On the pre-production status

54 minutes ago, A Dude said:
10 hours ago, Gon009 said:

nobody is going to buy a 718 euro phone that has hardware that can be found now in ~350 euro ones

Which 718€ phone are you talking about - and what 350€ has the same hardware? I would be quite surprised if those existed. If it was parfume, ok, but I never saw somthing like that regarding technical devices.

Well he is (unsurprisingly), forgetting a slight detail in that compare: The keyboard slider. I guess for the remaining 99% in here, that is the only reason why we are interested in the Pro1.... 🙄

I wonder if he would compare the price of a galaxy fold with a galaxy S10, with similar specs, ignoring the slight detail that one of them folds?

The only roughly fair compares to the Pro1 will be with the BB Key2 and the Cosmo. Though they are not directly comparable either. (Not saying one is better than the other, it is a matter of the users preferences)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, A Dude said:

My order number is bigger than 30,000. So I'll go for "at least 35k orders".

35k orders

2587 users

77 (now :D) with 10+ posts

10 power-complaining

=>

7.4% of people who ordered, registered on this forum (every 14ths person)

0.22% are active on the forum (every 455ths person)

0.029% voice that they are very unhappy (one in 3500 persons)

If you sell a product and only one out of 3500 customers complains, I'd argue, you did  a good job! 🙂

Edit: This might also explain, why Fxtec does not hang around here - because they would only reach less than 8% of their future user base by doing so.

I beg You not to forget people like myself in here, albeit it's probably hard to estimate the number of people with almost their CCs in their hands just waiting to see preorderers receive their Pro1's to click the "Buy" button. I'm actually hanging out for the first independent reviews from something like techradar as well, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot more cautiously-natured people interested than just me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, CollinstheClown said:

Man this wait sucks.

In one message you have summed it up!

I freaking love this!

We are all feeling this way and I assume we will all be spamming the thread with images when the phones come. But as said before I really want to take Chen on his word and believe our phones will be with us by mid December. 🙂

beg You not to forget people like myself

I guess if less than 8% of buying customers register on this forum, the amount of maybe-customers will be even more a lot less. So shopping-wise, you're an absolute PRO - and there aren't many PROs out there (also not many Pro1s :D).

Most people would consider a Pro1 if verge/anandtech/yourFavYTInfluencer talks about it. So my estimate would be that more than 90% of potential interested customers for this device is currently not yet aware of its existence.

It's only "hard-core geeks" like us, who actively searched, who found it already.

Yet, we need to be honest to ourselves and face the fact that we are an absolute minority.

Edited by A Dude
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, A Dude said:

My order number is bigger than 30,000. So I'll go for "at least 35k orders".

35k orders

2587 users

77 (now :D) with 10+ posts

10 power-complaining

=>

7.4% of people who ordered, registered on this forum (every 14ths person)

0.22% are active on the forum (every 455ths person)

0.029% voice that they are very unhappy (one in 3500 persons)

If you sell a product and only one out of 3500 customers complains, I'd argue, you did  a good job! 🙂

Edit: This might also explain, why Fxtec does not hang around here - because they would only reach less than 8% of their future user base by doing so.

Your calculation is extremely wrong.

It was said before that we can expect up to 3000 paid orders, it's probably even less. Order numbers seem to be given for any phone sitting in a cart (in order to prevent double orders), but not being paid yet.

That fits with the 2.5k users in the forum, although many of them will be spectators not having bought a device yet (speaking of future user base).

Let's say at least 30% of the orders are registered users in this forum, which would mean 1000 orders with forum "activity". The amount of active users doesn't matter, it's the amount of readers which matters.

This thread was read 62k times.

Many of us have clicked it multiple times but there's a lot of interest in this topic. Also, there's far more than one complaint (just read the previous pages), and we all agree that there should be more transparency about the whole process.

Ignoring all those people doesn't make it better. And I'm sure that if nothing changes by christmas, A LOT of orders will be cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

Ignoring all those people doesn't make it better. And I'm sure that if nothing changes by christmas, A LOT of orders will be cancelled.

What should we do instead of ignoring it? It is a user2user Forum. I doubt anybody from FxTec is still reading this thread. So you are complaining at some random users, and most of us are not hairdressers...

But I agree that it must be here on X-Mas for a lot of people.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, A Dude said:

I guess if less than 8% of buying customers register on this forum, the amount of maybe-customers will be even more a lot less. So shopping-wise, you're an absolute PRO - and there aren't many PROs out there (also not many Pro1s :D).

Most people would consider a Pro1 if verge/anandtech/yourFavYTInfluencer talks about it. So my estimate would be that more than 90% of potential interested customers for this device is currently not yet aware of its existence.

It's only "hard-core geeks" like us, who actively searched, who found it already.

Yet, we need to be honest to ourselves and face the fact that we are an absolute minority.

I beg to differ :) Take a look here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/2018-smartphone-sales-decline-news/ . It says the smartphone market pushes roughly 1.5bln devices a year. I think it's fair and safe to say that with very few exceptions all these devices are pretty much the same thing - a rectangular touchscreen in some form of chassis. Instead of taking a risk of trying to bring something truly new to the market, manufacturers compete with each other by letting You choose how badly damaged and bloated a distribution of Android You want to torture Yourself with for the duration of Your next carrier contract, alternative being some ridiculously overpriced IOS devices whose manufacturer is essentially to blame for the current state of things.

As ridiculous as that number is, how many of those do You think are bought because there's simply no reasonable alternative to choose? Even if that's 0.01%, You're still talking about roughly 150 000 devices a year that go to slightly dissatisfied, disgruntled or downright annoyed customers who need or want to replace a device yet they have no other choice but a rectangular touchscreen slab. If the Pro1 bites off 1/5 of that I think it will be a success for FXTec, but who knows, maybe the phone can do even better...

Edited by Krzysieq

@EskeRahn @Doktor Oswaldo @A Dude have we all just seen @Erik update?

I am gonna be honest! I am super optimistic! You guys have all got orders before mine so expect picture spam and a heads up to any tricks or shortcuts or apps that work best! Thank you in advance! 🙏😉

@Hook I can't believe to add you in this! Between the 4 of you all you should have all sorted in time for when I get mine! 🙂

Edited by robert.prior1985
Forgot to tag Hook
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, matf said:

I am impatient, but have more pressing matters than trying to decipher and enumerate the multiple reasons why production, custom clearance, shipping, stock management and overall logistics could be delayed for a startup that has no leverage to pressure contractors.

Very well said, that's a darn good summary!!

Thank you Erik for this update! 

maybe should disable posting in this thread, delet our messages and leave discussions to other threads.

Edit: this was my answer on the on the new info thread before beeing moved

Edited by mcdinner
addition
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

And there is a lump of users who just go here and hope to see an official status update which does not appear. It unpleasantly starts to resemble the story like with the Motomod Keyboard - few prototypes were made, but there was no mass production ever. People here talking about some "Pro2" and making up excuses on behalf of FXtec that boasts on social network about the phone but didn't deliver anything apart from few prototypes are rergretable.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Erik said:

....the old shipping update thread is getting a little confusing. I will likely rearrange how it's treated shortly. Currently, there's a lot of misinformation there.

That's a very polite understatement!!!!  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, mcdinner said:

Thank you Erik for this update! 

maybe should disable posting in this thread, delet our messages and leave discussions to other threads.

ditto, the other thread other than @Erik updates has nothing useful.

Edited by _DW_
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Krzysieq said:

I beg to differ 🙂

[...] Even if that's 0.01%, You're still talking about roughly 150 000 devices a year [...] If the Pro1 bites off 1/5 of that [...]

So you agree to disagree? 😉

If most people are yet to come, this means we are indeed that hard-core-geek-group, that found the device already. 😉

• Like 2

This is last update:

"As per the last time you received a director's update, there's nothing significantly new - our team is still working really hard to meet our own deadlines to fulfil all pre-orders and launch before the festive season. While stock rotations between warehouses (factory > Hong Kong hub > US & UK/EU) took slightly longer than initially predicted, due to the customs and weekends off, the first batch has been fulfilled and is on it's way to the customers that have been emailed, even if there's no tracking yet - it's coming. We expect everyone from the first batch will have their devices delivered late this week to early-next week. I cannot wait to hear back from some of you once your devices arrive in the coming days :)."

They promised to ship 29th october, and no tracking yet.

So i decide to cancel my order.

Edited by Spocchio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, schmock said:

Well, I'll believe that this is a fact when people start posting their unboxing videos and reviews.

2 hours ago, Erik said:

A small informal update for you. As you should be aware by now, my updates do not represent what PR might have to say, but I'll give you the latest and best to my knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

"While stock rotations between warehouses (factory > Hong Kong hub > US & UK/EU) took slightly longer than initially predicted, due to the customs and weekends off, the first batch has been fulfilled and is on it's way to the customers that have been emailed, even if there's no tracking yet - it's coming."

how is it possible what you shipped 29th october and 13 november no one has a tracking number yet?

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Spocchio said:

"While stock rotations between warehouses (factory > Hong Kong hub > US & UK/EU) took slightly longer than initially predicted, due to the customs and weekends off, the first batch has been fulfilled and is on it's way to the customers that have been emailed, even if there's no tracking yet - it's coming."

how is it possible what you shipped 29th october and 13 november no one has a tracking number yet?

Because the " slightly " is an understatement...

• Like 1