On the pre-production status

On 2/9/2020 at 5:25 PM, nardholio said:

I just got mine, it didn't bring back the "rush" I remember from getting a keyboard phone back in the day, I'm willing to part with it, pm me if interested (USA).

That's very unfortunate. If you're the same person, I loved your work on the Relay 4G

Edited by npatel1050
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, VaZso said:

I think they don't know it - also their manufacturer doesn't really know that I think.

Even our PCB production partner can not predict when they are able to assembly our panels - not related to F(x)tec.

Then post an update saying we have no new information. Radio silence sucks for the people who are intently following your project.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

Then post an update saying we have no new information. Radio silence sucks for the people who are intently following your project.

Yes, but manufacturer may just released an update about unknown production time (at least for us)...

So, currently it is not simple at all to say any meaningful information... so yes, an update about no update is possible but nothing more unfortunately.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

Last update was "However because of the virus no one knows when the traffic is re-open and people can get back to work.", does it really help to just repeat the exact same information?

• Thanks 2
On 2/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, Craig said:

If assumptions are right, then its in outskirts of Shenzhen, about an hour from Hong Kong border; closest landmark on google maps is Yingzhan Garden.

Thanks. When Foxconn factories restart at Shenzhen it will be in the news.

This news is about Zhengzhou: Apple supplier Foxconn restarts key China plant with 10% of workforce, source says

"The company, however, has not yet been allowed to restart production in Shenzhen, a southern manufacturing hub, the source said."

• Thanks 2
On 2/11/2020 at 4:13 PM, Zamasu said:

Last update was "However because of the virus no one knows when the traffic is re-open and people can get back to work.", does it really help to just repeat the exact same information?

I think it does and since I'm still waiting I am happy to receive such update.

It shows that they care which is more important than a specific date.

• Like 1

I agree. Keeping everyone save is way more important.
But I can imagine many of the workers in china are not getting paid when they are absent.
They will probably want to return to work soon.

Anyway, to keep this thread somewhat complete, I'll post the newsletter from Fxtex, which arrived yesterday.

Hello <Shilor>

We have some news!

We have provisionally been informed that factory workers might be able to return to work early next week. Office staff in China are already back to work, however they are working from home due to the travel restrictions that are still in place across the country. Please bare in mind that individuals decision to start working is at their own discretion and so we are unsure how many people, if any will be back to work straight away. Depending on the factories numbers, we should be able to provide remaining customers with an expected shipping and delivery date in due course.

The following article demonstrates the extent to which the coronavirus outbreak continues to effect brands globally, with a huge number of China’s factories remaining closed this week: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51439400. We will be in touch with our factories leads on a daily basis to ensure that we are aware of any updates/progress made over the next week. 

From the whole team here at F(x)tec we would like to thank you again for your patience and continued support at this uncertain period of time. We will keep you updated should we receive any more information.

If you have any questions about the matter, please get in touch with [email protected]

Sincerely,  

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

Edited by Shilor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
53 minutes ago, Akun said:

Is there going to be some kind of compensation, for people like me who pre ordered a phone more than 10 monthes ago, paid it more than 6 monthes ago ?

And likely won't get it before April in the best situation ?

I am in the same boat. It would be nice but I doubt we will get anything....

1 hour ago, Akun said:

Is there going to be some kind of compensation, for people like me who pre ordered a phone more than 10 monthes ago, paid it more than 6 monthes ago ?

No they won't even honor the ear buds they promised to all pre-orders lol.  Definitely won't be any compensation. 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

It sounds to me that he just choose to ignore that they clearly stated that future pre orders from a certain date would NOT get the extras.

They stated it sure..but you can't deny the fact that the description on the website got stealth changed overnight without any heads up to the community. 😄

2 hours ago, Tsunero said:

They stated it sure..but you can't deny the fact that the description on the website got stealth changed overnight without any heads up to the community. 😄

And they did end it abruptly on June 18 (or short before), but then extended it, so the pre-order page said

Limited offer. Extended for one more week, free headphones and case with every pre-order of a Pro smartphone.

And that was mentioned in the forum too.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:59 PM, Waxberry said:

The offer is still valid. We decided to extend it for a while. 🙂

I do not recall when they actually ended the limited offer, but I think it was late July.

...But if you browse back in this thread, you will find this has been discussed before.

• Thanks 2
On 2/13/2020 at 5:49 AM, Shilor said:

I agree. Keeping everyone save is way more important.
But I can imagine many of the workers in china are not getting paid when they are absent.
They will probably want to return to work soon.

Anyway, to keep this thread somewhat complete, I'll post the newsletter from Fxtex, which arrived yesterday.

I wish they would post these emails in the update thread. I haven't been getting these emails for a while now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

I wish they would post these emails in the update thread. I haven't been getting these emails for a while now

Generally someone does so pretty quickly (usually @EskeRahn, hero that he is.)

On 2/13/2020 at 5:50 AM, Akun said:

You're the type of person who would ask the same question of the treasure fleet bringing you wealth untold because it took longer than planned. SMH

• Thanks 1
On 2/13/2020 at 7:56 AM, EskeRahn said:

It sounds to me that he just choose to ignore that they clearly stated that future pre orders from a certain date would NOT get the extras.

I didn't choose to ignore anything.  At the time I ordered on July 12, the website still said ALL pre-orders would receive.  Since it was already mentioned before that they only changed the website twice, the first being in July after I ordered, that is a complete fabrication that there was notice in June unless it was buried on the forum somewhere and not clearly stated on the main order site.  

5 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

I didn't choose to ignore anything.  At the time I ordered on July 12, the website still said ALL pre-orders would receive.  Since it was already mentioned before that they only changed the website twice, the first being in July after I ordered, that is a complete fabrication that there was notice in June unless it was buried on the forum somewhere and not clearly stated on the main order site.  

So in mid June they say they will extend it for a week, and you buy mid July...

The order page was changed at the latest June 19. as a comment that day quoted what it said.

But sure it was not clear at what exact day the extended offer ended.

• Thanks 1

i am not sure where to post this - but as it's related to production, and perhaps a new phone, i am going to post this here :

unfortunately, my 2-weeks old Pro1 broke last night : the upper 6th (some 16%) of the screen turned suddenly insensitive to touch.  i can't pull down that top menu nor the subsequent second menu bar.  i removed the protective foil, warm-rebooted, cold-rebooted, cursed and so on, w/o any prevail.  now, in landscape mode, things at the top (the long edge of the screen) work again - but at the physical screen top, the one close to the phone speaker and the front camera, that part of the screen stays immune to touch.   needless to say that i have treated this piece of qwerty art truly gently over the last two weeks...

what do you suggest is here the next step to do ?  did we get some form of guarantee for such problems ?  but how will the FxTec folks deal with such issues ?  do they have the manpower to repair phones these days ?  or do i need to wait till the new Pro2 comes out ...?

to the moderators : please, move this note of mine to a folder where phone repair is the topic (i just didn't find such).

• Sad 4
7 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

So in mid June they say they will extend it for a week, and you buy mid July...

The order page was changed at the latest June 19. as a comment that day quoted what it said.

But sure it was not clear at what exact day the extended offer ended.

This was on the website when I ordered.  No idea where this supposed "limited time" message was but I only pre-ordered instead of waiting because of the case and headphones cause it's not usually a good idea to pre-order new product being that there are frequently problems on the first run

Screenshot_20200214-225414.jpg

5 hours ago, pistikem said:

i am not sure where to post this - but as it's related to production, and perhaps a new phone, i am going to post this here :

unfortunately, my 2-weeks old Pro1 broke last night : the upper 6th (some 16%) of the screen turned suddenly insensitive to touch.  i can't pull down that top menu nor the subsequent second menu bar.  i removed the protective foil, warm-rebooted, cold-rebooted, cursed and so on, w/o any prevail.  now, in landscape mode, things at the top (the long edge of the screen) work again - but at the physical screen top, the one close to the phone speaker and the front camera, that part of the screen stays immune to touch.   needless to say that i have treated this piece of qwerty art truly gently over the last two weeks...

what do you suggest is here the next step to do ?  did we get some form of guarantee for such problems ?  but how will the FxTec folks deal with such issues ?  do they have the manpower to repair phones these days ?  or do i need to wait till the new Pro2 comes out ...?

to the moderators : please, move this note of mine to a folder where phone repair is the topic (i just didn't find such).

Just write an email to support.
They will probably offer to send you a screen replacement. At least they offered that to people in telegram.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

This was on the website when I ordered.  No idea where this supposed "limited time" message was but I only pre-ordered instead of waiting because of the case and headphones cause it's not usually a good idea to pre-order new product being that there are frequently problems on the first run

Screenshot_20200214-225414.jpg

NO it was not, you remember wrong, sorry... That is a MUCH OLDER screen dump, as can clearly be seen by the "Shipping globally is estimated to be July 2019" that was changed around mid June. I do not remember the exact day, but on June 17 it had been changed to "Summer 2019", see e.g. this. So you dump is older than that...

We got a newsletter on July 2 saying "We anticipate that payment will be requested at the end of July, ahead of an expected shipment date in early September."

Unfotunately the WayBackMachine has no points between April and August of this page. But your dump matches how it looked in April and most likely unchanged until mid June.

So please stop trying to spread false information, and make accusations based on them..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

Thought they changed that text shortly after you complained the last time, and added that they'll honour those that ordered before they removed it, even though that wasn't the plan before. Not sure though, but if that's the case it's somewhere in this thread. The text is technically wrong though, because it would mean all orders even today (which are technically pre-orders as well by their own definition) should be getting the earphones, even though it's no longer mentioned on the order page. But that's just semantics. And the case substitute still seems to be included with all orders.

I am confident that we will get our smartphones at least one month before 3g and LTE networks are switched off and the 5G standard is outdated. Not everyone has the chance to unpack a freshly produced museum requisite.

Edited by Dany303
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1