Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Stucadoor2 said:

Could it  be that the alphabetical order  of last names Is the order in which our phones are send?

Mine starts with R which may explain why I'm in batch 2 while ordered February 2020.

We do not know how big a part of batch 1 FedEx actually have processed yet. So we could still be in Batch 1 without knowing..
In the 'voting' less than a score has 'voted', and similar numbers posted on IGG (of whom some can be the same) so likely only a fraction of batch 1 have got the mail yet.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

We do not know how big a part of batch 1 FedEx actually have processed yet. So we could still be in Batch 1 without knowing..
In the 'voting' less than a score has 'voted', and similar numbers posted on IGG (of whom some can be the same) so likely only a fraction of batch 1 have got the mail yet.

I ordered March 2020, support has confirmed mine is in batch 2. Last name starts with R so the alphabetical by last name theory is possible.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LauSu1 said:

I ordered March 2020, support has confirmed mine is in batch 2. Last name starts with R so the alphabetical by last name theory is possible.

That is when I ordered too.  I hadn't asked what batch I was in due to the "shipping first" email.

2 hours ago, Stucadoor2 said:

Could it  be that the alphabetical order  of last names Is the order in which our phones are send?

Mine starts with R which may explain why I'm in batch 2 while ordered February 2020.

Definitively no.

I am one of the very first perks and received an email from FedEx today (and also from IGG since then) that my phone is being sent.

My last name starts with V anyway. 🙂

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, EvilDNA127 said:

Random it is! 😑

Yes, it seems to be somewhat random.

As far as I saw in one of their previous updates, there was a big box... inside big box, there were smaller boxes ("middle" box), and inside smaller boxes, there were individual Pro1-X boxes...

So I think it depends on the order the middle boxes were opened which may happened from top to bottom but may not evenly at every rows... but that is only a guess. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My guess is, as I just wrote here, too, given that I now have received tracking info for my Oct 2020 IGG order (8/256 GB QWERTZ), but not yet for my Sept 2019 Pro¹ order (changed to 8/256 GB QWERTY Pro¹X), that they tried, at least roughly, to sort orders/perks into those two batches according to order/backing date, but didn't care for any specific order within the batches, as that would make just a few days difference anyway even in the worst case. Also, as some already said, F(x)tec might have no influence anymore on the sending order once Expansys/FedEx has taken over a pallet/container...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

but didn't care for any specific order within the batches, as that would make just a few days difference anyway even in the worst case. Also, as some already said, F(x)tec might have no influence anymore on the sending order once Expansys/FedEx has taken over a pallet/container...

...or simply FedEx has messed up intended delivery order by disassembling big package and opened smaller packages in a different order.

Anyway, F(x)tec may have thougt shipment of the whole batch to be quicker, maybe there is a huge workers shortage.

• Like 2

Another shipping update on Indiegogo:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

Aug 11, 2022 • 8:26AM PDT

Pro1-X Shipping Update - July

szr7a064rwno97y62yhj.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

• Batch 1 is now shipping.
  • Batch 2 will begin shipping this month. 
  • OEM bootloader lock is now available. 

Shipping updates:

• Batch 1 - currently shipping - please continue to keep an eye out on your tracking details and communication from FedEx regarding the customs clearance.
  • Any devices that are returned to our warehouse will need to be re-shipped upon request and will be subject to additional charges. 
  • Batch 2 - the majority of batch 2 has been manufactured and is at our warehouse undergoing QC checks ahead of mass shipping. 
  • There are 300 units remaining which have almost finished being assembled and will be sent to Hong Kong within the next couple of weeks. Please note, that we will start shipping batch 2 as soon as they are ready, so this will not delay the shipping process. As soon as the last few units arrive in HK, they will also be shipped straight away. 

We have loved seeing so many of you starting to receive your Pro1-Xs - please continue to share your photos with us on Twitter! 

Software updates - OEM Bootloader Lock 

Just a reminder that your Pro1-X comes with an "OEM Unlocked" by default, giving you more access and control over your device. This means you can flash other OS including Lineage OS and Ubuntu Touch OS onto your Pro1-X, however, you will not be able to use Google Mobile Services (GMS) such as Google Pay while OEM is unlocked.

Those of you that would like to lock the OEM and use GMS on your device, please refer to the following documentation for guidance. 

For any questions related to your Pro1-X, including shipping and delivery or technical support, please contact [email protected]

Thanks, Team Fxtec 🙂

So we now know that there is a – albeit smaller – third batch coming, too.

• Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. No updates here but I've seen some posts around the net about people having received their Pro1X's. I've seen one or two people post here that they got their Pro1X. Is that all for the time being? I was expecting mine to be on the way soon since my Indiegogo Contribution # is on the 2100's...

24 minutes ago, agent008 said:

Hi everyone. No updates here but I've seen some posts around the net about people having received their Pro1X's. I've seen one or two people post here that they got their Pro1X. Is that all for the time being? I was expecting mine to be on the way soon since my Indiegogo Contribution # is on the 2100's...

Myself and many others who ordered back in 2019/2020 are put on hold again, it seems like getting the phone I ordered 2,5 years ago has less priority than those who backed on indigogo just 2 or 3 months ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hi,  Do we have any idea as to how big the backlog for Pro1-X's is?  I'm wondering if I should just pick one up from eBay.  IGG shows them shipping in February 2022, and the fxtec site says June 2022, so no helpful info there...

25 minutes ago, Stucadoor2 said:

Myself and many others who ordered back in 2019/2020 are put on hold again, it seems like getting the phone I ordered 2,5 years ago has less priority than those who backed on indigogo just 2 or 3 months ago.

Expansys/FedEx have not even sent out the Batch 1 they got from FxTec yet.... Really annoying, but not much FxTec can do I guess.
I'm in the first dozen on IGG, yet I still have not got a shipping mail, despite FxTec told me that Expansys has processed it a fortnight ago... They are as frustrated as we are on the situation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, Stucadoor2 said:
1 hour ago, agent008 said:

I've seen one or two people post here that they got their Pro1X. Is that all for the time being? I was expecting mine to be on the way soon since my Indiegogo Contribution # is on the 2100's...

Myself and many others who ordered back in 2019/2020 are put on hold again, it seems like getting the phone I ordered 2,5 years ago has less priority than those who backed on indigogo just 2 or 3 months ago

I have received my Oct 2020 IGG contribution # 3xx, but not yet my website order from Sept 2019 (Pro1 later changed to Pro1 X). I was told the latter is definitely in the pipeline, but things were mixed up quite a bit in China with regard to the sequence of shipments. 

(Personally, I couldn't care less which of the two came first 😉, but I understand that it's different for those who only ordered one!)

• Like 5

New August update, sadly delays at warehouse...

Pro1-X Shipping Update - August

ow3mm1slrlncbwgbridr.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

• Shipping for Batch 1 and 2 is temporarily on hold.
  • Lineage OS & Ubuntu Touch OS update. 

It has been great to see so many of you receiving your Pro1-Xs - we have loved seeing all of your photos on social media - please keep sharing! 

Shipping updates:

We are sorry to say that we are facing a minor operational delay at our warehouse in Hong Kong which has temporarily put batch 1 and batch 2 on hold. We are working to get this resolved asap and will provide a further update once shipping has resumed. 

Lineage OS and UbuntuTouch OS:

As some of you may know, our stock firmware lays the foundation for these OS’s to be built on. With the help of the testers, we were able to identify and fix issues that are present in the stock OS. In light of this, there are lots of changes taking place in the firmware, making it difficult for the Lineage and Ubuntu OS developers to work with. Therefore, we believe it would be more convenient for the OS developers to work on our next stable stock build instead.

We are currently testing the beta firmware and will aim to certify this build next month. Once certified, we’ll be able to send it off to the LineageOS and UbuntuTouch OS developers for further development. We will provide further updates about this along the way.

If you have any questions related to your Pro1-X, including shipping and delivery or technical support, please contact [email protected]

Thanks, 

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Thanks 2

this time i wil be positive and say i think we wil receive our devices starting of december 
i was expecting problem with creating/manufacturing batch 2 ( mainly financial )
but it seems shipping wil hold up the delivery

if anything we cannot or ever blame any manufacturer / seller to controll shipping 
shipping isues wil happen regardless of shipping company  

• Like 3

It's not just FxTec. I think 40% from China and Hong Kong is delayed. I am waiting for a couple of Indiegogo perks, my Fiido X v2 and my engraved Pro1x also. Mind you, they posted the engraved back cover months ago. Yet none of those are shipped yet.
On the other hand, I personally can live with first come first serve. If you ordered a  "regular" Pro1 and never received one, you should be first in line. Just my 2 cents on the matter. I for one can't wait for my Pro1x. The Pro1 camera was unsufficient for my taste.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

I for one can't wait for my Pro1x. The Pro1 camera was unsufficient for my taste.

The Pro1X i got my hands on is not retail, but would be interesting if some that got retail version of both, could post some sample images.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't think my Xperia X would make it to my last birthday, was sure it wouldn't make this years but that too has passed and it's still going.  No standard speaker for calls even after replacing it, temperamental vibration motor, ringtone and alarms, no sensor on the headphone socket, randomly hangs up half of incoming calls as the phone is pulled from a pocket and (or maybe because) the flip cover is now hanging on by one layer of rubbery covering.

My backup Z3 compact has a dead sim slot and my trusty Nokia 808 has a broken USB so I don't see any option other than getting another phone as I'm surely near the end of batch 2 (though if they pile batch 2 in front of batch 1 and pick randomly as they seemed to with batch 1 that could mean I get mine first when they restart 🤪)

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The Pro1X i got my hands on is not retail, but would be interesting if some that got retail version of both, could post some sample images.

Pro1X takes better photos than Pro1 using stock camera application but Pro1 takes better photos than Pro1X if I compare Pro1X stock application to Pro1 using Google Camera (GCAM mod of Pocophone F1).

It would be good to compare an optimized Camera software on both devices anyway.

I don't know if @DieBruine has tried GCAM mod but it really worth a try.

• Thanks 2