On the pre-production status

2 hours ago, Zamasu said:

You can't decide 

I hereby inform you that you've now earned the privilege of becoming the first name in my ignore list.

(Reason: Giving one too many asinine answer to something the meaning of which you didn't even understand, or didn't want to understand – which wasn't the first time, either, something which impedes any sensible, intelligent discussion. Farewell, but without me.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

On 1/15/2020 at 3:44 AM, Bruce Wayne said:

Is Fx Tec stopped replying to mails also..

I haven't received reply from them last 3 days.

do not email them again it sends you to the back of the queue in there support system 😉

Thanks. I have difficulty to understand this part.

" still include 70% of all pre-orders, starting from the oldest, assigned based on a percentage of how many orders there are in a country. "

It seems there are two criteria.

- oldest

- percentage of order per country

How does that work?

2 minutes ago, cmar said:

" still include 70% of all pre-orders, starting from the oldest, assigned based on a percentage of how many orders there are in a country. "

- oldest

How does that work?

witchcraft

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, cmar said:

- oldest

How does that work?

Good question! Let me begin the reckoning... sounds they are trying to fulfill about 70% of each destination country?

Edited by agent008
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, cmar said:

still include 70% of all pre-orders, starting from the oldest, assigned based on a percentage of how many orders there are in a country.

Does this mean that people in countries where barely any people bought a device are boned even if they pre-ordered super early?

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Does this mean that people in countries where barely any people bought a device are boned even if they pre-ordered super early?

No no no. The formula is:

1. "Total orders of a country" is what percent of all orders?

2. Then, how many units does the country percentage equal to out of the current batch size?

3. = the number of units shipped to that particular country, based in order of when the payment was received.

Whether it's a country with low interest or not, this formula keeps it fair for everyone. If it was only done in order of payments, the smaller countries may have to wait for a while, as not everyone was awake when we started accepting payments :).

Obviously we don't count the Indiegogo orders, as those are all going to be complete with this batch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
52 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

Well if you assume that there in this country are "super early" (almost) only, And those are not IGG backers, well then it does sound like around a fifth will have to wait.

On the other hand for countries where all were super late to order, here some seems to be included.

And no, I have no idea why they are doing it per country. A GUESS could be an attempt to compensate the US that did not get the ones they ought to in the first batch??? Erik explained on the why, before I submitted, see above.

Just now, Tsunero said:

Well if this turns out to be true I am out and will request a refund. 😄

You can't just completely disregard order priority when you promised that they will be sent in order. These betrayals are getting real old.

Holding my breath..for now.

17 minutes ago, Erik said:

Whether it's a country with low interest or not, this formula keeps it fair for everyone. If it was only done in order of payments, the smaller countries may have to wait for a while, as not everyone was awake when we started accepting payments :).

Well we could academically construct scenarios where this would not be fair.

Say a country were all orders were paid yesterday, then 70% of those....

Or the opposite a country with only very early payers...

Of course those are very unlikely, unless we are talking countries with extremely few orders, and if so it will affect only marginally seen from a broader perspective.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, cmar said:

One idea would be to stop math, formula and enigma and give openly the list of the countries which will receive phones in this next batch. Might be easier for us to understand.

All of the countries that we have orders from will receive devices. The formula above is to ensure they all receive devices, even if there was 1 order from a small island country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, cmar said:

One idea would be to stop math, formula and enigma and give openly the list of the countries which will receive phones in this next batch. Might be easier for us to understand.

Well when 70% are to be served, that will mean that ALL countries that has orders would be on the list. Even if only one order. With normal rounding 70% of 1 rounded would be one.

• Like 2