On the pre-production status

7 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes could have been handy, I only got a delete button, but I think that would be overkill. Despite some of the accusations could be seen as slander I leave some slack for rants, unless the staff feels otherwise.

totally. freedom of expression and all, just as if one thinks someone's being a dick, one would like to express it without turning threads into useless flaming.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

Today I haz clack.

Order number 56KK, IGG coupon, QWERTY, ordered Feb 28th, paid Aug, shipped Jan 22nd, and delivered to Flyover, USA Jan 27th.  My SN is 686.   

I didn't want to contribute until I had something positive.  

Yes, I was peeved to hear "Everyone will get their device by the end of next month" for three months in a row.  

But, I knew it was a startup.  People are eagereagereager to get the cools out the door.  And then Murphy happens.  

I would guess that the rest of the preorders will be delivered around the end of February or March.  It is what it is.  

Hopefully the first couple thousand devices in the wild will drive sales of tens of thousands more.

I wish to laud everyone involved in this project who worked to produce something the corporate beancounters decreed was unworthy.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Akun said:

Damn, the low numbers of produced phone (around 1000) make me think the situation is far worst than I expected.

Pro1 is basically a failure and a scam, on July 31st when most people paid for a phone that should have shipped weeks later, the "factory process" was not even started or even founded.

And what factory build 1000 phones in 5 monthes, that's 6 phones a day ?

If you add to this all the customs issues, and now the China epidemic crisis, and the 70% batch may really be the last one.

Yes a scam where (nearly) everybody who already got the phone is really happy with it. But surely some of us must be bots...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Support has not responded to my email. Guess they're all enjoying the lunar new year?? Still I'm failing to understand what determined the order of the 70% batch. It makes absolutely no sense why people who ordered later got their stock-assigned emails first.. somehow they jumped the queue.. if there even was a queue to begin with 🤔 I've seen multiple people who (like me) ordered in July but have reported they were not in the 70% batch. This whole order fulfillment thing has been chaos incarnate, but I doubt we'll get any sort of explanation.

Oh well I guess I'll be waiting another month for my phone. If it doesn't arrive before the end of February then the prediction I made way back in November that preorders would not be completely fulfilled until March will have been proven true.. oof.

13 minutes ago, magicafternoon said:

Support has not responded to my email. Guess they're all enjoying the lunar new year?? Still I'm failing to understand what determined the order of the 70% batch. It makes absolutely no sense why people who ordered later got their stock-assigned emails first.. somehow they jumped the queue.. if there even was a queue to begin with 🤔 I've seen multiple people who (like me) ordered in July but have reported they were not in the 70% batch. This whole order fulfillment thing has been chaos incarnate, but I doubt we'll get any sort of explanation.

Oh well I guess I'll be waiting another month for my phone. If it doesn't arrive before the end of February then the prediction I made way back in November that preorders would not be completely fulfilled until March will have been proven true.. oof.

Primary order factor is date of payment, not date of placing the order.

*edit*

erh, nvm. You posted somewhere else you paid in early august. Weird that you didn't get a phone yet. Sorry.

Edited by SteffenWi

@Akun

I think I have more criticisms than most on this forum, but come on. They've made a lot of mistakes and I think a couple of mistakes were to cover up other mistakes in a less than honest way, but this isn't a scam. By all accounts it seems that most pre-orders and payments came during or before August 2019, and shipments started in October 2019. If it's a scam, why would they've kept up production in those months (and after) if they've already gotten most of the money? Only reason I can think of is to appear more trustworthy to get even more pre-orders to run with more money at a later point, but that doesn't work considering most pre-orders were during or before August 2019. So no, if it was a scam they would've ran with the money months ago. Or it's a terrible scam in which they first deliver all the phones lmao.

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, magicafternoon said:

The addition of placement based on how many there are in your country (not even timezone) practically makes the queue a black box. Previously it was very easy to notice if people jump around in the queue because IGG voucher status is just binary, and payment date is known to all parties. Qwertz/qwerty was the only unknown previously, but that wasn't this big an unknown I think. Though both weren't mentioned to be a source of priority placement before ordering. 

Now it seems to be impossible to complain about people jumping the queue in front of you, because it might just be a valid order of priority. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, SteffenWi said:

Primary order factor is date of payment, not date of placing the order.

*edit*

erh, nvm. You posted somewhere else you paid in early august. Weird that you didn't get a phone yet. Sorry.

No harm done. There are multiple phones being mailed through my area right now, which makes it even stranger that my phone isn't included in that shipment 🙄

1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

The addition of placement based on how many there are in your country (not even timezone) practically makes the queue a black box. Previously it was very easy to notice if people jump around in the queue because IGG voucher status is just binary, and payment date is known to all parties. Qwertz/qwerty was the only unknown previously, but that wasn't this big an unknown I think. Though both weren't mentioned to be a source of priority placement before ordering. 

Now it seems to be impossible to complain about people jumping the queue in front of you, because it might just be a valid order of priority. 

I paid in early August, but somebody on here who ordered in September who lives in my country got their stock assigned email so there's clearly no logic in play here. I don't subscribe to the "it's a scam" nonsense, but it's difficult not to see all this and not think that order has been reduced to a game of roulette.

Edited by magicafternoon
8 minutes ago, magicafternoon said:

No harm done. There are multiple phones being mailed through my area right now, which makes it even stranger that my phone isn't included in that shipment 🙄

I paid in early August, but somebody on here who ordered in September who lives in my country got their stock assigned email so there's clearly no logic in play here. I don't subscribe to the "it's a scam" nonsense, but it's difficult not to see all this and not think that order has been reduced to a game of roulette.

See replies by many the last few weeks in this thread....

The 70% cut can be at a VERY different dates in different countries. Even if we ignore the qwertY/qwertZ differences (as we can not). This can give wild fluctuations for countries with few orders.

Extreme scenario 1) A country got only one order, it is fulfilled as 70% is closer to 1 than 0. Even if the order is very new.

Extreme scenario 2) All in a country paid on or before August 1. Well then the cut must be that early too, to only serve 70%! And if that "all" is just 3, it is not that unlikely. Say 2 paid July 31 and one August 1, then the last is out.

And we can continue these extreme examples and have odd results.

There are zero reason to believe that the order distribution over time should be near identical for all countries, though it is more likely to be so for countries with many orders.

I've received mine (S/N 1011). Ordered at the beginning of September after the request for payment came in (initial signup was in April).

I have a few mixed feelings about how well Android works with landscape keyboards these days, and a few niggles about the implementation, but Fxtec have delivered exactly what was promised on the website. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, peter3 said:

I've received mine (S/N 1011). Ordered at the beginning of September after the request for payment came in (initial signup was in April).

I have a few mixed feelings about how well Android works with landscape keyboards these days, and a few niggles about the implementation, but Fxtec have delivered exactly what was promised on the website. 

And this is exactly why I'm cancelling.  Paid Aug 2nd....

Edit:. Sounds to me like they may be going by pre-order date and not payment date as stated.  Probably just said that to get people's money in faster. This has been a horrible roller coaster ride and at this point won't be that upset to give up a kb for a $200 cheaper S10.  

Edited by Siani_8
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

See replies by many the last few weeks in this thread....

The 70% cut can be at a VERY different dates in different countries. Even if we ignore the qwertY/qwertZ differences (as we can not). This can give wild fluctuations for countries with few orders.

Extreme scenario 1) A country got only one order, it is fulfilled as 70% is closer to 1 than 0. Even if the order is very new.

Extreme scenario 2) All in a country paid on or before August 1. Well then the cut must be that early too, to only serve 70%! And if that "all" is just 3, it is not that unlikely. Say 2 paid July 31 and one August 1, then the last is out.

And we can continue these extreme examples and have odd results.

There are zero reason to believe that the order distribution over time should be near identical for all countries, though it is more likely to be so for countries with many orders.

I fully understand that cutoffs will vary among countries, but that logic doesn't apply in a scenario where among people from the same country a person who ordered and paid later would get their phone earlier. Everyone who ordered and paid before that person should be included in the shipment because they are from the same country. And that's what has happened to several USA-based orders: a person who ordered and paid in September is getting their phone before people who paid/ordered before September.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, magicafternoon said:

I fully understand that cutoffs will vary among countries, but that logic doesn't apply in a scenario where among people from the same country a person who ordered and paid later would get their phone earlier. Everyone who ordered and paid before that person should be included in the shipment because they are from the same country. And that's what has happened to several USA-based orders: a person who ordered and paid in September is getting their phone before people who paid/ordered before September.

I can not crack the 'why' on that one, as I assume all are qwertY (As they said qwertZ are Europe only).

My wild guess -that could be totally wrong/irrelevant- would be that a buy could have a significant delay (for what ever reasons) between the buyer initiating it and F(x)tec actually getting the money.

4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I can not crack the 'why' on that one, as I assume all are qwertY (As they said qwertZ are Europe only).

My wild guess -that could be totally wrong/irrelevant- would be that a buy could have a significant delay (for what ever reasons) between the buyer initiating it and F(x)tec actually getting the money.

Don't think that's true in my case.  I paid on August 2nd and got order received email that day.  Money came off credit card on August 4th.  Still don't think people paying in September would get there faster. 

Whatever though, refund is requested.  I hung in there patiently when they moved the goal post several times.  I hung in there after it was stated all pre-orders would come with case and earphones and then changed their minds.  I hung in there after I paid for shipping on the order (including VAT is what my order states) and now people have to pay for ahipping again to get orders. This however was the last straw because it was stated many times that orders would be handled by payment date.  

Honestly, the multiple issues people are experiencing with phones is a turn off as well.  With the limited quanity being produced and how long it takes, quality should be there at the very least.  

Good luck with your phones everyone.  Wish this worked out as I had been waiting for years for someone to make another horizontal slider with 5 row qwerty. 

Since I never got a "stock assigned" nor a "you order will ship later" email, I have just now emailed support asking them to check why I haven't received any information.

Anyone else never got an email? Or has everyone either got an email, be it the "lucky" or the "too bad" one?

Edited by agent008
As always... Misspelling
5 minutes ago, agent008 said:

Since I never got a "stock assigned" nor a "you order will ship later" email, I have just now emailed support asking them to check why I haven't received any information.

Anyone else never got an email? Or has everyone either got an email, be it the "lucky" or the "too bad" one?

Didn't get either of them. I don't think they ever sent a "your order will not ship in this batch" email (unless you ask them directly), that's why there were posts saying that it would be nice of them to send one earlier in this thread.

• Thanks 2
22 minutes ago, agent008 said:

No email received of any kind. If your order still says "processing" in your account dashboard then it's not in the 70%-fulfilled shipment.

• Thanks 1