Discussion and testing on features and known&potential issues

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro1 is under an approval (final stage) from Google to activate security features. Once it's finished we will release an OTA to activate contactless payment. Everything has been submitted and we are a

Thank you all for the feedback! Team is working on the fix for the keyboard unresponsive issue. It's quite random and cannot replicate easily. But we will do out best and solve ASAP.

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if

Posted Images

10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Sure tell me what to do more exactly - know nothing on how torn the logging on/off nor where to look for the log...

can you maybe install smart tools from play and try it.

its not a tool to check sensors or any logs but it make use of lots of these sensors.

so if any part of the this app fails might indicate which sensor(s) are problematic

OK, not to insult anyone, but how exactly is the ability to pay for your fuel and groceries related to a phone? This is a classic example of allowing one thing in your life to exert too much control over it. I really don't want to get into a huge ethical discussion about this, but certain people here are focusing on utterly non-smartphone features that are not at all innate to the use-case scenario for which a smartphone was built, and complaining that a smartphone can't do stuff which essentially has nothing to do with being a smartphone. Smartphones were made to communicate, not to transfer money at a point-of-sale. Can we at least remember that we are discussing a communicator like no other before we condemn it for not being able to pay for a burger?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
1 hour ago, silversolver said:

OK, not to insult anyone, but how exactly is the ability to pay for your fuel and groceries related to a phone? This is a classic example of allowing one thing in your life to exert too much control over it. I really don't want to get into a huge ethical discussion about this, but certain people here are focusing on utterly non-smartphone features that are not at all innate to the use-case scenario for which a smartphone was built, and complaining that a smartphone can't do stuff which essentially has nothing to do with being a smartphone. Smartphones were made to communicate, not to transfer money at a point-of-sale. Can we at least remember that we are discussing a communicator like no other before we condemn it for not being able to pay for a burger?

I don't use Google Pay either due to privacy reasons, but your argument is still wrong.

It doesn't matter what smartphones were created for, it's the question what they are used for. And if people are used to watching the latest dog pictures in some internet forum (cough cough), then their criticism would be absolutely valid, if they couldn't do that with the Pro1.

NFC payments have been part of smartphones a while ago and for many people have become a selling point nowadays. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean that an advertised function can be missing or not working.

Also, phones were made for calling, so everything else must be expendable. Right?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, silversolver said:

Can you they explain smartphone features?

If its just for communication then maybe you can get a $100 phone that can communicate pretty well and battery last a week.

Now a days paying by smartphone is normal and the definition of smartphone is the device smart enough to perform most of the tasks.

I just my smartphone to pay all the time. there are lots of benefits and convenience with it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Krzysieq said:

How is the keyboard backlight? I remember it was reported on some of the last pre-production devices, that backlight was uneven. Is that still the case on the units received by people on this forum?

Slightly uneven yes. It matters less on the (unshifted) qwertZ though as the second column is letters as standard, but on the shifted qwertY it is physically lesser symbols,

But I think it will only matter in the beginning, as any user will quickly learn where things are relative to each other. I mean when you know the accent on the qwertY is between the Tab and the Q, that are both clearly visible, it is less important whether the actual accent is clearly visible.

Similar you (with or without backlight) have to have good eyes/look closely to see the difference between the dot and the comma. But as we are used to the comma being left of the dot, it does not matter in real usage.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Craig said:

Maybe some weren't.  But this one was.  It's even listed in specs on home page, as someone already pointed out.  

And Waxberry already told that the certification is at the final stage and will be coming above, Would anyone have preferred an additional delay until the certification is completely finished? Just asking... 😇

• Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

And Waxberry already told that the certification is at the final stage and will be coming above, Would anyone have preferred an additional delay until the certification is completely finished? Just asking... 😇

Depends, if the certification is finished before or after the second batch 😛

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

No!!! i dont want any delay

Even if the Pro1 is sent without the motherboard & processor in it 😛

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, kashif said:

@EskeRahn can you tell us if the following works?

Bluetooth

OTG

FM Radio

Not EskeRahn, but I can tell Bluetooth works but seems to have some issues. Somebody else already reporter of issues pairing with some headset. Today I tried with a bluetooth receiver (Procaster BT-02) which receives bluetooth signal and sends it to my home stereo. Basic connection/pairin works but looks like aptX doesn't work. 

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, kashif said:

@EskeRahn can you tell us if the following works?

Bluetooth

OTG

FM Radio

Only tried the radio. And it works better than I dared hope for. I would like to find a better app though. You should remember to set the bands, and I recommend to turn OFF the alternate frequency scan - as it temporarily mutes the sound, which is really annoying.

• Thanks 1
On 11/18/2019 at 6:27 PM, ddark-il said:

Not sure about this one, but I think it need to be checked -  AptX HD is not working with wh1000xm3, got no other headphones to confirm it that it’s a software  issue 

Under developer options, a setting MIGHT need to be changed from default:

Screenshot_20191122-165714.png

• Thanks 4
13 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I don't use Google Pay either due to privacy reasons, but your argument is still wrong.

It doesn't matter what smartphones were created for, it's the question what they are used for. And if people are used to watching the latest dog pictures in some internet forum (cough cough), then their criticism would be absolutely valid, if they couldn't do that with the Pro1.

NFC payments have been part of smartphones a while ago and for many people have become a selling point nowadays. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean that an advertised function can be missing or not working.

Also, phones were made for calling, so everything else must be expendable. Right?

Phones were made for calling, but smartphones were made to be communicators in a more diverse modern world where other communications are quite common. It's still basically a communications-specific device. I would never use Google Pay because privacy, and Google, but even if I were, it's SOOOOO much more work to pull out a wallet and a credit card, or [horrors!] CASH!!!

WAS this an advertised function? I didn't see it advertised. I may have simply overlooked it as it is completely irrelevant to me. At any rate Waxberry has confirmed that this is a short-term issue.

EDIT: consensus is that it was advertised.

Edited by silversolver
update
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Phones were made for calling, but smartphones were made to be communicators in a more diverse modern world where other communications are quite common. It's still basically a communications-specific device. I would never use Google Pay because privacy, and Google, but even if I were, it's SOOOOO much more work to pull out a wallet and a credit card, or [horrors!] CASH!!!

WAS this an advertised function? I didn't see it advertised. I may have simply overlooked it as it is completely irrelevant to me. At any rate Waxberry has confirmed that this is a short-term issue.

EDIT: consensus is that it was advertised.

If it wasn't Google, Apple and so on, I'd use it too.

It's contactless (something not all banks have as a standard) and for small payments which I make a lot, it would be really useful to have a list of purchases which doesn't conflict with the bank account.

But it's Google so I skip this app.

Anyways, it's still not my or your task to tell other people how to use their device. This is generally something I'd recommend for any kind situation: don't tell others what to do.

(And no, I'm not telling you not to tell others what to do, I'm only recommending it!)

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

(And no, I'm not telling you not to tell others what to do, I'm only recommending it!)

HAHA! It's difficult to be consistent. Mega respect for making the effort. :)

I highly recommend not using this feature on any device ever, for the reasons we've already discussed. But, c'est la vie. I also highly recommend being patient with the wonderful people at F(x)tec while they iron out these little tiny bugs. I'm sure no one bought the Pro1 specifically to use Google Pay. Keep your old phone in your pocket for that for a minute. LOL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not software features, but 2 small things that bug me about the phone:

- That IMEI sticker on the back.  I wish it was somewhere less easily visible, like the flap that shows the CE logo when the keyboard is opened (if you don't know why this isn't so nice read the discussion in this thread

- The phone is a bit slippery and the back surface, while beautiful, scuffs way to easily

I haven't had a chance properly use the phone; now that I've installed Magisk (thanks @Linkandzelda) I'll try to remove all the Google apps and it'll be ready for action.

• Like 1