Protective Case Suggestions and Ideas

700 dollar phone and a cheap plastic case for it to rest in? Throw it in a zip up Thule or send a leather sleeve. A clear plastic case takes away from the class of a qwerty keyboard and is bad for other people taking a look at your phone - with this phone they will be. Develop a case worthy of the qwerty comeback - I'm one of the few who held out buying droid 1, 2, 3 , 4 then buying the 4 and 3 several times before opting for the Keyone. The blackberry is a garbage phone and I'm up for a replacement this year I have high hopes for this product and a dope case to come with the pre-order is what I'm looking for.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First testprint made last night. I've split the bottom up in 2 parts to figure out how well the fit is. there is some slight (2mm) missalignment of the buttons and usb-c header and the camera placemen

I made a leather pouch for the Pro1. I used cow leather, thickness about 2 mm. All the parts are glued with super glue gel adhesive which remains flexible. I made some holes to see the led and to get

Just finished a quick sketch of the bottom part of the protective cover:   Will run a test print tonight to get first dimensions with hard plastic to see how the shell fits, then adjust

Posted Images

700 dollar phone and a cheap plastic case for it to rest in? Throw it in a zip up Thule or send a leather sleeve. A clear plastic case takes away from the class of a qwerty keyboard and is bad for other people taking a look at your phone – with this phone they will be. Develop a case worthy of the qwerty comeback – I’m one of the few who held out buying droid 1, 2, 3 , 4 then buying the 4 and 3 several times before opting for the Keyone. The blackberry is a garbage phone and I’m up for a replacement this year I have high hopes for this product and a dope case to come with the pre-order is what I’m looking for.

I guess the difference between $649 and your $700 could cover a more exclusive case. I hope there will be one available as an accessory.

Not sure if it’s an issue. It also grabs some(lower) angle on the iPhone, and the material is quite flexible.

Edit: I got one in front of me.

Might work, my point was that the edge needed to get a grip, could be in the way for the sliding when opening, and it almost certainly would limit the options of opening to push-only, as it would by hard to get a grip on the top part for lifting of the back edge...

• 1 month later...

I do wish there was something like the hardshell case I'm using on the blackberry priv. 2 pieces and can still use and slide the phone. I'm gonna end up using a leather pouch or something and I know already I'm gonna end up dropping the phone when not in the case. Not impressed at all with the available options at this point.

Over the past few weeks I've contacted a variety of phone wrap/skin companies asking about making something for the Pro1. I got a lot of kindly worded no's until I contacted EasySkinz. They're a UK based company I believe and they took a look at the Pro1, liked it, and contacted the F(x)Tec team for details and measurements. The F(x)Tec team confirmed today that EasySkinz contacted them so my fingers are crossed and hopefully there will be a skin/wrap option for the Pro1 soon since case options will likely be limited.

• Thanks 1

I'm going to go with something like this pouch until/if a proper hardshell case is made that protects top and bottom half and still allows the phone's sliding mechanism to work with it on. Looks like the seller here will take custom sizes for her cases.

Pro 1 is already really close in size to the S10 plus though the Pro 1 is a bit thicker.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/685575471/full-grain-leather-galaxy-s10-plus-case?ref=related-1&frs=1

• 2 weeks later...
Wait for a surprise, guys ;) I supose it will be like that, when the first phones are close to release, headphones were shown already.. Let it be as a surprise. I bet it will be great surprise!

I won't hold my breath :D

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any pictures of the case yet?

Any official update on how the case will look and protect or is it still gonna be a clear plastic shell covering the bottom half only?

There was a short video posted on Twitter earlier. It is a protype of the case.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chenliangchen/status/1103298918564139010

• 1 month later...
Sorry, I couldn’t find the old thread.

Do we get to see the case before the pre-orders ship or will it be a surprise?

I asked the support a couple days ago if there are any pictures of the hard case yet. Their response was that the support team were not provided with any graphical assets yet.

As a BlackBerry user for the last 20 years I’m about to “jump ship” but the availability of a holster …not just a case…… is a deal breaker for clumsy old me who can drop or break ANYTHING :-)

I am guessing the chances of us getting a proper belt holster and case combo for this phone are very low. I did create a separate thread belt holster options though.

https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/belt-holster-pouch/

• phoebus2000 changed the title to Will Pro1 3D printer files for a case work with Pro1X?