Protective Case Suggestions and Ideas

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First testprint made last night. I've split the bottom up in 2 parts to figure out how well the fit is. there is some slight (2mm) missalignment of the buttons and usb-c header and the camera placemen

I made a leather pouch for the Pro1. I used cow leather, thickness about 2 mm. All the parts are glued with super glue gel adhesive which remains flexible. I made some holes to see the led and to get

Just finished a quick sketch of the bottom part of the protective cover:   Will run a test print tonight to get first dimensions with hard plastic to see how the shell fits, then adjust

Posted Images

I ordered this handmade leather pouch from etsy on the weekend and it’s already being shipped. Seller had no problem accommodating my request for custom inside dimensions to match the posted dimensions of the Pro 1.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/719311781/leather-sleeve-for-galaxy-s10-full-grain?ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-3&frs=1

This looks very promising although somewhat expensive. I would be interested to know your honest review once you're able to test it with you Pro1.

• Like 1
I still think it would be better with something along the lines suggested here

A base case covering the lower part, and then a ‘flap’, that can be held behind the screen when open..

Yeah I agree with this and the flap should be magnetic so it holds to the front and back of the display.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, vlycop said:

i also kinda need to know how i will end up carrying my phone around ... now that the phone are in the box, i'm guessing the case and headphone are fully made ? Or will it ship later in order to not delay the shipping ?

This was asked a while ago during the New York event they had.

What is the state of the earphones and the case promised to pre-orderers?

Gravewell

The cases will come with preorders but they are still doing some final revisions to the case molding. They had a problem with the older designs being hard to flip out the keyboard leading to increased risk of dropping the phone.

Earphones are pretty much in limbo, I wouldnt count on them shipping with preorders.

Source

I don't know if that still stands today due to the time between that event and now, but I'd still say at the very least the earphones will be shipped later.

20 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

If the earphones don't  ship with the phone and sent later fxtec should ask who still wnats them. I don't need any.

I hope the case will be done and shipped, because it has real value.

I agree on that, would be such a waste of money if they should send them in a separate parcel, to those of us that don't really need it anyway. The case could be nice to have though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Keyahnig said:

well, since idk how the case looks like and if it's usable, i ordered this:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XHN46H1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

someone already posted this somewhere but idk where exactly

Last time I used something like this was for my Nokia E72. But maybe I should think about that again :)

• Thanks 2
On 10/25/2019 at 2:42 PM, Siani_8 said:

nobody has the time to take a pic of the final version of the phone case presumably shipping with our phones?

you surely all saw it in the main production thead, but for the sake of completness :

no hard-case at all

a pouch instead for every pre-order (weirdly wasn't the case before)

not shipping with the phone but later down the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, vlycop said:

you surely all saw it in the main production thead, but for the sake of completness :

no hard-case at all

a pouch instead for every pre-order (weirdly wasn't the case before)

not shipping with the phone but later down the line.

Yeah I've had a feeling for a while that was going to be ths case so I ordered this leather pouch a while ago and the seller made the inside dimensions to match the Pro1 dimensions.  It's very nice, well crafted, looks better in person, and will be sweet once it breaks in.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/719311781/leather-sleeve-for-galaxy-s10-full-grain?ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-3&frs=1

5 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Yeah I've had a feeling for a while that was going to be ths case so I ordered this leather pouch a while ago and the seller made the inside dimensions to match the Pro1 dimensions.  It's very nice, well crafted, looks better in person, and will be sweet once it breaks in.  

look very nice 🙂
i got a reply from support and i'm officially requesting refund, so i won't comment anymore since i no longer concerned, but please do share pic of the phone in it when you have it !

• Like 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy some custom rubber molding for cheap?

fxtec_pro1_5-mobiili_fi.jpg.c2a3422ef300ac5cb599f657e54bda34.jpg

The bottom part of the phone can clearly support something like s-l300.jpg.b175294122783e91d5e7b0cba4dd9037.jpg

The screen part is more tricky, as anything protruding from beneath it may impede the opening mechanism. Could we perhaps cover the short sides of the screen by clipping something like in5511.jpg.2b2f6885909568380ad1f2c334e64d16.jpgbut obviously much thinner and better looking?

Edited by Raksura
18 minutes ago, Raksura said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy some custom rubber molding for cheap?

fxtec_pro1_5-mobiili_fi.jpg.c2a3422ef300ac5cb599f657e54bda34.jpg

The bottom part of the phone can clearly support something like s-l300.jpg.b175294122783e91d5e7b0cba4dd9037.jpg

The screen part is more tricky, as anything protruding from beneath it may impede the opening mechanism. Could we perhaps cover the short sides of the screen by clipping something like in5511.jpg.2b2f6885909568380ad1f2c334e64d16.jpgbut obviously much thinner and better looking?

I doubt it will work, There is very little 'edge' to grab in the keyboard half, and it is basically conical...

But might work if the materiel (on the inside?) is the 'sticky' silicon used for placing phones on a car dashboard.

The top half seems even more hard to do.

But let us know if you find a way. I (and I assume many other in here) would be interested in buying that....

12 minutes ago, kashif said:

This is how the E7 case is.

there is another part too that goes on the sliding screen.

Looks like it relies on having a large surface to grip on the sides of the phone, which, as EskeRahn pointed out, is not at all available on the Pro1.

I'm counting on the rubber material to be elastic enough to hold will little grip.I would also prefer an open back design, in case the phone needs to cool. I am currently looking at the "universal rubber frame" that can found on the internet, but most of them have the corners bumps start inside the phone's border, which is not something that will work with the Pro1. The others are really simply a rubber band, which does not leave holes for the ports of the device, and I have no idea how difficult it is to make holes in rubber without compromising its integrity. The one I've shown above also relies on too much rubber above the phone to work with the pro1.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

Maybe the answer is a magnetic case to hold it to the back of the device

Nice idea. It is a magnesium allow (If I remember right) not iron though. So would require some iron plate/points to be adhesed to the Pro1, all adding to the thickness, but could be possible.

• phoebus2000 changed the title to Will Pro1 3D printer files for a case work with Pro1X?