issues.

Forgot that it is supposed to do incremental now, so flashed back to 20201130, and tried OTA, and it only presented me with a 720MB full package, so will manually flash it to 20201207.... 😒

6 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

Still not incremental but definitely faster than with LOS 16.

Interesting. I wonder if the priority is higher with the 17.1 implementation when "priortise update processs" is deselected? Or have you enabled this?

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Forgot that it is supposed to do incremental now, so flashed back to 20201130, and tried OTA, and it only presented me with a 720MB full package, so will manually flash it to 20201207.... 😒

Official lineage will never do incremental updates. It apparently takes too much storage on the back end. Don't ask me why they can't buy more drives when storage is so cheap today... the lineage directors just don't seem to care enough about users to make this experience better.

• Thanks 3
On 11/10/2020 at 10:41 PM, EskeRahn said:

Sorry, Did not guess that it was moved to

Settings ► System ► Buttons ► Extra ► Additional buttons,

🙂

Without your comment I guess I would have never found that setting, so thanks for that 🙂

Does anybody know, if there's also a setting somewhere to make other modifiers than Shift sticky? I would really like that for the yellow arrows.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

Without your comment I guess I would have never found that setting, so thanks for that 🙂

Does anybody know, if there's also a setting somewhere to make other modifiers than Shift sticky? I would really like that for the yellow arrows.

There was an attempt to do sticky FN keys on Lineage gerrit but it wasn't done well. I would like to tie that to the keyboard sticky flag but don't know if that is easy to do. Or, I guess it could be another custom keyboard setting.

Edited by tdm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion