Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

They have posted another update here:

by FX Technology
May 5, 2022 • 7:15PM
26 minutes ago
Pro1-X Manufacturing Update - May

Dear Pro1-X Backers,

Here is another brief update for you all regarding Pro1-X production:

• We are all booked in and confirmed to start mass manufacturing on Tuesday 10th May. 
  • As per the manufacturing timeline, we shared with you all in April, we are still on track to start mass shipping your Pro1-Xs around mid to late May!

We will share more photos with you all once the mass assembly line has begun next week.

ym1axaf6fdxfwdwwdwoq.png

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 7
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

I just got an SMS from a DHL Express shipment from HONG KONG SAR, CHINA from "Bailun" having been picked today at 20:02. It could be the spare battery I have  ordered.

I doubt it is the phone. I don't think they have yet the technology which would allow shipping items before they are manufactured.

edit: Turned out this was not FxTec shipment but from Win Source, an electronics component distributor.

Edited by jlavi
  • Haha 4
33 minutes ago, marmistrz said:

I remember reading somewhere that the Pro1x was supposed to have a massive camera upgrade (to a 48MP sensor) but I can't find it on fxtec.com. Was the plan eventually abandoned?

The first mention of an upgraded camera sensor was in F(x)tec's February 2021 update on IGG, the same update in which the SD662 chipset was revealed.

We are upgrading the camera module to the latest 48MP Sony IMX586 Sensor to take advantage of the Snapdragon 662’s support for larger camera sensors.

F(x)tec appear to have come through with this. The first image of the new sensor was in their June 2021 update.

The new 48MP camera module has arrived and is ready to tune.

flszo7gsnsfsw9k2aq5f.png.425409972ad9d0a0d7cabea8f23c6e1c.png

Mentioned again in their August 2021 update, and most recently in their October 2021 update:

The new IMX586 camera module is now fully functioning, with the autofocus and flashlight fully refined for capturing the perfect pic!

Despite the global shortage and delays regarding a lot of electronic components and chipsets this year, we have secured all the necessary components required to begin production. This includes the Qualcomm SoC parts, camera sensor, screen (which are currently in short supply).

As final assembly is beginning now, I assume it's safe to say they have all the sensors now, and they will be included with the Pro1 X.

Edited by jsreed5
  • Like 2

int

2 minutes ago, jsreed5 said:

The first mention of an upgraded camera sensor was in F(x)tec's February 2021 update on IGG, the same update in which the SD662 chipset was revealed.

F(x)tec appear to have come through with this. The first image of the new sensor was in their June 2021 update.

Mentioned again in their August 2021 update, and most recently in their October 2021 update:

As final assembly is beginning now, I assume it's safe to say they have all the sensors now, and they will be included with the Pro1 X.

thanks. I was confused by the fact that their webpage still mentions the IMX363: https://fxtec.com/pro1x

• Thanks 1

Another official update about manufacturing has been begun at here:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8
by FX Technology
May 11, 2022 • 1:19PM
8 minutes ago

cyg1lkzuybp9p05wcnh9.jpg

Dear Pro1-X Backers,

Pro1-X mass manufacturing has officially begun!

Take a look at some of the recent photos and videos sent from the factory:

wza5eqrncnwwsczxifdh.jpg

pctru18lczzdmkpd0jvt.jpg

With assembly now well underway, we still expect to start shipping your devices in mid to late May. We would just like to remind you all one last time, to double-check your shipping address to ensure that everything is correct before shipping begins.

As always, thank you all for your continued patience and support - we can not wait for you to receive your new and exclusive Pro1-Xs!

Team Fxtec 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

May 18, 2022 • 9:13AM PDT

Dear Pro1-X Backers,

We hope you are all well 🙂

Here is a quick update for you with some more behind-the-scenes footage of Pro1-X production:

ldrylhniv11bslpxqqkz.jpg

aqvlj7dzowio9sycooak.jpg

b1ocelmqme8yx4rllahz.jpg

Watch on Vimeo

Watch on Vimeo

Watch on Vimeo

We are making great progress with the manufacturing of devices, and will be sending out more information regarding shipping dates and expected delivery in due course.  

As always, thank you all for your continued patience and support - we can not wait for you to receive your new and exclusive Pro1-Xs!

Team Fxtec 🙂

🙂

• Like 3

I am toying with ordering one of these. Hmm. I still have my Pro1 and have no real objection other than I need to change my screen because the digitizer goes bananas sometimes. I like the improvements in the X, but doubt it will make any real improvement in my life. What to do.....

• Like 1
3 hours ago, silversolver said:

I am toying with ordering one of these. Hmm. I still have my Pro1 and have no real objection other than I need to change my screen because the digitizer goes bananas sometimes. I like the improvements in the X, but doubt it will make any real improvement in my life. What to do.....

"Either you are with us, or against us"

😇

• Haha 5
7 hours ago, silversolver said:

I have ordered one - better to have more than having none of a keyboard phone. 😄

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

From the latest update:

ucbnn1yj0w82klrrcsov.jpg

The available engraving area must have been increased in the end. I remember mine (top left, IGG contest reward) used all available space in height and width in the demonstration render they provided, but I see the lunar module in the bottom row is much higher. Not a complaint at all, it is good news for those who wanted bigger logos!

Edited by matf
  • Like 3

Here's the complete message:

ctcaeycwsnlea3hohkc8.jpg

posted by FX Technology

May 24, 2022 • 5:29AM PDT

nyfn9ub4nqegni9bbs5j.jpg

Dear Pro1-X backers,

Here are the latest manufacturing and shipping updates:

Mass Manufacturing

As you can see from our last two updates, the factory has been hard at work assembling your Pro1-X’s. Due to the intricate design of this device and its unique hardware features, we have imposed thorough QC checks at multiple stages of the production line to ensure the highest quality standards are met. 

Engraved Devices

Our team has also almost finished the engraved Pro1-X perks. Check out some of the engraving designs below:

ucbnn1yj0w82klrrcsov.jpg

OS Development

Whilst our manufacturing and assembly line is full steam ahead, there is a slight delay with the OS development. 

Switching from the SD835 to SD662 chipset has meant that existing development for Ubuntu Touch and Lineage OS is no longer applicable. The software and hardware functionality must be re-done for the new SD662 chipset.  

Community developers have been sent pre-production units, but are still undergoing thorough testing for Lineage OS, and Ubuntu Touch OS. This process can not be rushed because we want to make sure that your Pro1-X’s are shipped with full useability and functionality. 

With this in mind, those that have opted for Lineage OS or Ubuntu Touch OS will have to wait slightly longer before their order can be shipped. Once the community development team is happy with the status of both OS’s we can continue to ship your devices!

Please note, that delayed shipping does not apply to Android OS backers. Those that have opted for Android OS will still receive their Pro1-X’s once mass manufacturing has finished. 

Lineage OS & Ubuntu Touch OS backers:

Please choose from the following options:

1. Keep your chosen OS & wait for developers to finish software testing. Your Pro1-X will be shipped slightly later than Android backers. 
  2. Change your OS to Android. Your Pro1-X will now ship with Android OS instead of Lineage or Ubuntu OS, and your perk will be shipped with no delays. 
    1. Email [email protected].
    2. Subject: ‘Indiegogo Android OS
    3. Include your full name and contribution number.

Please note, if you change your OS to Android we will provide documentation on how to flash your Pro1-X to Lineage OS or Ubuntu Touch OS yourself (once the software is available to use and stable). 

Shipping  

The factory has almost finished assembly, which means that your Pro1-X’s are just about ready to ship! 

We are just waiting on the final GMS tests to be approved before we can go ahead with the OS flashing and mass shipment of devices. Whilst we do not expect this to take any longer than 2 weeks, we will update you as soon as we have heard back / received final approval. 

In the meantime, we will continue to send out regular updates on mass manufacturing, shipping information, and OS development.

As always, thank you all for your continued patience and support - we can not wait for you to receive your Pro1-X’s!

Team Fxtec 🙂

So now the suspicion is confirmed that LineageOS (also Ubuntu Touch) isn't ready for the shipping of this batch. Sad, but good they let us change to Android, I've just sent the mail a minute ago!

EDIT: And the change has already been confirmed by Fxtec.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

Here's the complete message:

So now the suspicion is confirmed that LineageOS (also Ubuntu Touch) isn't ready for the shipping of this batch. Sad, but good they let us change to Android, I've just sent the mail a minute ago!

EDIT: And the change has already been confirmed by Fxtec.

Yep same, got the confirmation too. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

I assume most people will do the same, those ready to use Ubuntu Touch or LineageOS probably were prepared to flashing themselves at some point anyway. I asked to change too, but made sure they knew I wouldn't keep Android. It probably doesn't make any difference, but just in case, I want F(x)tec to know that offering alternate OSes was and still is greatly appreciated and a selling point for me, despite this temporary choice in favour of Android to get the device earlier.

Edited by matf
  • Like 4

Definitely not for me, as I really hate intrusive google stuffs in stock android the risk of premature death is too great.

Edited by raymo