Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Acurus said:

Lucky guy! I ordered in May 2020 and have still no massage ...

Neither have I (September 2019). Looks like their shipping order is similarly incomprehensible as it was back in 2020.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Sad 1
On 7/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, EskeRahn said:

The big difference being that UniHertz had test samples before going to Kickstarter in May.
FxTec had to rediesign the whole inner works after they had taken the pledges and was swindled.
UniHertz started their design phase one-two months before FxTec started their redesign.
Also remember that all the major inner components of the Slim and their Pocket are identical, so software and most likely almost(?) all drivers from the Pocket could be reused, so little software development (if any?).
Just like the Pro1X was supposed to be versus the Pro1 before the swindle.
But indeed impressive that Uniherz is over a month month ahead of their scheduled shipping in September.

So i have been daily driving this unihertz titan slim for a couple days now 
i have to say its a nifty little device and more or less it functions good in about every single way 
however the screen realy is small and the keyboard is a realy weird layout 
if the pro x ever shows up i probably be switching to that for daily driving just because of the screen 
if only they had made the keyboard the same as BB

having said that , the remote controll function of the unihertz is a absolute killer 
i have quickly removed all my remote controlls out of my home and replaced it with the unihertz 
8 less remote's 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/1/2022 at 1:14 PM, mawi said:

Order from September 2019. Should be a qwertz layout. That is what support said about it:

So I guess we can conclude that batch 1 is US qwertY, and other layouts are in batch 2.

3 hours ago, mawi said:

Order from September 2019

Hey, I thought I was the only one left with an order dating back as far as September 2019 😄 

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

So I guess we can conclude that batch 1 is US qwertY, and other layouts are in batch 2.

Or maybe destination region? There's no tracking info for mine (September 2019, qwerty) yet – which is supposed to go to Europe...

OK, so I couldn't contain myself and asked the support for batch and got a reply it's in first and shipping should commence in the next few days.

My contribution ID <150, October 2020, Pre-Early Bird Perk, standard QWERTY keyboard.

Edited by aquaz
messed up the date
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, aquaz said:

My contribution ID <150, October 2019

After all that time it's more than understandable that we get confused about the exact year 😉, but I guess that should read 2020, as that was the year the Indiegogo campaign started?

Anyway, good to know that notifications for first batch shippings are still coming up, and good to know that there definitely are a whole lot of IGG backers already in batch 1, too!

Just to eleminate the "website orders first" rumor from IGG. I'm confirmed batch 2 and ordered Dec. 2019. However, Im fine with a few more weeks.

[Order #467xx] (December 30, 2019)

• Upgrade package : Option 2: Sapphire Blue 8gb ram

• KB layout: QWERTZ for Germany

• Pre-installed OS: Android OS

• Destination: Germany, Europe

So either the orders are grouped by countries for cheaper container shippment or production has been grouped by KB Layout, Colors (Black/Blue).

My guess is its about the shippment. Because printing different keyboards shouldn't be a thing in a modern factory.

Edit: Colors can't be the reason as there was a production update photo with blue ones. Engraved however.

Edited by Humbelum
  • Thanks 4

I ordered via the IGG campaign (#1874) and purchased the pre-early bird 256 GB perk, with a QWERTY keyboard, no engraving, and switched from LineageOS to Android. I am located in the US.

It appears some orders from batch 1 are arriving in the US now. I haven't inquired as to what batch my order is in, but I have not yet received a shipping notification, so I assume mine is not in batch 1.

That being said, the number of confirmed orders I'm seeing is rather small for a 707-unit batch. It's possible that my order is indeed in batch 1 and it's simply shipping slowly. If that's the case, I hope the slow dispatch of batch 1 it doesn't impact the timing of shipments from batch 2.

I got lucky enough with a Super Early Bird 256GB with standard QWERTY in NE US.  I have confirmation as of yesterday that I'm part of Batch 1 and should look for an email in the coming days and to keep an eye on that spam folder, but no emails yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I ordered Pro¹X: 256Gb/8G black, qwerty, via web site at the 17 April 2021 with order number 58xxx . Just ask support and they inform me that I'm in Batch 2 and to wait for tracking code mail after 2-3 weeks from now.

My current phone is Nokia 8 Sirocco, 4 years old. Last year change battery hoping to receive Pro¹X soon. Thanks to God that my old Nokia 8 Sirocco still work good ...

• Like 4
On 8/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, EskeRahn said:

We just on IGG have had one reporting shipping info on a qwertZ and one to Austria, so my theory was wrong.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

We just on IGG have had one reporting shipping info on a qwertZ and one to Austria, so my theory was wrong.

Mine is a QWERTY unit coming to Hungary (e-mail has arrived today around 10am but not count me twice as I have already wrote in the forum 🙂).

• Like 1

Seeing the igg orders start to be sipped has caused that irritated feeling, that I thought I had completely quashed, start to reer its ugly head again.

Oh well, I guess I'll go poke things with a stick to distract myself.

Horray for progress being made!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EvilDNA127 said:

Seeing the igg orders start to be sipped has caused that irritated feeling, that I thought I had completely quashed, start to reer its ugly head again.

I do not see any order in how Expansys/Fedex process the orders. And as they seem to be doing it so slowly, they might have the Batch 2 in queue also before finishing shipping Batch 1....

23 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I do not see any order in how Expansys/Fedex process the orders. And as they seem to be doing it so slowly, they might have the Batch 2 in queue also before finishing shipping Batch 1....

Yeah, I was kind of thinking Fxtec dropped the units off at the shipper with no direction on what particular units should go out first, thus causing them to not fulfill their promise of getting the pro 1 replacements out before the igg pledges.

1 minute ago, EvilDNA127 said:

Yeah, I was kind of thinking Fxtec dropped the units off at the shipper with no direction on what particular units should go out first, thus causing them to not fulfill their promise of getting the pro 1 replacements out before the igg pledges.

Well the difference in delivery between first and last within batch one was likely expected to be in days, so hardly worth the trouble, to split it further. As so many times before this project was hit by unexpected delays, this time of the shipping out being slow..... The main point is that all the old orders should be handled in the first batch, so handled before the majority of the IGG perks. I doubt that FxTec has any influence on how Expansys/Fedex handle stuff in their queues, including the order. Most likely they handle stuff from various sources to the same country/region collectively, and not each parcel independently.

• Thanks 3
8 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Most likely they handle stuff from various sources to the same country/region collectively, and not each parcel independently.

To be this slow I would guess they are filling the last little gaps in a container full of other stuff with phones.  Two working weeks and still less than 100 reported sent is pathetic but Fxtec have obviously done their bit as it is happening.

As someone who ordered a couple of days from the original IGG end date I should be near the end of batch 2, which at this rate might arrive in time for Christmas.  At least Ubuntu will be ready by then!

• Haha 3