On the pre-production status

2 minutes ago, Hook said:

I just received my new "stock assigned" email this morning.  It explicitly says it is headed from the factory to the fulfillment warehouse and then customs.  I'm first batch US., so this is my second stock assigned email-- the first one resulted in US Customs sending it back to HK.

I'm wondering if this is the first batch coming back with the right paperwork or if this is part of the second batch. Obviously, I'm excited in either case, but I'm hoping the latter because it means a lot of folks will be getting theirs soon.

Great news! It should be the second larger one according to first section of this https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2461-pro1-pre-orders-updates/?do=findComment&comment=34883

• Like 3
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, epninety said:

It often feels more like the end of the first tunnel joins the start of the first one, and the light at the end is the approaching train, going round, and round, and round .... :classic_tongue:

source.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
22 hours ago, Zamasu said:

Did I miss something?

Oh,  I guess not. Which signs? Just the message that they're supposed to leave this week? Because I haven't seen any updates past that, and I wouldn't call that a high likelihood to the second batch being shipped already. In fact the absence of any message makes it seem likely they haven't been shipped yet in my opinion.

They left! https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2463-got-your-pro1-tracking-number-or-stock-assigned-message-post-here/page/2/#comments

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Stock assignments happening now! :) https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2463-got-your-pro1-tracking-number-or-stock-assigned-message-post-here/page/2/#comments

And I was about to write there is no way I would receive a device before 2020, I might be proven wrong. I'm yet to receive any email from them.

• Like 2

I was watching my inbox after netman announced he got an email for stock assignement.

I did get an email from F(x)tec:

Hello!

We just wanted to get in touch with an update on the Pro1. As you are aware we have shipped a number of devices to customers in the last few weeks. In parallel we have been battling our way through a few more challenges, most recently:

• A large batch of devices have been sent back to our warehouse in Hong Kong by US customs due to strict import regulations, this held up all our US customer orders. We have a solution for this now.
  • We have also been working with our screen supplier to fix a light leak issue, discovered in another batch of devices before shipping. To resolve this, we have added in a couple of extra steps to the production process and have been looking into alternative methods to ensure this improves the overall ratio of yield. We are committed to delivering devices that meet our high quality standards and customer expectations, and so we have reproduced this batch from scratch. 

Rest assured the team at F(x)tec in London, China and Hong Kong are working to get your Pro1 over to you asap. Another batch of devices has left the factory on Wednesday and is making its way through the F(x)tec logistics network over the next week. We’re working with the factory on how quickly they can get the remaining pre-order devices assembled and ready, updates will come either through us directly or a change in status to your order.

Have a great weekend all and to our US customers, wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

That's not the stock assignment I was hoping for (I have an order number around #103xx, no coupon, and it's for the EU), but it's definitely the kind of email update I've been wanting F(x)tec to start sending whenever there's a delay. The second bullet point actually goes further than I expected, by telling us why there has been a delay.

Edited by Raksura
Typos + added my order info so people can make assumptions from it.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, Raksura said:

I was watching my inbox after netman announced he got an email for stock assignement.

I did get a email from F(x)tec:

That's not the stock assignment I was hoping for, but it's definitely the kind of email update I've been wanting F(x)tec to start sending whenever there's a delay. The second bullet point actually goes further than I expected, by telling us why there has been a delay.

Thanks! Though sad news this is good to see. 😎

Let us hope this is a new approach they will use in the future if they should be so unlucky as to be hit by further obstacles&delays.

I hope Erik will update his thread with this Info too.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Raksura said:

I did get an email from F(x)tec:

That's not the stock assignment I was hoping for (I have an order number around #103xx, no coupon, and it's for the EU), but it's definitely the kind of email update I've been wanting F(x)tec to start sending whenever there's a delay. The second bullet point actually goes further than I expected, by telling us why there has been a delay.

Same. Weird to see they didn't announce the phones being shipped until today, but okay guess I was wrong previously then. I'm guessing people would get them around the 18th of December then.

Kneejerk reaction here: The small amount of people posting about getting stocked assigned, coupled with an issue with production makes me worried about how many people will get their phones in 2019. It seems like maybe a couple of hundred of people got stock assigned in total, compared to I'm guessing thousands of orders. So 90% is still waiting for that, and they'll most likely get phones shipped only after Friday, which would mean they'll arrive on or after the 23rd, which is dangerously close to Christmas and I could easily see that slipping into 2020.

And still going on with the kneejerk reaction, issues with lightbleed doesn't seem like something that just pops up at the end. This seems like it's again a case of implicitly delaying, while they were or should've been aware of the upcoming delays weeks prior.  Another case of moving the finish line just a couple of miles. To get general availability before Christmas, something they claimed to still be on track for 3 days ago, they really needed to ship all phones today I think. I just don't see general availability happening before Christmas now.

I'm happy that there's an update, but it feels like bad and a bit shady when the implication last Tuesday was that everybody with a pre-order would get a stock-assigned/factory shipment notification this week.

• Like 3

Its the fact it is in Kew Gardens.... Damn it I am in London just let pop by the office!!! I had to unfollow their Social Media accounts as it was just painful to see them advertise so easy breezy but (until 1 hour ago) there was no information on the delivery. My nerves were shattered each time it hit my news feed! Lol. #TrueStory

But feeling positive that we will have our phones by xmas! 🙂 

Just didn't love the part that said they are still working on making the final pre order batch... 😞

So now we know three things:

1. a 2nd shipment is en route to the HK warehouse;

2. it does not contain all pre-orders;

3. due to further production problems, F(x) don't yet know when they will be able fulfill all pre-orders:

"...how quickly they can get the remaining pre-order devices assembled and ready..."

I think its fair to understand from this that some pre-order customers at least (only F(x) knows how many, I for one will neither speculate nor ask) will not see their Pro1's until January earliest - coz if they haven't let China by now its gotta be unlikely they'll reach final customers before Christmas ....

Edited by Tim6263
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, theo.hallenius said:

I'm already telling myself there is no way I will see my device until February, everything will get stalled soon because of the holidays and shipping won't resume until Jan 16.

Don't forget Chinese New Year on the 25th/Jan ...that's another week

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

So was I. I'm really happy, but it's a bit unfair since I know there are IGG backers who paid immediately after the payment e-mail and still did not get their mail o.O

Well that you got that mail does not have to mean you will get the phone before them. We have no idea on how the mails for the ones allocated to the second batch is distributed.

14 hours ago, A Dude said:

@damion I second that. Would be very interested in your "first impressions", as I was afraid that the Cosmo would be a little cumbersome for "normal phone" stuff, because you always need to open it with two hands - even for a quick peek at GMaps.

Yes it's cumbersome!  Good choice of description.

It's weird how much it bothers me that there is no large front display, because I've previously owned loads of clamshells (pretty much all the good Nokia clamshells 9000, 9110, 9210, 9500, 9300i, E90).  Their front display was more functional, and most were smaller and lighter.  I think as soon as I got the n97 onwards (n900, n950, galaxy s relay) I started to grow used to some non-keyboard use.  Maps and camera, glancing at incoming messages, recently input without a keyboard using voice.

The Cosmo is inconceivably heavy, it doesn't fit in my pocket and the keyboard is difficult to use when not resting on a table.  This is probably the nail in the coffin, as I need to be able to walk along typing.

I'll possibly give a follow-up first impressions message once I've given it a fair chance, I've been quite busy at work and not even synced my normal login over yet, so I can't even do basic things like logins to websites, use an SSH client etc.  I'm confident it'll be comfortable to use watching YouTube whilst propped up, using for notes in meetings (where there is a table), SSH etc.  But as a phone?  Unlikely.

I have a former colleague who also went though a very similar list of clam shells when we worked together, but ending: E90, galaxy s relay, Gemini communicator.  They are overjoyed with their Cosmo due to its  improved firmness of the hinge and functional front display to show who is calling compared with the Gemini.  I fully intend to show him my my Pro1.  Sadly I had to adjust my order slightly and went from order number 1xxx to 3xxxx so I fear I am back of the line.

Edited by damion
Correcting a few typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, anonim001 said:

Got my "stock assigned" mail today. Couldn't believe my eyes (order 12xxx, paid on 10.08 so quite a bit later than others), but it really came.

For me, I have an order number of 116xx with IGG coupon and payed immediately - EU / QWERTZ from second batch.
Still not received an e-mail, I hope for it in the coming days.

Maybe it means the batch which is currently on their way will handle all IGG preorders and at least some of other preorders as well despite the just discovered light leaking issue in a batch of newer devices.

• Like 1

...so, what can one expect with an order number around [ORDER #62xx] for Montréal ?  2nd batch, 3d batch ?  this year, next year ?

in any case, as long as my N900 works i will be fine and wait patiently - but its microUSB port starts to be a bit finicky i must say...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Thanks! Though sad news this is good to see. 😎

Let us hope this is a new approach they will use in the future if they should be so unlucky as to be hit by further obstacles&delays.

I hope Erik will update his thread with this Info too.

Yes I agree. I hope we get an clarification by Erik because the latest update seems to overrun the information he had posted recently. Fx Tec wrote "so we have reproduced this batch from scratch". My interpretation of this enigmatic message is that "batch 2" is dead / delayed, except a few units (a few seems to have received stock assignment message).

17 minutes ago, pistikem said:

...so, what can one expect with an order number around [ORDER #62xx] for Montréal ?  2nd batch, 3d batch ?  this year, next year ?

in any case, as long as my N900 works i will be fine and wait patiently - but its microUSB port starts to be a bit finicky i must say...

I think, if anonim001 with order number of 12xxx without IGG voucher is in the second batch, then all the remaining IGG backers are in the second batch and if there is no mistake somewhere, then you, with order number of 62xx should be also in the second batch if you were not payed it extremely late.

That is only my opinion, but I think it may be a real expectation.

Maybe QWERTY / QWERTZ difference can mix this a little bit, especially if anonim001 has a QWERTZ order and you have a QWERTY one.
(Earlier they said as QWERTZ orders are much fewer, they may arrive a bit faster for their preorderers.)
Which may also mix the above expectation if the batch with current light leaking problem has QWERTZ devices.

• Like 1