Jump to content
Erik

On the production status and delivery

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

For example, that some person posted a certain opinion time and time again, which is wrong.

To be honest, when I was talking about that, I wasn't referring to you specifically (and I'll admit that wasn't clear) but to the thread in general, though I'm not sure it isn't beginning to apply to you now.  😉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hook said:

To be honest, when I was talking about that, I wasn't referring to you specifically (and I'll admit that wasn't clear) but to the thread in general,

I wasn't referring to me either, somebody else made that "annoying" comment.

7 minutes ago, Hook said:

though I'm not sure it isn't beginning to apply to you now.  😉

I still haven't posted anything in that sense. I am also not repeating myself in that people were mostly asking questions, or needed clarification on something I said. In any case, they're not the same posts time and time again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, all.

Great news! For all of you who are getting frustrated at not knowing when the Pro1 will be available,

I have your problem solved! On the homepage there is the option to:

Be the first to know.
Sign up for updates.👏😀

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone is angry that I criticize Fxtec all the time it's because we still get ignored by Fxtec.  They don't write here, they don't admit their mistakes, they don't explain what is happening. They pee on you and you are happy.

I actually give up. Fxtec prefer to pee on anyone wanting them to be honest. See how little amount of people are there on forums. Most of these left are white knights who will defend Fxtec even if Fxtec send bricks instead of phones and they would still adore Fxtec for that. Other people just give up and it seems that there is no other way because Fxtec just doesn't want to be honest.

With that attitude of Fxtec there won't be for sure any phone after Pro1. Now there are not even 3000 orders, people want refunds and I'm sure that a lot of people already asked for refunds. Also I'm sure that not all orders will be fulfilled. Stream of lies and false promises that even they knew they can't keep it but they did everything so people think "it's just a week/month more". Previous project of Fxtec was a failure. Even if they go into general availability, nobody is going to buy a 718 euro phone that has hardware that can be found now in ~350 euro ones and in 2020 it will be worth even less. Shipping to warehouses takes so much time like they used China Post or whatever cheapest option available. They don't even tell their support anything. Even Eric was given a stream of BS and he had to explain himself multiple times because of it. I thought that from 29th October Fxtec will try to to fix their mistakes but it's worse than ever, constant stream of lies. Mid-November but end-November but December for shipping to customers wait no warehouses. Support will tell you different info every time because they themselves probably was given an info like that. Unihertz managed to keep the price of Titan on a good level but it's too late to pre-order it for lower price because their ended their pre-order campaign. Someone who doesn't want badly landscape slider won't buy Pro1 and Fxtec failed to bring back landscape sliders. Order numbers are still rising but barely any of these new numbers are actual orders. Fxtec wasted all their chances to get Pro1 to the top. I wonder how many people still trust them, 50? 20? The rest that didn't cancel is still there because there's still chargeback if everything goes to hell. There's always only a small portion of people on forums and you can all see how many people here already cancelled their orders. If nothing happens to the end of December I will definitely cancel my preorder too, maybe to this time there will be an option to buy a Titan, unfortunately for full price because of Fxtec. I trusted Fxtec but they made too many mistakes. If I will receive finally Pro1 by some miracle, I will definitely buy replacement parts on instant in case they quickly go bankrupt but I'm not counting on receiving a phone at this stage now. So many months for 120 phones. Also, you can guess which people on these forums are about to get one of these 120 phones and they tell you "wait one more month, it will be worth it!", "Fxtec did nothing wrong, it's a startup", suuuuure. If you were in situation of these other 95% people you wouldn't say BS like that. I don't cancel now because there will be always chargeback in case everything goes to hell, still, maybe so many people will cancel their orders that I will receive one of these 120 mysterious phones, lol, also there's no way to pre-order Titan for lower price so I need to wait anyway now for general availability of Titan, thanks Fxtec.

I wish there was another company that could make a landscape slider and do it finally right.

Bye.

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

and you can all see how many people here already cancelled their orders.

Is that so?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Compared to the amount of forum users, it is. And he is right. Missing transparency leads me to cancel my order as well.

I mean, phones were supposed to get shipped by 29th October to the customer. Then it was warehouse and now it is warehouse to warehouse.

Two weeks went by and nobody received their phone nor their tracking number (correct me if I missed something). Eric is out of this thread but he wasn't supplying official infos anyways (that argument is stupid by the way).

We are just sitting in the dark waiting for some miracle to happen. I'm waiting for it too, but if none of the "sent" phones get delivered by end of november, and there won't be any further information, I'll cancel my order as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

I wish there was another company that could make a landscape slider and do it finally right.

Bye.

kthxbye!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SchattengestaIt said:

Compared to the amount of forum users, it is. And he is right. Missing transparency leads me to cancel my order as well.

I mean, phones were supposed to get shipped by 29th October to the customer. Then it was warehouse and now it is warehouse to warehouse.

Two weeks went by and nobody received their phone nor their tracking number (correct me if I missed something). Eric is out of this thread but he wasn't supplying official infos anyways (that argument is stupid by the way).

We are just sitting in the dark waiting for some miracle to happen. I'm waiting for it too, but if none of the "sent" phones get delivered by end of november, and there won't be any further information, I'll cancel my order as well.

Maybe we all should stop guessing and just wait a little....

You don't know how many canceled, gon does not know and I don't either...
Few people here whining do not represent the masses

this is not specially meant for you, for all here. For the climate of this forum we should just stop and kill this thread, it is toxic....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

Few people here whining do not represent the masses

I agree.
and on top of that.. how many users are active in this forum? 100 or 200 maybe?
But a couple of pages ago someone estimated that there are at least 20 000 preorders, hopefully more. 😀

Edited by Shilor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

Maybe we all should stop guessing and just wait a little....

You're right. I really hope dates in Chen's last message are correct and we will see the light at end of the tunnel then.

Anyway, I also know someone who has pre-ordered Pro1 and still waits patiently - without even reading this forum.
(I usually forward important changes but that's all.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shilor said:

I agree.
and on top of that.. how many users are active in this forum? 100 or 200 maybe?
But a couple of pages ago someone estimated that there are at least 20 000 preorders, hopefully more. 😀

we know its less but still actives users is just small part here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mcdinner said:
17 minutes ago, Shilor said:

I agree.
and on top of that.. how many users are active in this forum? 100 or 200 maybe?
But a couple of pages ago someone estimated that there are at least 20 000 preorders, hopefully more. 😀

we know its less but still actives users is just small part here.

I guess someone good at coding could easily traverse all the treads, and count the users and frequencies.

There are quite a lot registered users, as we can see pressing the @ followed by letters, but that is not to say that all these are active in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're currently at  2587 users, with 432 having at least posted once. What is the metric for active? More than 10 posts? We're at 76 users then.
There are a few, but the majority of customers stays silent, even if you assume the lowest order counts presented.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add another to the very dissatisfied. I've been lurking here for a long time and have seen the hyperbole from both the fan boys and trolls. Both have some valid points but fxtec isn't doing it's self any favors. It would have been far better for them to under promise and over perform. If my significant other was giving me the kind of slippery information fxtec has been peddling they wouldn't be trusted or significant for very long. I'm giving it till Saturday to at the minimum hear from one of those first batch people then I'm out.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to give you an idea of orders versus time, assuming they were chronological:

First pre-order 55** - 1 phone - February 2019

Second pre-order 238** - 3 phones - July 2019

(family of four 😉

 

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Just to give you an idea of orders versus time, assuming they were chronological:

First pre-order 55** - 1 phone - February 2019

Second pre-order 238** - 3 phones - July 2019

 

Wow...4 phones! Are you a collector or a re-seller? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an interesting bit of information. I am subscribed to the dragonbox newsletter due to pre ordering the pyra years ago:

 

Grab your new smartphone with
physical keyboard now!
 
It took quite a while since the last keyboard-slider phone, the Droid4 had been released!
So many fans out there were anticipating the release of the Droid5 which sadly never happened.

Then there was the Gemini clamshell phone, which was pretty good as well - but not everyone liked the keyboard and it had the issue that the screen was hidden when the phone was closed.

Thankfully, there's a new phone coming to you: The F(x)Tec Pro1
The manufacturer did everything right:
  • High-End CPU (Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 MSM8998)
  • Lots of storage (128GB) and RAM (6GB)
  • DualSIM (two nano SIMs can be used)
  • Unlocked bootloader, Android 9 Pie is preinstalled
  • Backlit keyboard (QWERTY and QWERTZ available)
  • Beautiful 5.99" AMOLED screen (2160 x 1080) with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
  • NFC, HDMI over USB, all kinds of sensors, GPS, etc.
  • 12MP Sony Camera
  • Wide range of frequencies, can be used worldwide
  • AC Adaptor comes with US, EU and UK plug.

It's a high-end phone with a high-end backlit physical keyboard!
Every reviewer who received the unit praised it.

The demand is expected to be high - but we made a special deal with the manufacturer and are happy that we can almost guarantee a delivery before christmas (unless a delivery service messes things up or similar).

You need to be fast though - as christmas is close, the deadline is Thursday 14th.
You can still preorder it later, but the later the order, the less likely is a christmas delivery (you should receive it shortly after though).

For full technical specs and more information or to preorder it, check the link below.

 

 

Here is the dragonbox order page: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/handhelds/handhelds-running-android/fxtec-pro1-dualsim-smartphone-with-keyboard-qwertz-preorder?newsletterpro_source=newsletter&id_newsletter=35&SubmitCurrency=yes&id_currency=1

Edited by kthxbye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the interesting part is the thursday the 14th. That is tomorrow. If you want the phone before christmas (special deal between fxtec and dragonbox). And note how it's still just "almost" guaranteed before christmas if you order by tomorrow.

 

Which really sounds like the general availability before christmas gospel has gone to smithereens. But as a corollary, everyone who has an order right now should get their phone before christmas still 😅

Or they are creating pressure for people to order fast, because they have a huge batch before christmas but don't want to sit on the stock. But this is just speculation.

Edited by kthxbye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gon009 said:

nobody is going to buy a 718 euro phone that has hardware that can be found now in ~350 euro ones

Which 718€ phone are you talking about - and what 350€ has the same hardware? I would be quite surprised if those existed. If it was parfume, ok, but I never saw somthing like that regarding technical devices.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

We're currently at  2587 users, with 432 having at least posted once. What is the metric for active? More than 10 posts? We're at 76 users then.
There are a few, but the majority of customers stays silent, even if you assume the lowest order counts presented.

My order number is bigger than 30,000. So I'll go for "at least 35k orders".

35k orders

2587 users

77 (now :D) with 10+ posts

10 power-complaining

=>

7.4% of people who ordered, registered on this forum (every 14ths person)

0.22% are active on the forum (every 455ths person)

0.029% voice that they are very unhappy (one in 3500 persons)

If you sell a product and only one out of 3500 customers complains, I'd argue, you did  a good job! 🙂

 

Edit: This might also explain, why Fxtec does not hang around here - because they would only reach less than 8% of their future user base by doing so.

Edited by A Dude
typo / edit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A Dude said:

My order number is bigger than 30,000. So I'll go for "at least 35k orders".

It was said multiple times here that order numbers are not sequential, so all of your calculations are unsound.

Edited by kthxbye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kthxbye said:

It was said multiple times here that order numbers are not sequential

They are definitely sequential, but not consecutive. If you got a 35xxx order number, it's highly probable, there will be around 30k orders. And current oder numbers might already exceed 40xxx.

Edited by A Dude
god damn typos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A Dude said:

They are definitely sequential, but not consecutive. If you got a 35xxx order number, it's highly probable, there will be around 30k orders. And current oder numbers might already exceed 40xxx.

Right, that's what I meant, sorry!! My point is that an order number in the 30k range doesn't imply that there are 35k orders.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kthxbye said:

Right, that's what I meant, sorry!! My point is that an order number in the 30k range doesn't imply that there are 35k orders.

😉

If you want, halve my numbers - my point still stands for a total of 15k orders as well.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms