Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

16 hours ago, zstas said:

interesting where can we find this lineageos image

Before anyone gets too excited, do note that in all the screenshots, there are no cell signal strength indicators, so I would hazard a guess that hardware isn't working yet.  Looks like wifi is working though.

6 hours ago, Warda said:

Hello to all,

I ordered the mobile phone on 26th September 2022 and paid for it und on 30th September 2022! 

But I'm still waiting for my paid goods.

Just want to know if anyone get the mobile phone?

A few has, but it is not a fast process, see the IGG update a few comments above (merged you post in here)

19 hours ago, Warda said:

I ordered the mobile phone on 26th September 2022 and paid for it und on 30th September 2022! 

But I'm still waiting for my paid goods.

Just want to know if anyone get the mobile phone?

Ordered via web site in May 2020 and I am still waiting. Other are waiting since 2019. Fxtec said, they are shipping in "small batches". Nobody knows how small these batches are. 5 phones a week? Or 5 phones a month?

On 1/16/2023 at 2:11 PM, VaZso said:

Here is the latest update from F(x)tec:

Trust me people, even when you do receive you phone, it won't function. Not a word about the progress regarding connection issues. 

I assume, as always, that all orders will be fulfilled. So FxTec, please start working, or work harder, on getting this phone actually up and running! Coverage, continuously please!

2 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Trust me people, even when you do receive you phone, it won't function. Not a word about the progress regarding connection issues. 

I assume, as always, that all orders will be fulfilled. So FxTec, please start working, or work harder, on getting this phone actually up and running! Coverage, continuously please!

As already mentioned before, I use my Pro1x not only for data access (both regular mobile networks and Wifi), but also for calling (outgoing and incoming) and sending text messages using the traditional SMS (and also MMS if necessary). I disabled using VoLTE (voice over LTE) and also changed the priority for voice over Wifi to make it the last resort in case of Wifi being the only connectivity available (i.e. no mobile network coverage), because the call quality was rather bad with both VoLTE and voice over Wifi, but it works for me without any considerable issues apart from this (in addition to VoLTE quality, I also encountered issues with the proximity sensor locking the phone and fingerprint scanner stopping to work after some time until the phone is restarted, but there are workarounds for both of these issues and they don't prevent me from regular work). I understand that the situation might depend on availability of various network types and possibly also frequencies (and possibly even specific configuration of the mobile network, etc.) and I also understand that people in areas covered purely by LTE are in different position apparently, but the statement about the phone not functionning simply isn't a universal fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, xhajt03 said:

understand that people in areas covered purely by LTE are in different position apparently, but the statement about the phone not functionning simply isn't a universal fact

Problem is, there are very large world regions which are wholly reduced to only LTE, like most if not all of the USA, if I understand correctly... 

That said, as I verified yesterday, temporarily (until the fix arrives) carrying a tiny mobile LTE router with a second SIM card should make the phone fully functional for both mobile internet and voice calls. The latter just needs VoWiFi support from the provider and VoWiFi priority configured on the phone.

(I noticed the limited VoWiFi sound quality, too; it made me think it must have fallen back to GSM after all, but it didn't...!)  

Considering the mobile router also generally adds some level of freedom for when other devices like laptops need network access while the phone might not be close enough to them all the time, it might be worth the expense. I, for one, am happy to have made the purchase... 🙂 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

Problem is, there are very large world regions which are wholly reduced to only LTE, like most if not all of the USA, if I understand correctly... 

That said, as I verified yesterday, temporarily (until the fix arrives) carrying a tiny mobile LTE router with a second SIM card should make the phone fully functional for both mobile internet and voice calls. The latter just needs VoWiFi support from the provider and VoWiFi priority configured on the phone.

(I noticed the limited VoWiFi sound quality, too; it made me think it must have fallen back to GSM after all, but it didn't...!)  

Considering the mobile router also generally adds some level of freedom for when other devices like laptops need network access while the phone might not be close enough to them all the time, it might be worth the expense. I, for one, am happy to have made the purchase... 🙂 

This is basically what I use my 5G Moto phone on PAYG Verizon for with my Pro 1.  Don't yet have my Pro1x to see how things work out with that.  I'm hoping to make my Pro1X my daily driver while I experiment with the Pro 1 trying things I wouldn't with my daily driver.  My Moto is my phone, car phone, hot spot. 

The original order is still in proecssing... In november 22 i decided to cancel the order and get a refund. Until today i haven´t received my refund. I don´t believe that anyone getting there phones soon. I think the company is out of money... The batches they have produced are only sell to amazon, expansys and aliexpress to get as much money as possible and then close the company.  

I orderd a phone on Expansys. The Expansys Phone work exactyl one week, then there where huge display issues, big black spot on the left side without a reason. The connections, wi-fi, LTE, bluetooth are so bad it´s impossible to work with this phone. 

The Customer Service on Expansys is the same as on FXtec. No Response or lame excuses...

I believe this whole Company and Phone is scam. Im very dissapointed... 

The very few who really gotten the PRO 1x are lucky, i don´t believe they will be happy with this phone....

Not a scam, just really unfortunate company. Chen who started to make dream come true is one of us: real linux and tech enthusiast and nerd/geek. Just a lot of bad luck. I am one waiting for my device still. From indiegogo crowfund.

Edited by Fxtecish
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
20 hours ago, Schket said:

The original order is still in proecssing... In november 22 i decided to cancel the order and get a refund. Until today i haven´t received my refund. I don´t believe that anyone getting there phones soon. I think the company is out of money... The batches they have produced are only sell to amazon, expansys and aliexpress to get as much money as possible and then close the company.  

I orderd a phone on Expansys. The Expansys Phone work exactyl one week, then there where huge display issues, big black spot on the left side without a reason. The connections, wi-fi, LTE, bluetooth are so bad it´s impossible to work with this phone. 

The Customer Service on Expansys is the same as on FXtec. No Response or lame excuses...

I believe this whole Company and Phone is scam. Im very dissapointed... 

The very few who really gotten the PRO 1x are lucky, i don´t believe they will be happy with this phone....

I am also thinking about refund, the phone didnt came for month and the support is not responding

Definitely F(x)tec is NOT scamming us. They are just struggling with this project and things have not gone as they planned (SoC change etc). Sure, F(x)tec has done mistakes during the journey but I think that they are trying very hard with limited resources. 

I received my Pro1 after long wait and during this week I am supposed to receive Pro1-X. Let's see how it works compared to Pro1.

Screenshot_20230123-195629_Gmail_1_1_1.thumb.jpg.f8e01754fc06a78fc2208e649f51fb49.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
On 1/20/2023 at 9:05 PM, Rob. S. said:

No really work on my provider. Subscribe an unlimited internet plan means you can't use it in modem (unless you mod the hop count). No issue if subscribe to pay per use or per GB plan

• Sad 1
30 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Well it's official. Hubby canceled his Pro1X and the lovely Francisco responded that day that he was passing on the request to finance. Not sure how long this process will take, but I will keep y'all updated.

Still in love with my Pro1 though.

Sad. And FxTec certainly have a hard time competing with their resellers having them in stock, see e.g. this at 44800  yen...

1 minute ago, steff said:

It is sad that fxtec HAS resellers and violates the most important Indiegogo rule.

The big question here is when they placed the orders, but I certainly agree that it is frustrating that they got them, and we as backers are still waiting.

1 minute ago, steff said:

No guessing involved. I like  what you do as a moderator on this forum, but let us not protect them, where they really failed

It certainly does not sound good, but I have not got enough info to know if this is just (yet another) example of their communication skills being far from stellar, or they actually broke some rule - and even if they did, if they were aware of them.

From what they have told us long ago they produced and send 'our' devices to a warehouse from which the shipping was first halted for months due to some dispute we know no details about, and is now happening at an appalling slow rate.

BUT it is a big question if anything produced after FxTec sent out our devices from the factory, and before we get them will be in violation of the rules, though it is an absurd situation that the shipping is happening so slowly that we can get them from resellers faster. One GUESS could be that it is a consequence of the dispute that the shipping is deliberately slow, giving FxTec extremely low priority.