On the pre-production status

1 hour ago, ttodd said:

Given your tirade is based on error in inference ["it sounds like..."] and a eschews point *5 ...I will simply say: You have a beautiful way with words [even angry ones], and your grammar is impeccable 🙂

OK fine, I'll take that as epiphanic. LOL! I re-read your post and it didn't sound as mean-spirited the second time as it did the first, so I'll own I overreacted a little. That said, you do say some things that are pretty bizarre, such as accusing @EskeRahn of intending to hurt people's feelings and harm the company by defending them....it honestly doesn't even make sense. Also, the way you "reframe"-d "distrustful" as "the educated among us" smacks of elitism, and frankly that is why my initial reaction was so strong. As you complemented my writing, that doesn't indicate that you think I'm uneducated, (which I'm not), so again, it doesn't make sense.

Since you clearly think that point number 5 is a big deal, I'll clearly and unambiguously state that I do not. I actually expressed in this forum awhile ago that I was perfectly fine with them moving the whiners to the front of the line to avoid having to give them refunds. Some others took issue with that, unsurprisingly. I have waited a long time already, and have devices which, while old, still meet my needs, and waiting a little longer to help the company is not a problem for me. I know I am not alone in this feeling. I can see where it might feel deceptive, particularly because of the NDA, but I see it as simply an effort to give as many people as possible the device they ordered, and minimize the collateral damage the production delays have caused.

Given that we're all here, it's reasonable to suppose that we all desire the same thing: successful fulfillment of Clack orders, with a strong company backing them who will give it a long service life and a successor. The actions you took work against that end, from the requesting of the refund, to the pursuing of a chargeback, and posting a forum message fomenting distrust, so again, it doesn't make sense. It could make sense if you were angry at F(x)tec and simply trying to do as much damage as possible out of spite, but I'm not so quick to assume that as you were to assume (edit: technically only suggest, "suspect") some equally unflattering things about others here.

So I ask then, what am I missing that causes this to not make sense?

Edited by silversolver
Suggest
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, rpimonitrbtch said:

Idunno, I rather liked the Galaxy S Relay 4g while it lasted. Launched in 2012, so less than 10 years.

Fair enough, but well within reasonable rounding to 10 years. I had the slightly older model, in fact, the i927 Captivate Glide. Still do, in fact, though it sadly hasn't been usable since 2015, for me. I managed to put one of the last builds of CyanogenMod on it and got a little bit longer life out of it, but when you can't even get Google Maps to work properly on the go, you can't really call that functional anymore.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Artemis-kun said:

@silversolver Thanks for the welcome, and the kind words! I'll admit I may have seemed a bit harsh in my post, and I was sure it's all been said before, but I just felt like trying to balance things out a bit, heh. Plus, my professional experience in a related industry lends a bit of weight to my words, I think.

I've spent a lot of time around the xda community, and it seems most people who are into Android tend to be fair minded folk. On that note, I am a bit of an old hand by now when it comes to Android and its use and specifically with customizing ROMs and various other OS-level aspects through the work I've done previously, so I'll hopefully be able to add to the community a bit once I get a Pro1 myself. I'm definitely a pretty big fan of LOS, so I'll be looking to dabble in builds for that once I am able, though if Fxtec's stock Android experience is as clean as they claim, I might have to give it a try first heh 😛

You'll certainly be seeing me around, in any case!

I'm very excited that another developer is interested in LOS for Clack! LOS is keeping my Droid 4 daily driver almost relevant. 😉@tdm has been building LOS for Clack, so you two definitely should connect. I believe he has a device, but may be misremembering. It would be easier if you had one. 😉 In all sincerity though, are you hesitating about buying this particular device, or simply not ready to purchase another device at all?

As to your post being harsh.....it was pointed where necessary, but appropriate and generally very positive, and I feel it met a need.

Edited by silversolver
Droid 4
  • Like 3
44 minutes ago, silversolver said:

I'm very excited that another developer is interested in LOS for Clack! LOS is keeping my Droid 4 daily driver almost relevant. 😉@tdm has been building LOS for Clack, so you two definitely should connect. I believe he has a device, but may be misremembering. It would be easier if you had one. 😉 In all sincerity though, are you hesitating about buying this particular device, or simply not ready to purchase another device at all?

As to your post being harsh.....it was pointed where necessary, but appropriate and generally very positive, and I feel it met a need.

Well, it's more that I find myself in a bit of a... transitional phase, work-wise, at the moment 😛 let's just say I have nothing kind to say about office politics, and have learned my lesson to steer clear of those types of employ. It's not worth it.

So while I could in theory afford it immediately, it would be somewhat unwise to do so until I've found a suitable replacement for my work, as it were. Hence why my tone may have been a bit pointed at times because I don't want to have to immediately pick the phone up if I have to, but I'm not about to miss an opportunity for something as perfect for my needs as the Pro1 will undoubtedly be.

I should also be clear that I'm not a developer directly myself, I just was involved heavily with a lot of Android developers through my work. My experience was more on the hardware end of things: design, procurement, deployment, troubleshooting, and testing. That said, I have fiddled around with building ROMs in a personal capacity, and I have studied programming formally, so I could probably pick things up fairly quickly.

• Like 2

If F(x)tec is able to ship all pre-orders before Chinese New Year (holidays commonly between January 25th and February 8th) F(x)tec might be able to ship "normal" orders during March. It looks like that production and logistic issues are solved now so manufacturing and sending new units should be faster than previously. However, this is just an educated guess and I might be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'll be the mean guy.

38 minutes ago, rlpowell said:

a decent estimate

No, no one have, and if you read anything here it will only be wild guest.

Fxtec them-self didn't meet a single deadline they setted themself, and they are the one with the more up to date data.

I have cancelled my order mid November and i'm waiting of official same day shipping before trying again.

If you don't need your money, and are OK waiting until it arrive (i should be before April, but be ready to wait until July just in case),  you are free to Order now

But else, please don't. This forum really don't need another poor guy waiting patiently for what is rightfully his, and getting slap in the face delay after delay.

Edited by vlycop
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

As I read this thread, a saying comes to mind. The foolish think they're smart and know everything. On the contrary, the wise know they are lacking. 🙂

Anyways, I hope things go well and we'll all get our devices and suddenly this thread is a ghost town since no one needs to check it anymore. I wonder if we'll hit 150 pages.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rlpowell said:

Anybody have a decent estimate as to how long I'd be waiting if I ordered a phone right now?

Mid-February, as the current pre-orders will ship by the end of this month. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, rpimonitrbtch said:

Idunno, I rather liked the Galaxy S Relay 4g while it lasted. Launched in 2012, so less than 10 years.

Personally my last real slider was the Xperia (Neo) Pro from 2011, but it also has a bit of compromise about it, the top was non-tilted, had large bezels and low resolution. And the space was quite limited, so things needed to be moved to an SD almost from day one. So it feels like waiting more than 10 years though it strictly was not.

• Like 1

That's a lot of confidence.

I suggest ordering it when all preorders are shipped. If they manage to do it by January, that's great. If they won't, which is probably according their past, you won't need to be angry or sad about it. You just order it when they are ready.

Edited by SchattengestaIt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, vlycop said:

...you are free to Order now

But else, please don't. This forum really don't need another poor guy waiting patiently for what is rightfully his, and getting slap in the face delay after delay.

I would put it otherwise. for those that has not already pre ordered, the benefit of ordering now rather than when F(x)tec got it in stock for 'next-day-send' will be limited to getting it a few days faster, unless the demand will be so massive that they will have trouble with keeping up the supply with he demand.

11 minutes ago, PC_ said:

No disrespect to @Erik but I've heard that before 🤣

I am well aware :). Chen is in the factory right now, and he expects them to produce all of the pre-orders before the Chinese New Year. The meant to be "big batch" has already been produced, but this time we'll be shipping all of the pre-orders together, not parts of them. Small batches keep our customers happy, but they take longer to get around as it would mean allocating more workforce to the delivery side, multiple times, while right now the priority is to produce all of the pre-orders and ship them all at once. Therefore, the advised deadline  "by the end of January" is still very much in place as per the latest director's update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
19 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The job of your local fire brigade is to extinguish fires. Yet you will be wasting their time if you ask them to extinguish a candle, that you could easily blow out yourself.

Good idea, fire departments are not good at recovering money from internet purchases. I think instead my CC will help... They shake down any payment over 200€ 

Challenge accepted!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
5 minutes ago, rob said:

Good idea, fire departments are not good at recovering money from internet purchases. I think instead my CC will help... They shake down any payment over 200€ 

Challenge accepted!

If that is your approach to analogies, you better never try to read the Bible. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, kontakt said:

@Val I'm pretty sure that IGG backers are part of this batch and not prioritized. 😞
(which is economically sensible)

I also assume IGG backers are not prioritized. However, if they ship all phones together from China, it also don't really make sense or at least it means only a few days difference so the time they need to prepare and ship all remaining pre-orders after they arrived to their intermediate distribution places.

However, I hope they will ship them by this deadline and there will be additional general orders from users looking at the device at someone's hands. 🙂

...and by that time Pro1's community may start to gain more and more members and developers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, cmar said:

This update belongs also to this thread

It seems the plan has changed again:

Yes and no. Erik's reply definitely belongs in here, but he states that the plan has in fact not changed, and all preorders will be sent out by the end of January:

"I am well aware :). Chen is in the factory right now, and he expects them to produce all of the pre-orders before the Chinese New Year. The meant to be "big batch" has already been produced, but this time we'll be shipping all of the pre-orders together, not parts of them. Small batches keep our customers happy, but they take longer to get around as it would mean allocating more workforce to the delivery side, multiple times, while right now the priority is to produce all of the pre-orders and ship them all at once. Therefore, the advised deadline  "by the end of January" is still very much in place as per the latest director's update." - Erik [Sorry I can't figure out how to get multiple quotes in here from different forums]

Fingers crossed & God willing, some day the common man might be so advanced as to have a keyboard attached to his phone....a man only dream.

Edit: You are right, apologies. I am probably mixing up messages. Hard to believe since all of the info is so clearly labeled and defined by the company.

Edited by rubleaj
On 12/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, Erik said:

The big batch which should make a lot of you happy is expected to leave the factory in the 1st week of January, which is also when we expect you’ll have the tracking details. We would like to thank everyone for their patience.

"Leave the factory in the 1st week of January". Definitely a change of plan.

33 minutes ago, cmar said:

"Leave the factory in the 1st week of January". Definitely a change of plan.

No. Now they are talking about all the rest of the pre-orders. The "big batch" mentioned for 1. week was said to to cover "3/10"

exactly persons in this 3/10 batch will have to wait 2-3 more weeks (compared to old plan) since all pre orders are dispatched now only on 25th January (instead of this week.; no more big batch first week of January)

Edited by Guest