Jump to content
rejujacob

Discussion and testing on features and known&potential issues

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, netman said:

The sensors hypothesis holds water! This actually may help the devs :).

Yeah there is something fishy there.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ddark-il said:

Settings -> Connected Devices -> Gear Icon -> Disable HD audio: Qualcomm...

Tell me if it works

Ended up being my Galaxy Watch disliking the PXC 550 being paired, after I disconnected it I could pair.

New problem: AMD Link doesn't give me any sound, nor does the PXC 550 with playing Youtube/this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Sure tell me what to do more exactly - know nothing on how torn the logging on/off nor where to look for the log...

can you maybe install smart tools from play and try it.

its not a tool to check sensors or any logs but it make use of lots of these sensors.

so if any part of the this app fails might indicate which sensor(s) are problematic

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds to me like Fxtec better sets up a bug tracker before too many devices are delivered, so stuff gets collected in an ordered manner.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, not to insult anyone, but how exactly is the ability to pay for your fuel and groceries related to a phone? This is a classic example of allowing one thing in your life to exert too much control over it. I really don't want to get into a huge ethical discussion about this, but certain people here are focusing on utterly non-smartphone features that are not at all innate to the use-case scenario for which a smartphone was built, and complaining that a smartphone can't do stuff which essentially has nothing to do with being a smartphone. Smartphones were made to communicate, not to transfer money at a point-of-sale. Can we at least remember that we are discussing a communicator like no other before we condemn it for not being able to pay for a burger?

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silversolver said:

OK, not to insult anyone, but how exactly is the ability to pay for your fuel and groceries related to a phone? This is a classic example of allowing one thing in your life to exert too much control over it. I really don't want to get into a huge ethical discussion about this, but certain people here are focusing on utterly non-smartphone features that are not at all innate to the use-case scenario for which a smartphone was built, and complaining that a smartphone can't do stuff which essentially has nothing to do with being a smartphone. Smartphones were made to communicate, not to transfer money at a point-of-sale. Can we at least remember that we are discussing a communicator like no other before we condemn it for not being able to pay for a burger?

I don't use Google Pay either due to privacy reasons, but your argument is still wrong.

It doesn't matter what smartphones were created for, it's the question what they are used for. And if people are used to watching the latest dog pictures in some internet forum (cough cough), then their criticism would be absolutely valid, if they couldn't do that with the Pro1.

NFC payments have been part of smartphones a while ago and for many people have become a selling point nowadays. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean that an advertised function can be missing or not working.

Also, phones were made for calling, so everything else must be expendable. Right?

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the keyboard backlight? I remember it was reported on some of the last pre-production devices, that backlight was uneven. Is that still the case on the units received by people on this forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, silversolver said:

OK, not to insult anyone, but how exactly is the ability to pay for your fuel and groceries related to a phone? This is a classic example of allowing one thing in your life to exert too much control over it. I really don't want to get into a huge ethical discussion about this, but certain people here are focusing on utterly non-smartphone features that are not at all innate to the use-case scenario for which a smartphone was built, and complaining that a smartphone can't do stuff which essentially has nothing to do with being a smartphone. Smartphones were made to communicate, not to transfer money at a point-of-sale. Can we at least remember that we are discussing a communicator like no other before we condemn it for not being able to pay for a burger?

Can you they explain smartphone features?

If its just for communication then maybe you can get a $100 phone that can communicate pretty well and battery last a week.

Now a days paying by smartphone is normal and the definition of smartphone is the device smart enough to perform most of the tasks.

I just my smartphone to pay all the time. there are lots of benefits and convenience with it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, silversolver said:

Smartphones were made ... not to transfer money at a point-of-sale.

Maybe some weren't.  But this one was.  It's even listed in specs on home page, as someone already pointed out.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krzysieq said:

How is the keyboard backlight? I remember it was reported on some of the last pre-production devices, that backlight was uneven. Is that still the case on the units received by people on this forum?

Slightly uneven yes. It matters less on the (unshifted) qwertZ though as the second column is letters as standard, but on the shifted qwertY it is physically lesser symbols,

But I think it will only matter in the beginning, as any user will quickly learn where things are relative to each other. I mean when you know the accent on the qwertY is between the Tab and the Q, that are both clearly visible, it is less important whether the actual accent is clearly visible.

Similar you (with or without backlight) have to have good eyes/look closely to see the difference between the dot and the comma. But as we are used to the comma being left of the dot, it does not matter in real usage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Craig said:

Maybe some weren't.  But this one was.  It's even listed in specs on home page, as someone already pointed out.  

And Waxberry already told that the certification is at the final stage and will be coming above, Would anyone have preferred an additional delay until the certification is completely finished? Just asking... 😇

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

And Waxberry already told that the certification is at the final stage and will be coming above, Would anyone have preferred an additional delay until the certification is completely finished? Just asking... 😇

Depends, if the certification is finished before or after the second batch 😛

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

And Waxberry already told that the certification is at the final stage and will be coming above, Would anyone have preferred an additional delay until the certification is completely finished? Just asking... 😇

No!!! i dont want any delay

Even if the Pro1 is sent without the motherboard & processor in it 😛

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kashif said:

@EskeRahn can you tell us if the following works?

Bluetooth

OTG

FM Radio

Not EskeRahn, but I can tell Bluetooth works but seems to have some issues. Somebody else already reporter of issues pairing with some headset. Today I tried with a bluetooth receiver (Procaster BT-02) which receives bluetooth signal and sends it to my home stereo. Basic connection/pairin works but looks like aptX doesn't work. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kashif said:

@EskeRahn can you tell us if the following works?

Bluetooth

OTG

FM Radio

Only tried the radio. And it works better than I dared hope for. I would like to find a better app though. You should remember to set the bands, and I recommend to turn OFF the alternate frequency scan - as it temporarily mutes the sound, which is really annoying.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 6:27 PM, ddark-il said:

Not sure about this one, but I think it need to be checked -  AptX HD is not working with wh1000xm3, got no other headphones to confirm it that it’s a software  issue 

Under developer options, a setting MIGHT need to be changed from default:

Screenshot_20191122-165714.png

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I don't use Google Pay either due to privacy reasons, but your argument is still wrong.

It doesn't matter what smartphones were created for, it's the question what they are used for. And if people are used to watching the latest dog pictures in some internet forum (cough cough), then their criticism would be absolutely valid, if they couldn't do that with the Pro1.

NFC payments have been part of smartphones a while ago and for many people have become a selling point nowadays. Just because you don't use it, doesn't mean that an advertised function can be missing or not working.

Also, phones were made for calling, so everything else must be expendable. Right?

Phones were made for calling, but smartphones were made to be communicators in a more diverse modern world where other communications are quite common. It's still basically a communications-specific device. I would never use Google Pay because privacy, and Google, but even if I were, it's SOOOOO much more work to pull out a wallet and a credit card, or [horrors!] CASH!!!

WAS this an advertised function? I didn't see it advertised. I may have simply overlooked it as it is completely irrelevant to me. At any rate Waxberry has confirmed that this is a short-term issue.

EDIT: consensus is that it was advertised.

Edited by silversolver
update
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Phones were made for calling, but smartphones were made to be communicators in a more diverse modern world where other communications are quite common. It's still basically a communications-specific device. I would never use Google Pay because privacy, and Google, but even if I were, it's SOOOOO much more work to pull out a wallet and a credit card, or [horrors!] CASH!!!

WAS this an advertised function? I didn't see it advertised. I may have simply overlooked it as it is completely irrelevant to me. At any rate Waxberry has confirmed that this is a short-term issue.

EDIT: consensus is that it was advertised.

If it wasn't Google, Apple and so on, I'd use it too.

It's contactless (something not all banks have as a standard) and for small payments which I make a lot, it would be really useful to have a list of purchases which doesn't conflict with the bank account.

But it's Google so I skip this app.

Anyways, it's still not my or your task to tell other people how to use their device. This is generally something I'd recommend for any kind situation: don't tell others what to do.

(And no, I'm not telling you not to tell others what to do, I'm only recommending it!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

(And no, I'm not telling you not to tell others what to do, I'm only recommending it!)

HAHA! It's difficult to be consistent. Mega respect for making the effort. :)

I highly recommend not using this feature on any device ever, for the reasons we've already discussed. But, c'est la vie. I also highly recommend being patient with the wonderful people at F(x)tec while they iron out these little tiny bugs. I'm sure no one bought the Pro1 specifically to use Google Pay. Keep your old phone in your pocket for that for a minute. LOL!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 6:00 PM, EskeRahn said:

Under developer options, a setting MIGHT need to be changed from default:

Played with that, doesn't seems to change anything.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not software features, but 2 small things that bug me about the phone:

- That IMEI sticker on the back.  I wish it was somewhere less easily visible, like the flap that shows the CE logo when the keyboard is opened (if you don't know why this isn't so nice read the discussion in this thread

- The phone is a bit slippery and the back surface, while beautiful, scuffs way to easily

I haven't had a chance properly use the phone; now that I've installed Magisk (thanks @Linkandzelda) I'll try to remove all the Google apps and it'll be ready for action.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms