On the pre-production status

7 minutes ago, jlavi said:

My paid order from Nov 15 is number 42xxx. I supposed my order is just a plain order and not a pre-order. Is the 5..10% production figure (1/20..1/10) per week related to the pre-order and not total orders? If it were relative to the total orders production would be 2000..4000 units a week or 2.5 .. 5 minutes per device.

As far as I know, they handle all orders prior general availability as pre-orders (somebody of them wrote it somewhere).

...so you should also receive your order before general availability, but your order is somewhere near the end of the queue.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

On 12/24/2019 at 12:35 PM, Polaris said:

@Erik Would you kindly give us an idea on the "big batch" size?  Is it around 50, or 100, or 150, or 300, or 1000 units?  This will be very helpful to estimate one's chances of being in this batch, or if we should expect to need more patience, and calmly wait around for another batch, or two, or ten.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you too!

They never disclosed that info before, what makes you think they will do it now? I don't really know what the big deal is in divulging the number of orders. Unless they're holding onto that info to seem bigger than they appear

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

They never disclosed that info before, what makes you think they will do it now? I don't really know what the big deal is in divulging the number of orders. Unless they're holding onto that info to seem bigger than they appear

Well for a few reasons... First off their communication has been awful and it has only been harming them, so changing their ways would prove wise.  Second, please note that I didn't ask for any specifics, I asked for a rough approximation.  They could easily provide this without divulging any company secrets (not that the quantity needs to be secret).  Third, I didn't ask anything about how many have already shipped, or how many total units still need to ship. Again, I only asked for a very rough idea as to how many will be in this big batch.  Certainly doesn't seem like too much to ask from a company who is relying on our continued support to be successful.

2 hours ago, Polaris said:

Second, please note that I didn't ask for any specifics, I asked for a rough approximation.

They kinda did that, with the 5 to 10% number, and we have an approximation of the total orders as well. I don't see a reason to be more specific then.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Zamasu said:

They kinda did that, with the 5 to 10% number, and we have an approximation of the total orders as well. I don't see a reason to be more specific then.

Except that I don't really think that they are actually shipping 5 to 10% each week, do you?  Also, is a big batch considered 5 to 10% or, since this is the first time the phrase "big batch" has been used, is it something different?  If nothing else, it can confirm the percentages of phones that are actually shipping.  In case it's not apparent, there's a big difference between what they hope to ship and what is actually shipping.

I'm not trying to rush them, I'm just trying to (more accurately) predict when my phone will arrive.  Whether it will be in January, or July, or 2021.

53 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Except that I don't really think that they are actually shipping 5 to 10% each week

That seems like a different issue then. You already have a rough approximation, but you don't trust their word and the approximation. You don't want more information, you want more accurate/truthful information. Which seems even more hopeless to get if you're just asking for more information, and I see no reason for them to change their course now.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

That seems like a different issue then. You already have a rough approximation, but you don't trust their word and the approximation. You don't want more information, you want more accurate/truthful information. Which seems even more hopeless to get if you're just asking for more information, and I see no reason for them to change their course now.

I'm not sure you read my first post on this matter.  It was asking for the approximate size of the "big batch" (Erik's words).  That's it, I wasn't asking for anything else.  It's not a true statement that I have a rough approximation for the term "big batch."  It may be hopeless, but I decided to ask since I don't think it's wise to not answer questions like this one.  I agree, in regard to to prior communications, they haven't made wise decisions, but I'm hoping that, sooner or later, they'll realize this and change course (which is especially easy to do with smaller, less significant, details, such as what I asked).

32 minutes ago, Polaris said:

I'm not sure you read my first post on this matter.  It was asking for the approximate size of the "big batch" (Erik's words).  That's it, I wasn't asking for anything else.  It's not a true statement that I have a rough approximation for the term "big batch."  It may be hopeless, but I decided to ask since I don't think it's wise to not answer questions like this one.  I agree, in regard to to prior communications, they haven't made wise decisions, but I'm hoping that, sooner or later, they'll realize this and change course (which is especially easy to do with smaller, less significant, details, such as what I asked).

If I do not recall wrong he wrote that it would cover about 3/10 of the pre orders.

• Like 1

I always make sure to have some popcorn at hand when I check out this forum. The intensity of whiny children is warming my heart. And the conspiracy theories are better than lizard people, and god forbid - a spherical earth. 😉

Edited by __fastcall
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Polaris said:

It's not a true statement that I have a rough approximation for the term "big batch."

Nah, we do. 1-2 /10's each week, and a large one was 3/10 once. If you choose to no longer trust these statements is a different problem.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, npatel1050 said:

Regardless, knowing the amount of orders won't speed up or slow down production. But it will give us a better idea of when to expect our devices. Or at least tell us what batch we're in...

But even that they won't disclose...

Well yes and no. As we are not told where we are in the queue that would not help much for the individual. But what they could tell with each would be something like

. The batch that just left the factory will cover pre-orders with IGG coupons with payment received before DD MMM

And after all coupon orders handled

. The batch that just left the factory will cover pre-orders with payment received before DD MMM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There is one fx tec phone left for purchase on the digitec.ch website (retailer). Delivery announced as in 2-4 days.

The ones who purchased the other fx tec units on this retailer website in the last days, let us know when you receive them.

The advantage of pre-ordering seems only a financial one (I paid 100USD less), but not in terms of availability.... (still no trace of my pre ordered fx tec)

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

If I do not recall wrong he wrote that it would cover about 3/10 of the pre orders.

Oh, well then I must have missed that one!

1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

Nah, we do. 1-2 /10's each week, and a large one was 3/10 once. If you choose to no longer trust these statements is a different problem.

Clearly, I missed the 3/10 post, but I don't believe that 1-2/10s are shipping each week.  I'm curious if there is evidence of this that I'm missing...?  That would be about 390 to 400 (at 1.5/10) units per week, and I don't think they are close to shipping this amount.

2 hours ago, npatel1050 said:

Regardless, knowing the amount of orders won't speed up or slow down production. But it will give us a better idea of when to expect our devices. Or at least tell us what batch we're in...

But even that they won't disclose...

It won't tell us the batch we are in, but would definitely help give us a better idea of when to expect our devices.  This is exactly what I was shooting for here. I don't care when I receive it, I would just like to have a realistic idea as to when it will ship.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

...But what they could tell with each would be something like

. The batch that just left the factory will cover pre-orders with IGG coupons with payment received before DD MMM

And after all coupon orders handled

. The batch that just left the factory will cover pre-orders with payment received before DD MMM

Agreed!  However, I would just be happy with approximate batch sizes.  We have a pretty good approximation of the total units to be shipped, it would be nice to find out how many are actually being shipped each week.  Again, I would be very content with as little info as approximate batch sizes.

Edited by Polaris
22 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Oh, well then I must have missed that one!

Clearly, I missed the 3/10 post, but I don't believe that 1-2/10s are shipping each week.  I'm curious if there is evidence of this that I'm missing...?  That would be about 390 to 400 (at 1.5/10) units per week, and I don't think they are close to shipping this amount.

It won't tell us the batch we are in, but would definitely help give us a better idea of when to expect our devices.  This is exactly what I was shooting for here. I don't care when I receive it, I would just like to have a realistic idea as to when it will ship.

Agreed!  However, I would just be happy with approximate batch sizes.  We have a pretty good approximation of the total units to be shipped, it would be nice to find out how many are actually being shipped each week.  Again, I would be very content with as little info as approximate batch sizes.

The post for the 3/10th of pre-orders is here.

F(x)tec doesn't seem to have ever followed their 1 batch a week plan. I find the fact that this indicates they could not predict what was going to be produced one week in advance kind of insulting for them. I've lost track of dates, but it's not impossible the volumes for that large batch cover the missing shipments of that one batch a week (basically, if they missed the 1 week deadline for three weeks, and this last week contains all that was produced during those weeks).

Edited by Raksura
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their estimates on batches and production in general seem to not have included issues in manufacturing or with suppliers or with supplied parts, whereas reality often includes such issues, nixing estimates no matter how diligently they were made. The good news is, manufacturing does happen, and as long as it does, sooner or later we'll get those phones – even if it is always 'later' in our case...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Raksura said:

The post for the 3/10th of pre-orders is here.

F(x)tec doesn't seem to have ever followed their 1 batch a week plan. I find the fact that this indicates they could not predict what was going to be produced one week in advance kind of insulting for them. I've lost track of dates, but it's not impossible the volumes for that large batch cover the missing shipments of that one batch a week (basically, if they missed the 1 week deadline for three weeks, and this last week contains all that was produced during those weeks).

Yeah I feel there's a lot of repackaging information so that it sounds better.

"We're sending a big batch lol haha we're so random and productive!"

Vs.

"Those 2 previous batches weren't sent out lol oops but now they are. Sorry."

• Haha 4
On 12/24/2019 at 4:05 PM, Erik said:

Brief Christmas update.

A small batch is shipping out this Friday, if UPS keeps its promises. It was meant to arrive today, but our staff availability is limited in the UK right now. No stock assignment letters for this one, as we are shipping them a little differently to avoid extra delays. Some of you will have tracking info on Friday. 

The big batch which should make a lot of you happy is expected to leave the factory in the 1st week of January, which is also when we expect you’ll have the tracking details. We would like to thank everyone for their patience.

Merry Christmas from me!

Erik

Further to this, we wanted to ship the small batch today, but it did not arrive earlier this week as we expected. The courier bringing the stock to the UK confirmed it will arrive sometime today, which means tracking for the next small batch will be provided to you on Monday.

The big batch is also on the way for January - that one will notify of stock assignment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 11
1 hour ago, Erik said:

Further to this, we wanted to ship the small batch today, but it did not arrive earlier this week as we expected. The courier bringing the stock to the UK confirmed it will arrive sometime today, which means tracking for the next small batch will be provided to you on Monday.

The big batch is also on the way for January - that one will notify of stock assignment.

You are the hero with the golden pen who is saving F(x)tec from a mass exodus of disgruntled CRUSTYmers. Thank you for all you do! I trust you had a merry Christmas and will have an amazing new year. 

Whenever my clack arrives, it will be Christmas! Thank you for encouraging news that it might be soon!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, silversolver said:

You are the hero with the golden pen who is saving F(x)tec from a mass exodus of disgruntled CRUSTYmers. Thank you for all you do! I trust you had a merry Christmas and will have an amazing new year. 

Whenever my clack arrives, it will be Christmas! Thank you for encouraging news that it might be soon!

I can agree on that. By all critic I have at the communication of fxtec, @Erik prevents a total black out. The CEO's should be really thankful!

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
On 12/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, cube48 said:

Ordered 29.3.2019, payed 1.8.2019, order #11xxx, EU - Czech Republic, QWERTY.
Edit: No IGG backer.

Woow, pretty close! Qwertz, czech republic and #12*** here, since a paymant issue occurs... I also didn't have the account and order connected,  but then I had to cancel first order and make a new one (B2B issue), so now its over #30.000 😞

1 hour ago, Swond said:

Woow, pretty close! Qwertz, czech republic and #12*** here, since a paymant issue occurs... I also didn't have the account and order connected,  but then I had to cancel first order and make a new one (B2B issue), so now its over #30.000 😞

...i have 34xxxx...to czech republic too

• Like 1