PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

@DieBruine and @Wasmachineman_NL

My Senheiser PXC-550 II are supposed to support aptX and aptX-LL.

Developer menu shows it connects with AAC only.

And then there's the weird behaviour of my car's hands free where I can use the Pro1 as a music player but phone calls will use the phone speaker despite BT being set in the caller screen. Since the car is from 2010, there might be some older 2-way codec not working, too. But that already has it's own issue on GitHub.

@_DW_ the game installed fine for me. Started okay and downloaded an additional package.

Edited by Wheeljack
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wheeljack said:

@DieBruine and @Wasmachineman_NL

My Senheiser PXC-550 II are supposed to support aptX and aptX-LL.

Developer menu shows it connects with AAC only.

And then there's the weird behaviour of my car's hands free where I can use the Pro1 as a music player but phone calls will use the phone speaker despite BT being set in the caller screen. Since the car is from 2010, there might be some older 2-way codec not working, too. But that already has it's own issue on GitHub.

@_DW_ the game installed fine for me. Started okay and downloaded an additional package.

Just got in my car to test it for you. Phone calls function is working. Have you tried toggling this under BT settings? Under LOS I now have the option of HD Audio. I didn't have that option under stock.

Also I did some additonal testing on sound quality. When connected to my Pioneer XDP-300R (Android 5), I see the APTX logo and I definitely enjoy much higher bitrate than when connected to the Pro1. Also tried listening to Youtube on my company phone (Samsung A8). The A8 sounds better, less compressed, than the Pro1. Same headset of course.mymmb

My car is from 2008, but the BT module is newer. That being said, I read somewhere in the specs that it only supports A2DP. Besides, Phone calls function is always some low quality stone-age-codec...

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

F(x)tec Pro1 is in the news!

XDA did not understand something so don't get too excited. We are on LOS 16.0 so no LOS 17.1 (Android 10) yet. I believe that it is coming in future but we need to hold our horses for some time.

.... and the headline now correctly says LineageOS 17.1 adds support for the OnePlus One, Sony Xperia XZ2, XZ2 Compact, while F(x)tec Pro1 gets LineageOS 16

• Like 1

Lots of posts in the last few hours so I'm going to do a bulk reply. here...

@Wasmachineman_NL @DieBruine the Pro1 has not licensed aptX and the required aptX libraries should not be installed.  Therefore aptX should not work.  I am not familiar with the meaning of "HD audio" as it relates to BT.  Perhaps someone can enlighten me?

@EskeRahn @FlyingAntero the new build is larger because Nolen added "firmware" to the build.  I'll have to look into this to see exactly what was added and where.  Also, the changelog does not update exactly in sync with the builds.  I'm not sure why changes for other devices would be included, as I never looked at the code to generate the changelogs.  And lineageoslog.com is not an official Lineage site.

@marmistrz the update instructions from test builds to official builds are exactly the same as the install instructions that you can find on either my lineage page or the official wiki.  Start by booting into the official lineage recovery, sideload the official lineage build, reboot into recovery, sideload gapps and su, and reboot.  The only real difference is that you do not need to wipe as you would if you were coming from stock.

@TeZtdevice you should not uninstall system apps in Android.  I would recommend re-flashing Lineage to fix it.

• Thanks 7
4 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Have you tried toggling this under BT settings? Under LOS I now have the option of HD Audio. I didn't have that option under stock.

With or without HD audio my car connects using SBC. When I disable "media audio" I can't see it using any audio codec at all. Copy of phonebook and call controls work though.

6 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

Thanks for checking that obviously just something going on with my play store .  I'll try side loading it when I get chance.

So in case anyone is interested, here are the firmware partitions included:

abl, bluetooth, cmnlib, cmnlib64, devcfg, dsp, hyp, keymaster, mdtp, mdtpsecapp, modem, pmic, rpm, tz, xbl

These should be all of the A/B partitions excluding boot, system, vendor.  The shipped images should currently match the 2020-07-07 OTA.

And by the way ,this was all @npjohnson ... I did not really want firmware shipped because it's kind of pointless right now -- all stock builds have functionally identical firmware and that is likely to remain the case indefinitely.  But Lineage has Rules That Must Be Followed, so you "get" to download and extra 50mb because someone decided it was Good For You and Your Device.  🙄

• Thanks 3
54 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

With or without HD audio my car connects using SBC. When I disable "media audio" I can't see it using any audio codec at all. Copy of phonebook and call controls work though.

But do you have the "Phone call" option? That used to be called "Headset". Without that one, the Pro1 isn't connecting with your carkit for some reason.

@tdm

For some reason my Pro1 chooses different codecs for APTX-enabled hardware. But that is probably due to the fact that the hardware supports more codecs than just APTX. As stated one device uses AAC, the other SBC, in combination with an HD-audio BT connection.
I know that in the past A2DP was limited to 345kbps, I believe this was an Android limitation. SBC can support up to 728kbps. I assume that when you select HD-audio, the bandwidth is increased to >345kbps. I assure you, it is indeed increased. There are more lows and highs perceivable. APTX-HD only goes up to 576kbps, but at 24-bits depth as opposed to A2DP/SBC/16-bits.
AAC does 264kbps, but the codec itself is built around this principle. Which is  why AAC can certainly sound much better at a lower bitrate.

Anyway, it would be great if there was a tool that would help you decide which codecs to uses during the initial pairing handshake. Both my receiver/transmitter and Ora GrapheneQ have the Qualcomm CSR 8675 Bluetooth chipset. But for some reason when pairing the Pro1, they use different codecs.

For those that are interested:

https://www.soundguys.com/understanding-bluetooth-codecs-15352/
https://9to5mac.com/2018/12/31/bluetooth-audio-codecs-explained/
https://www.howtogeek.com/338750/whats-the-difference-between-bluetooth-a2dp-and-aptx/
https://bluetoothcheck.com/codecs

3 hours ago, TeZtdevice said:

Which app is recommend to uninstall system apps like music player or Browser ?
yesterday I uninstalled the player and now, the system won´t boot up anymore 😞

Some of the AOSP apps can be replaced with google apps if you use Opengapps.    Browser is an example, it can be replaced with chrome.   Just an idea if you're already a gapps user.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

But do you have the "Phone call" option? That used to be called "Headset". Without that one, the Pro1 isn't connecting with your carkit for some reason.

All four buttons are there for my car, same goes for my headset. Difference is that I can use my headset for calls but not the car.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:22 AM, Vince said:

image.png.b93c2ac203d27801977a2fcc864e8404.png

Any seeing this?  Chrome is blocking the latest build, but the build from last week is downloading just fine.  Don't think I've seen this anywhere else before.  Downloaded it just fine on Edge weirdly enough.

Edit:  Downloading from official page:  https://download.lineageos.org/pro1

I did see this in Firefox as well, but ignored it for 3 reasons:

1. These things tend to produce a lot of false alarms particularly with unfamiliar software.
  2. I'm not using the file on Windows but installing it on a phone and I don't believe a windows browser knows what is harmful on a phone
  3. I assume this is the same file that has gotten good reports after being installed OTA.

I sideloaded it and it is working fine. 🙂

• Like 1

Side question: Should wifi hotspot work on Pro1 LOS? Because it doesn't work on my device. Currently I am running test16 build IIRC, but I haven't seen anybody mentioning hotspot neither with older test builds or newer test or official builds. So the issue on my device is that the hotspot can't be switched on. 

Edited by auvo.salmi
5 minutes ago, auvo.salmi said:

Side question: Should wifi hotspot work on Pro1 LOS? Because it doesn't work on my device. Currently I am running test16 build IIRC, but I haven't seen anybody mentioning hotspot neither with older test builds or newer test or official builds. So the issue on my device is that the hotspot can't be switched on. 

It should, yes.  But I haven't tested it.  Can someone else confirm or deny hotspot functionality?

2 hours ago, tdm said:

It should, yes.  But I haven't tested it.  Can someone else confirm or deny hotspot functionality?

WiFi Hotspot works fine here.  I'm on the 7/27 Nightly (official)... I don't have a lot of reason to use WiFi Hotspot anymore since I am home so much, so never tried on earlier versions.  But it sure works fine now.

• Thanks 4
On 7/27/2020 at 6:13 PM, itsdevilslettuce said:

I don't know what's going on but I'm having fingerprint issues on LineageOS. It wasn't recognizing any touches plus every time my phone reboots the fingers were no longer saved. I went back to stock (had a bunch of stock OTAs) made sure it wasn't my sensor. Thankfully its not, everything works fine and data stays after reboots. 

So I figured lets try out Lineage again. Fresh clean install of the newest build and recovery (20200727) ... The sensor is responding and recognizing quite well; but, data is still lost after reboots. 😕

I was thinking about going back to the OTA test build v2 that I was running just before I flashed official Lineage. (cant remember if it was working properly or not)

I confirm, I have the same issue 😕

(loosing fingerprints after reboot)

-> Now it works. After deleting the fingerprints (with file manager), I locked again the read/write status of the system partition. And after a reboot my phone remembered my fingerprints

Edited by TeZtdevice

Just updated to newest Nightly build. Turns out I was running test11 and not 16 as I said above. I also did wipe because wanted to have a fresh start and see how many of my existing bugs/issues will follow me... Update went well and everything works... well, almost everything. Shortly after update I realized why I hadn't done this before; Because  of losing MagiskHide. I know this is not the favorite topic of our main Lineage developer, but is there still a way to get 'ctsProfile: true' or some other working way to hide root in the official build?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, auvo.salmi said:

Just updated to newest Nightly build. Turns out I was running test11 and not 16 as I said above. I also did wipe because wanted to have a fresh start and see how many of my existing bugs/issues will follow me... Update went well and everything works... well, almost everything. Shortly after update I realized why I hadn't done this before; Because  of losing MagiskHide. I know this is not the favorite topic of our main Lineage developer, but is there still a way to get 'ctsProfile: true' or some other working way to hide root in the official build?

Props config works for me, but is obviously less than ideal

• Like 2

Been having issues with the automatic brightness.  It keeps putting the brightness down to about 1/4 which I find unreadable and need it about 1/2 - 3/4 brightness.  Now this is obviously at night it's doing this just so happens I use my phone most then! 

Now I can actually move it up an its fine but when I unlock it will always dim it again.  I do recollect reading android 9 learns your preferred levels does this still happen?  as its driving me nuts 🤣  (obviously this just a minor annoyance really)

I'm experiencing some keyboard issues with LOS. I use Google Hangouts a lot for IM. Sometimes charcters aren't registered. Sometimes words are repeated. Spcae isn't registered most often.
When I take a look at my previous post I notice it happeneqed before. THis is a good example... WTF is that q (happeneqed) doing there!? There is no way I could have typed that by accident. So, anyone else having keyboard issues? Also, shortcuts to special.l characters keep popping up. See the image. I have absolutely no idea as to why...

Ow and btw (off-topic), the coating on my "e" is dammaged. Anyone experience with the right lacquer to fix that?

Screenshot_20200729-155945_Hangouts.png

In this case the "b" wasn't registered and soon after that again that pop-up with special characters...

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion