Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

On 11/20/2023 at 3:16 PM, Duke said:

My Order was placed on August 15, 2021 and is currently Processing. Since iam just waiting.........and believe in Santa Claus?

And if it turned up in time for Xmas you could call it your 'Pro-Ho-Ho-1X'

• Haha 6
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, phukfxtec said:

From the Sept update: "We would like to begin by apologising for not providing an update for July and August."

So your way of apologizing is to not provide a monthly update again?

updatefail.png

updateFail.png

updateFail3.png

@Casey Is there actually an update coming at least within this month (December)? This is beyond so many levels of embarrassing...

• Like 2

Just by the way – same day (25 Nov 2020) I ordered a spare Pro1X battery I haven't heard anything of yet, I also ordered another Indiegogo offer, a portable guitar amplifier, and after the announcements of severe delays following Covid and the ubiquitous supply chain problems, things had gone very quiet until just recently. But lo and behold, today I got a tracking number at least for the thing itself...

Edited by Rob. S.

It's quite sad that only a select few have received their units.  I regret buying one from eBay because I was still  waiting for my order to be shipped out to me.  After receiving the Fx Tech Pro1x from eBay I ended up selling it because it was super unreliable and for it to be my main phone, I can't have it not receive calls or texts because when you work at a hospital and take call, you need a device that's actually works!  I've purchased items that I know I shouldn't but this one is my biggest regret and supporting a company that lies to their customers continuously is a disgrace. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've ordered two used phones from ebay and from here so far and both worked fine. It's not a perfect phone but I've never had issues with calls, network and so on.
My only two, though very essential complains are that there are basically no spare parts and they are super intransparent with shipping.

Every now and then I consider building some phone case with a raspberry pi keyboard but I haven't found a good solution for that yet.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I've ordered two used phones from ebay and from here so far and both worked fine. It's not a perfect phone but I've never had issues with calls, network and so on.
My only two, though very essential complains are that there are basically no spare parts and they are super intransparent with shipping.

Every now and then I consider building some phone case with a raspberry pi keyboard but I haven't found a good solution for that yet.

I think it depends on where you live.  I've read that people in the UK/EUR have had better luck with service but for me in Utah it wasn't the greatest.  I even tried 3 different providers (Boost, Mint, and Verizon) and all 3 had the same issues with drop calls or no reception up to a minute continuously on and off.  When I was able to connect to a call the other line would tell me I sounded like crap. 

Good luck on finding a case for it.  Hopefully someone on here who's working on 3D printing is able to start selling them on here.  I can't remember which case I bought but I remember I had to cut some areas for it to fit.

Latest findings suggest that it might be a combination of 1. disconnected springs between the antenna connectors on the PCBs and the bottom part of the metal casing, and 2. where you live and what bands your provider's network uses...  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, Happy New Year.

to be honest owning a 25% more powerful version of the pro1, with an SoC released before 2020 and quite possibly the same screen QC issue, is not exactly my alley and i've been avoiding asking for a refund for years now because i thought they'de at least send it eventually. evidently they did not, and as my current pro1's battery health (hi Eske, yes, i did fast charge it, yes, you told me so, the thing is like 6 years old at this point it's fair to say it's old okay) is dwindling and there is not even a tracking number in sight, I asked support today for a refund. from what i can tell from the community chatter they won't actually send one to me, probably because they can't since IGG geve them a lump sum. no matter, i will chargeback if I have to.

the absolute irony of being backer number 565 and not being included in the actually shipped batches because of my audacity to ask for an AZERTY layout, then switching my PC layout to QWERTY since ordering, is not lost on me.

P.S.: any pro1 LOS users have had issues with sending SMS? not the right thread but LOS support doesn't care and neither does my carrier

• Like 1

Dear F(x)tec,

Heartfelt thanks for the ongoing suspense—months of suspense, really. I've devised a brilliant new strategy. If, by some miracle, the Pro1-X ever graces my doorstep, I plan to elevate it to a masterpiece on my wall. Not as a smartphone, but as a poignant reminder that no matter how many blunders I make, they'll never quite measure up to the Pro1-X saga.

Jokes aside, I have full confidence that you'll pull through and deliver. Here's to hoping the Pro1-X becomes a legendary tale of resilience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Still loving my Pro1. Haven't even had to put in the new battery yet.
I use my phone a lot. Like surfing and videos.
I turn data off when not in use, keep wifi on at home because wifi calling.
I put it in Airplane mode when I am sleeping (because sleep).image.png.d3f7b4ef8f45b3572d260fe8b7ce5962.png

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 12:33 AM, Casey said:

I'm very sorry to see that you received a depleted Pro1-X. If you'd like to carry out this repair by yourself, there are currently two ways to do this, but both would require you to disassemble your phone. We do not recommend doing this unless you have experience with electronics repair. As others stated, some components are very delicate and can be prone to break if not careful.

If you do wish to proceed by yourself, we have a detailed video tutorial on how to "jump start" your battery by taking apart your Pro1-X. A link of the video can be found here. You can either prepare a charger that has an output of 12V and to crimp the cable so you can have positive and negative ends to spark the battery connector. Or, you could purchase a universal battery charger and plug the battery connector onto a board to charge directly.

It is always welcome that you contact us for any repairs for your device via [email protected]. We will help you with the RMA process and to ensure you get your device back asap.

Thanks to everyone here in the forum and FxTec tech support I have finally a beautiful AND working Pro 1x back in my hands!! There was even a screen protector in the box for me to apply, like a mint on the pillow.  Much appreciated!  It was at first frustrating to not have a way to test the keyboard without downloading some app.  i resisted the prying grip of Google playstore by loading Firefox so that I could ditch chrome. So I could get Gmail and Facebook without using the apps. The keyboard is elegantly designed and nicely backlit. Internet access is good. Having the tilt when the keyboard is revealed made watching the Internet archive B&W movies very comfortable. I can send and receive sms and MMS (!), The battery life is robust. The voice call is at first non existent. In fact when I looked for the sounds, all but the voice call seemed normal. The voice call volume at its highest level was thin and soft. When I test called, the call went through, but the answering machine cut me off as it didn't detect a presence. I tested it with using speaker phone... Nothing. Then I turned on wifi calling. Maybe it was a fluke, but this time it was given some time to record a message! And played back the message I left was loud and clear.  So there IS hope. Perhaps to start the voice call volume need to be line level, and/or need mic preamplification.(thinking as a recording engineer)? Just a thought.

while I still want to try other operating systems, I have to admit I'm not familiar with adb fastboot. I got comfortable with using Jump drive of the earlier Pine phone ways to try it different distributions  is Adb similar?

I assume that while in uk being repaired, my Pro1x has not been reprogramed to be able to charge while turned off because when I turned it off and plugged it in to charge the phone come back on. So this mean I will HAVE To learn how to use adb to do it? is there a clear and simple way to get me started? I would be using a laptop or desktop with Ubuntu (but not the latest one).

Thank you again, all of you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
On 1/29/2024 at 5:26 AM, hling said:

i resisted the prying grip of Google playstore by loading Firefox so that I could ditch chrome

Why not f-droid? You can just use Fenec (a barely modified firefox repackage), for example.

For e-mail I use k-9 mail.

• Like 2
On 2/1/2024 at 12:40 PM, brunoais said:

k-9 mail

+1 for k9 mail and f-droid!

thunderbird for email if on desktop.

LibreWolf or Mulvad over stock Firefox as FF has too much telemetry and crap (Pocket) and relies on google.

Brave or ungoogled-chromium if you prefer chrome. but never stock chrome.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Community,

I've been pondering a potential solution to the ongoing shipping challenges faced by F(x)tec. What if we came together and initiated a GoFundMe campaign to alleviate the burden of shipping costs for the company? With collective support, we could potentially aid in expediting the delivery process and ensure that backers receive their perks sooner rather than later. Before taking any steps, I'd like to gauge interest and gather feedback. Would anyone be interested in supporting such an endeavor? Your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, zundappchef said:

Dear Community,

I've been pondering a potential solution to the ongoing shipping challenges faced by F(x)tec. What if we came together and initiated a GoFundMe campaign to alleviate the burden of shipping costs for the company? With collective support, we could potentially aid in expediting the delivery process and ensure that backers receive their perks sooner rather than later. Before taking any steps, I'd like to gauge interest and gather feedback. Would anyone be interested in supporting such an endeavor? Your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.

An interesting idea, but we need some info from FxTec first

a) How many devices are already produced and only awaiting shipment, or perhaps the amount of money needed to send those. Have these recently been charged or checked for the need of charging? Any cost estimate on doiing that before shipping?

b) Do more devices need to be produced, to fulfil the 'backlog'? If so, what amounts of money are we talking here including shipping?

I'm not talking actual number, but rough ballbark figures.

If few are left to be send, it might require a rather substantiial amount of money to produce a new batch.

To just pull some random number, say the least you can order is 500 and the costs is perhaps $200 in pure materials and assembly for one. We would have a $100K to reach as a minimum... Can we find enough people willing to chip in for that?

• Like 4
6 hours ago, zundappchef said:

Dear Community,

This assumes that they don't lie to us in any ways.

It seems way more realistic that the company is close to bankrupcy and therefore aims to sell new devices in external shops instead of sending out the phones that were already paid.
It doesn't even need to be greedyness but maybe they simply ran out of money.

Almost the complete team of FxTec were fired, and they rather start new campaigns and sell the phone (for less money) in some external shops instead of fulfilling their orders of 2-3 years ago.

• Sad 2

...Personally I could be willing to donate a minor amount - perhaps $50 - If that could help som already produced Pro1X to reach the recipient. But do not think I would pay for new devices to be produced.

(I have long given up on the one I perked for as an Early Bird. Asked them to use it for spares long ago)

• Like 2