On the pre-production status

39 minutes ago, Muth said:

Do you think they finished with the assignment mails ?

I'm still expecting either a "stock assigned" or an "apology" mail - I don't believe they're quite done yet with mails.

I've had some exposure with automailer programs and I know finding the right value for "mails per minute" without being immediately blacklisted can be tricky.

• Thanks 3
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

I've had some exposure with automailer programs and I know finding the right value for "mails per minute" without being immediately blacklisted can be tricky.

From what has been said in the previous (and quite possibly only) wave for this last batch, the setting has been set to "all of them": everybody seems to have received the mail around the 43rd minute.

Edited by Raksura
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Eine für Sie bestimmte Sendung wurde heute von FedEx abgeholt. Die Zustellung ist vorgesehen für den Freitag, 24. Januar 2020.

Wauw, so we are talking delivery in Europe before CNY. Now that was a pleasant surprise! 😎

wait, i received messages from fedex about a delivery on friday. this is for the phone already?

i just ordered a bunch of other stuff that i expect by the end of the week, i assumed that was what the fedex messages were about...

Edited by SaiKo

Hi,

are you satisfied with Pro 1 camera? And what about camera application? I think, camera app (Snapdragon camera) is terrible. Maybe the worst, what i see in smartphones... It fall, auto flash did not work good, photos are dark sometimes, interior photos have noise. Does Fxtec plan some better app? My 5 years old Lumia 950 produce better photos 😞 And the camera button? Horror...

And the back are very susceptible to scratch. After one week I have some on back edge.

I other way I am very satisfied, but not with camera...

Edited by josefkubes
1 hour ago, Wheeljack said:

I'm still expecting either a "stock assigned" or an "apology" mail - I don't believe they're quite done yet with mails.

Thanks for sharing your experience with automailers. 

It would be nice to have an 'apology' message indeed. In that way, no doubt would be possible.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Tsunero said:

Too bad they didn't actually kept to it... Fingers crossed that there will be more stock assigned e-mails going out today but I am not amused so far. Pre-ordered early, paid early, but I will most likely get screwed with waiting yet another 1-1,5 month because I am from a small country.  Totally fair...

Well what matters (as I understand it) is the fraction within each country, so if a large fraction in your country paid even earlier than you, they are the lucky ones.

It is a matter of how early it is needed to have paid to be among the first 70% in the country.

The fluctuations are larger for countries with few orders, as each order matters more. If in a country with only three orders, the two first will reach close to the 70%, leaving out the third. But this also means that just a single additional order paid after the third would have put the third person in the lucky group, even if the third order was paid quite late. So Large fluctuations (both ways) can be expected in countries with few orders.

2 minutes ago, Muth said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with automailers. 

It would be nice to have an 'apology' message indeed. In that way, no doubt would be possible.

We have one of those reported in this thread yesterday, but I do not know if that was a general mail or a personal answer to a support question. But would be nice if they sent out a mail to the remaining 30%, to clear things up, and not leaving people with a false hope of a missed mail,

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, josefkubes said:

Hi,

are you satisfied with Pro 1 camera? And what about camera application? I think, camera app (Snapdragon camera) is terrible. Maybe the worst, what i see in smartphones... It fall, auto flash did not work good, photos are dark sometimes, interior photos have noise. Does Fxtec plan some better app? My 5 years old Lumia 950 produce better photos 😞 And the camera button? Horror...

And the back are very susceptible to scratch. After one week I have some on back edge.

I other way I am very satisfied, but not with camera...

The camera in it self is fine I think, but the software/driver can clearly be improved. The Camera2 API is implemented (though not flawless), opening for a range of third party apps, So you can use an app like "Open Camera", but here the HDR is not currently working well (the app does HDR fine elsewhere)

1 minute ago, Toby Lerone said:

I got my stock assigned email yesterday - I do hope to get tracking details today like other people have been getting.

Samsung S8+ is really starting to slow - but that might be the sim card. What size SIM does the Pro 1 use for its primary I can then get a replacement ready.

Dual Nano SIM with microSD support (shared with SIM #2),
no SIM tool needed

You can find this info at the bottom of the fxtec.com page.

• Thanks 2
57 minutes ago, SaiKo said:

wait, i received messages from fedex about a delivery on friday. this is for the phone already?

i just ordered a bunch of other stuff that i expect by the end of the week, i assumed that was what the fedex messages were about...

Could be @holter told in the other thread that the reference number they use is the Fxtec order number, so try and see if one of them matches 🤞

• Like 1
3 hours ago, stavers said:

Pre-order - 29th August

Full order - 8th September

Order Number - 339XX

IGG - No

Country - UK

No stock assigned email which, looking at order dates from other countries that do have assignemnt, is hardly surprising.  I was holding out a tiny sliver of hope that a pre-order from almost 5 months ago wouldn't fall in to the "recent" pre-order category that wouldn't make shipment.  On that logic, a ~7 month old pre-order from the end of July is "ancient" and a ~5 month old one is recent 🙂

I was certainly hoping that I would be included as my Priv is becoming a bit unreliable - even with a brand new battery fitted.  The only thing that has meant I have kept my pre-order is that the processor on the Cosmo is not much better than the Priv!  If it was a newer one I have a feeling I would have long ago switched alliance!

But the Cosmo isn't really a phone.....it is, but it's also not. It's a candy bar phone with a small touch screen when it's in the closed position, and it's a UMPC with a great keyboard when it's open on a table, but to type in bed or on the couch......

we dont do that here.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ktharsia said:

I think they haven't produced enough qwertz-layout devices. Because only igg-backers have received 'stock assigned' emails for this layout yesterday.

Pre-order: 06.03.2019
paid: 01.08.2019
Order Number: 80xx
IGG: No
Layout: QWERTZ

No Stock assigned (yet)

This is really weird compared to this above, so I suggest check you spam filter an extra time

Please ignore, misread the post I compared with.

3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

This is really weird compared to this above, so I suggest check you spam filter an extra time

Nothing in these two examples can contradict our current understanding of the sorting order (or imply that one of them should have gotten a message), since neither got stock assigned. Have you perhaps made a mistake in the example you chose?

Edited by Raksura
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Raksura said:

Nothing in these two examples can contradict our current understanding of the sorting order, since neither got stock assigned. Have you perhaps made a mistake in the example you chose?

Yes I did! Sorry, saw it as the first DID get a stock assigned, sorry!

Just to confirm something about my preorder: I ordered/paid Aug 31 (#34xxx, no coupon, so I know I'm down the line with the order position which is fine). My order says:

"$696.89 USD charged at a future date for 1 item" but I definitely already paid. I am assuming the "charged at a future date" doesn't actually mean they haven't received my payment yet? (the Status of the order is "Processing"). Thanks for any help!

Edit: Glad to see everyone's says the same haha. I assumed it was just poor wording, but the feedback is appreciated!

Edited by rubleaj
Just now, rubleaj said:

"$696.89 USD charged at a future date for 1 item" but I definitely already paid. I am assuming the "charged at a future date" doesn't actually mean they haven't received my payment yet? (the Status of the order is "Processing"). Thanks for any help!

It's just the quirks of the web interface, don't worry about it. We all have that until we get the tracking numbers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, rubleaj said:

Just to confirm something about my preorder: I ordered/paid Aug 31 (#34xxx, no coupon, so I know I'm down the line with the order position which is fine). My order says:

It's just very poor wording everyone's says the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, silversolver said:

But the Cosmo isn't really a phone.....it is, but it's also not. It's a candy bar phone with a small touch screen when it's in the closed position, and it's a UMPC with a great keyboard when it's open on a table, but to type in bed or on the couch......

Yeah - I get that.  But given I'm going to have to give up 1-handed keyboard typing going back to the landscape slider (portrait is so good on the Priv for that) it's not the end of the world for me.  I would genuinely love a new Priv - just with latest Android OS & Snapdragon chip (maybe a bit more memory) - but it was searching for news about whether there would be a Key3 that I came across this phone.  Will definitely be interesting going back to a landscape slider again since it's been about 8 / 10 years since I've had one.

I have to say that I am also seriously considering going away from physical qwerty (again!) if the new RAZR comes along on a good deal to be honest.  I know that it will have drawbacks but I do like the form factor and think it looks pretty cool.

Edited by stavers
spelling

I won t put too much trust into the annouced 70% of preorder shipped by end of month.

What do they really call Pre-Order ?

Order made before July 31st ? 

Order made before 4th Nov (the date of the first batch shipped) 

All Order until now ?

They really never spoke about real numbers.

Do we even know how many Pro1 have been shipped so far ?

100, 1000, 10 000 ?

F(x)tec assigning stock across pre-orders as fair as possible (2020, colorized)
stockassignment.jpg.3098f559d5309408edb6610166c8e6a2.jpg
(I'm pretty happy with what I got, but we can still poke some fun, right?)

Edit:
I did not intend to have the post here, rather than the meme thread, but it happened and is here now. Don't take this too seriously.

Edited by elvissteinjr
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1